Original Impetus Project: Back/Step

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by mindstorm787, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Danni quirked an eyebrow at Jay, wondering if he was just being silly with his flirting. Spectre even gave her vote of confidence in her, saying that she could practice her powers on the job. "I suppose you're right..." She didn't have any more time to dwell on it when everything was suddenly sealed and they were faced to face with their supposed assignment. Guess there was no turning back now. She wasn't too sure about it, but if two out of the three people in this group said she could possibly be of help... she would stay.

She tried to process the information the was given to them, her mind trying to circulate current events, names, and anything else that came into mind that would help her figure this all out. When it was all said and done, she saw Nicholas' reactions. A couple of things bothered her; like the seemingly lack of evidence behind this Rex's arrest even though things seems to be pointed to him, and at the same time, it seemed like too many things were pointed to him. "I know it's been three years now, but there's a few things that I have questions about... Is there a possibility that other people could have been sucked into this time vortex?"
    She asked while tapping her knuckles on her chin. "Like while time was stopped, some people could still walk around and be unaffected by it?" She began to pace back and forth, her mind whirling with even more questions as they were starting to tumble out of her lips. "... Did he have a previous hatred or motive to target the Church? Like I know I heard some not so good things, but... Was there anything in his history that suggested he had a personal tie to them in some way to target them at all?" Danni was in no way a detective, but she was interested in how the mind work and watched a lot of criminology shows and the likes.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Jaycob listened closely to all that was said. At least everyone eventually agreed to join in this endeviour, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. Then he continued to shut them all in the room. Jaycob couldn't help but laugh a little bit to himself. If he could touch any mechanism that connected to the main controls, he could get himself out of here. Whatever he was trying to do, it wouldn't be enough to stop someone with the right set of abilities, his set of abilities. Either way, he could at least admire his attempt at making the secure, and it would be from most people, including all the normies that seemed to work here and were judging him when he came through the first time.

The mission was then laid out before them and Jaycob found himself leaning against the wall listening to the conversation. "So you want us to catch this Rex guy for you? Sending freaks against freaks to deal with the situation. I suppose I can manage that." Meanwhile Danni was asking more questions. It wasn't wrong of her to do so, but Jaycob found it easier to learn as he went and work on a need to know basis. After all working for the Police they only told him what he absolutely needed to know to get the job done. "So what sort of resources do we have for this? Police records? City cameras? Do I have to hack into the legal system for this crap still, or do we get access to anything we need. Also immunity from the law. Most of my helpful abilities aren't considered particularly legal." Nor would most people, but he regularly invaded peoples privacy, and he would need to continue doing it just to get the right information. He refused to come out of this a criminal.

3. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Current Track - Black Mesa OST - Inbound Part 3

"I know it's been three years now, but there's a few things that I have questions about... Is there a possibility that other people could have been sucked into this time vortex?" Danni has asked, causing Nicholas to look back in her direction. “Like while time was stopped, some people could still walk around and be unaffected by it?”
    “I wouldn’t call it a time vortex, per say. At least, not from what Rex described.” He scratched the side of his cheek, as if he had trouble grasping the concept. “According to him, he could stop time in short bursts in a large area of effect. In his case, as long as he did it for a few seconds at a time, he claimed the range is infinite. But I could never wrap my head around such an abstract concept.”

He stopped to look back at her again. “As for people moving through the time stop itself, only one person was able to move through it normally, and that was our very own A-7/5, whom reported the incident; Jameson Lee. His ability to move in and out of electronics saved him, and was out on an assignment of his own. He was the one who made it known of what happened. As for anyone else, I know of two people who could theoretically move through it. One is dead at Rex’s hands, and the other... well. A-7’s data was lost on that one. So even I don’t have the answer to that.” He sighed again this. “I’ve been getting more questions than answers myself lately.”

"... Did he have a previous hatred or motive to target the Church?” Danni pressed. “Like I know I heard some not so good things, but... Was there anything in his history that suggested he had a personal tie to them in some way to target them at all?"
    “Hah.” Nicholas huffed with a grim laugh. “The question is asked.” He turned to her more fully. “Indeed he did. Rex supposedly wanted to be a vigilante for A-7’s needs. But he did it in an unorthodox way. At the time, our late A-7/1, Ermand Teslar, also kept Rex’s Gaian trait secret, allowing Rex to work as an unregistered vigilante. I didn’t understand why until I learned the truth, but, being the class president and the liaison to the school staff at the time, I kept my mouth shut.” He tilted his head. “Teslar’s aim in 2017 was to create a school as a bridge to gap the differences between Regs and Supers; a little experiment to quell anti-super thought process, especially since it was beginning to come to a head back then, only worsening now. Naturally, the Church of Eight Hands thrive on discord, and thus sought to try to shut it down by any means. Rex, working under Teslar’s guidance, went after the Church many times to protect the school,”

He tapped a button on his remote to show a blurry picture of a man dressed in black facing away from the camera, only looking back to reveal what looked like a white smiling mask and a red Occuli. “As the vigilante Ze Operator. He was the vigilante that no one knew of, including A-7 at the time. Teslar Academy had a chance to be what A-7 needed to bring peace. Until Rex’s meltdown, of course.” He lowered his gaze. “I’d never seen him so angry before.” He muttered before he looked back up. “He tended to be a tad hot-headed, but when they came to round him up, he didn’t say a word. All he did was allow them to cuff him. So to this day, I don’t know what his relationship to the Church is.” He turned back. “In the end, Rex was considered collateral, and Teslar and I had to claim ignorance. However, Teslar still took the fall, and the Academy was shut down anyway, and the headmaster was forced to retire from A-7. Whereas I was given position of Speaker as a means to keep an eye on my motives.”

"So you want us to catch this Rex guy for you?” Jay chimed in. “Sending freaks against freaks to deal with the situation. I suppose I can manage that."
    Nicholas looked to Jay. “Naturally, we could’ve sent an elite team after him. But Rex was trained by White Impulse, who at the time, was the best among the vigilantes on the payroll. Besides, Rex won’t listen to anyone within A-7 ranks. So naturally, we needed someone completely unrelated to A-7. That’s where you come in.”
    "So what sort of resources do we have for this?” Jay asked Nicholas. “Police records? City cameras? Do I have to hack into the legal system for this crap still, or do we get access to anything we need. Also immunity from the law. Most of my helpful abilities aren't considered particularly legal."
    Nicholas pulled a flat look, his regular mannerism returning. “This task is considered ghost protocol. This means that if you raise flags for A-7, I will have no choice but to send a cleanup squad.” He drummed his fingers on the table. “You may still return to resupply and to recuperate, but if you’re going to do something obscenely stupid, make sure you take care of it covertly so that I don’t have so much brass up my ass that I’d be playing Star-Spangled Banner.”
    He leaned in his chair. “It’s important to catch Rex, as at this phase, he’s unpredictable. And I already have enough problems to deal with. Thanks to that nimrod’s meddling, his tantrum seemingly has caused Temporal and Dimensional Fractures to become more commonplace and harder to deal with, and Nuckelavee and his band of psycho Sarkic maniacs are becoming unbearable. If I didn’t know any better, it’s as if all of this is a chain reaction.”

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Danni took as much information in as she could, trying to store all the names and whatnot to the best of her abilities. She was more of a face person than a name person. Jay seemed like he was ready to go more than anything and just wanted to get out of here. When Nicholas said to not do anything too illegal, Danni gave Jay a sidways glance and placed her hands behind her back as she faced the Speaker. "So... where would you like us to start...?"

5. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

“I recommend starting by looking at places where Rex could be. But I also recommend asking those who know of him or have history with him.” Nicholas replied to Danni. “I really don’t care how you do it. Just find him and detain him.” He shoved a hand in his pocket, and drew a keycard, sliding it towards Jaycob on the table. “Jaycob, since you have experience in law enforcement and have dealt in these kinds of matters, you’re in charge of leading this assignment. As such, you may use this Level 5 Access Keycard to return here to resupply should you need to. Assuming you haven’t done something to piss off my superiors, that is.”

Obtained an A-7 Level 5 Keycard!

Inventory Thread Unlocked!

• Your powers and your classification are everything. Based on how you chose your character at the beginning depends on what benefits and deficits you must deal with over time.

• Enhancers have the benefit of gaining an extra 5 STA per post during resting (both in and out of combat).
        • Elementals cannot recharge their ENG naturally unless by interacting with the environment around them every post, and if they do, they cannot attack for the turn if they are in a fight. Trade off is that they gain 30 ENG when they do manually recharge and have an extra 5 ATK points at the start of the game.
        • Artificials’ ENG meter doubles as a “durability” meter. In and out of combat, or if they don’t naturally block, their ENG will absorb any damage taken equal to the current DEF stat. Downside is that they cannot recharge their ENG naturally by any means. They must purchase special items from shops to replenish it.
        • Arcanes gain an extra 5 ENG buff during rest, the opposite of Enhancer.
        • Gaians, meaning those that are classified as such at the start of the game, don’t need to use STA and ENG for most of their abilites, and have an extra 5 Base LV at the start. Their trade-off is that most, if not all of their abilities are cooldown-based, and need to wait out before using them again.
      • Throughout the game, each of you will gain different items that will assist you on your journey. Depending on the current conditions, some of these items can be used in the world around you. Keep in mind that your inventory space, however, is limited to your base level.

• Two types - active and regular. Anything in the active inventory can usually be used automatically in battle.
        • There can only be up to 6 items in your active inventory.
        • New items can either be found by exploring the world, completing tasks, or buying items from a shop with Credits.
        • Any item picked up that cannot fit in the inventory must be either discarded or exchanged. Only take what you need.
        • Key Items usually cannot be used in combat, but can be held on to and used when certain conditions are met.
        • Weapons come in two types. Melee and Ranged. Some will require ammunition to use. The good news is that ammunition occupies the same inventory slot as the required weapon.
        • Consumables are items that can be used and stacked. They are also the only item that can be used regardless whether it's in an active slot or not.
        • Armor are items that when used modify your stats until they are removed.
      • There will be times where you will need to fight. Fighting improves your ability to deal with greater and harder threats later on. Keep your team alive and safe!

• Players may make as many movements as they need in one post. However, damage dealt defines the energy cost necessary.
        • Different moves can have an additional move cost.
        • Moves must be properly defined. If they are used multiple times, players need to copy-paste the action multiple times.
        • Blocking and dodging can be defined multiple times. They both have their costs, however.
        • Players can equip up to two weapons at a time (Unless one of them is two-handed).
        • Weapons can have up to 5 moves that don’t need to be unlocked.
      • To get stronger, you will need to gain experience. The stronger you are, the more efficient you’ll be in a fight.

• Stat Points are awarded when a mission is completed or a battle is one. They are used to improve your stats or even unlock new abilities and skills.
        • HP - Sum total of your overall health. Maxes to 1,000, and players can use Stat Points to improve it. Players regain 40 HP per post if they haven’t attacked.
        • LV - Your current Level of Violence. Maxes to 400. Increase this stat to increase your threshold of other stats. Costs 5 Stat points to LV up by 1.
        • ATK - Total modified damage output. Acts as a percentage. Any damage dealt is modified by this stat.
        • DEF - Total amount of damage that is defendable. Acts as a percentage. Any damage negated is modified by this stat.
        • SPD - Movement speed. Acts as a percentage. Dictates the battle order of combat as well as the initiative.
        • STA and ENG - Energy statistics for combat and actions. You regain 10 STA and 15 ENG per post (Not counting classification conditions).
      • There are various shops in Chrinistar. Each must be discovered to have access to it, and your character must be physically at the location to buy or sell items.

Every shop has something different to offer. Make sure to check them often; they may have something new depending on the situation!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Well that wasn't all that useful of information. There was no guarantee that he had anything that could help with information. As long as he covered his tracks though, no one would care, so he would be careful with that. He then raised an eyebrow to another comment. "So he won't listen to A-7 Elite enforcers, but you think he will to a cop, a street girl, a barista and a government experiment. You seem to have lofty ideals." Don't get him wrong, he would still do it, but it did seem a little silly. He didn't even care that he outed himself as a cop, Nicholas did that when he announced him as the leader of the group. Spectre would just have to live with it, after all, he didn't arrest her. It should be clear now that he wasn't here to get her for some reason, but just to do a job. If they all understood it, then it should be fine. "So should I take this as you are dismissing us?" He asked looking to the locked door wondering if it would be opening for them soon.

7. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Nicholas let out a subtle huff, closing his eyes. He then raised a hand lazily, snapping it. Immediately, all the cameras in the room revealed themselves again, and the door unlocked.
    “One final thing,” Nicholas said as he lowered his arm, shoving it into his pants pocket and taking out a folded piece of slightly burnt up paper. Nicholas opened his eyes, bright and purple Occuli showing. The burnt paper glowed the same color as his eyes, and it began to gravitate toward one of Danni’s hands.

Obtained Entry #28!

Entry #28
    August 17th, 2021

Nuckelavee… is gone. I [Illegible]. It’s been a few weeks since Alessa, [Illegible], Katherine and I stormed their base of operations and have taken out everyone in the way. There is nothing left of the Church for it to survive. The more prominent cells still need to be dissolved, but so far, my efforts have finally been worth it all. I simply wished Teslar would’ve seen his 40 years of effort be realized. Theo would be proud. Garrett would be ecstatic. And Luci… well. I’d assume that she's finally going to rest in the care of the Three Brothers Grimm. She deserves it the most of all.

Honestly though, I truly wish all of this could’ve been avoided. But unfortunately, Mehk[Illegible]. If Luci hadn’t died that day, I’d assume things would occur differently, among other things. [Illegible] is very fickle. If you change something that is bound to happen, the very Gaian Laws that the world, even the universe we live in follows, has to compensate for even the smallest change. As for me? I think it’s finally time that I stopped donning my mask. Though my last fight empowered me further, it’s time I decided to step back a bit.

Even someone like me deserves to rest. I should definitely stop by Luci’s grave for a bit before that though. I never actually got to see her before the Academy closed. Besides, it’s been a while.

“About 3 days ago, an unstable Temporal Fracture opened up in front of the North Gate.” Nicholas said as his eyes faded back to their natural blue color. “It’s what prompted the Council to present this task at all. The Fracture only remained open for 8 seconds, that paper being the only thing that came through. But it was different. Temporal Fractures tend to have blue and purple hues to them, symbolizing entry and exits respectively. This one was an orange color.”
    He leaned into his seat. “And based on the date of that sheet, the Council has reason to believe that Rex had done something we aren’t fully aware of that’s causing all of this... instability in the city. That entry is in his handwriting. But the carbon dating also doesn’t lie; we’ve tested the results over and over. That sheet literally came from 4 months from now. That’s why the Council, and I personally, want you to find him and get those answers, as he may be the only one that actually knows what in the world is going on.”

He sighed, waving them off. You’re all free to go. I hope for your sake, and for your peace of mind, that you all succeed.” He said.

MISSION START!
    > Track down Rex Valin.
    > Find any whereabouts as to what happened during the Chrinistar Timestop.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

She hadn't agreed to it. At no point did he even acknowledge she was just hearing it out. He just went straight into talking about it like she would. Spectre didn't even want to potentially throw herself into a death trap for the government's sake. Especially not for this criminal. She of course knew next to nothing about them other than name. People on the streets talked looking out for one another. Of course rumors about a fugitive were known to her. But that didn't mean she wanted to throw her life on the line to... surely she didn't wanna protect people from getting...? No. She could easily make more money just stealing off people and getting her own place to...

An old, familiar voice rang in her ears as she sat there.

"Helping people is something I can do. Something I feel good about doing. If I have a chance it's better to take it... right?"

Fuck.

Spectre said nothing about anything else and when dismissed she left the room and waited for the others, When they got there she spoke quietly,"...I've no idea how to start with someone with a power like this." Spectre looked scared and admitted, "If it weren't for Jay and Danni I'd think he sent us to get killed... only thing I could even think of is looking deeper into the letter."

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Danni wasn't prepared to be handed a little piece of paper in the special way it was delivered and nearly recoiled as it floated to her, but she grabbed it anyways and opened it up. There was just so much information to process, she felt like her brain was a muddled pile of mush. Chrinistar Timestop, escaped possibly dangerous convict, a cult involved, time tears and other shit just to name a few things. Just earlier she was making bad orders of coffee and worrying about getting home to her cat.

She left the room sullen faced, holding the piece of paper in her hand as the weight of what she was dragged into was weighing down on her. Where would they even begin...? The Speaker said something vague, but didn't give anything specific. Was it in the files? She was already out of the room, and she didn't feel like going back in. She pressed her lips in a thin line as she looked behind her, holding back a sigh as Spectre's voice brought her out of her thoughts. The letter... She held it up for Spectre to see.
    "Some parts are hard to read though. It's mostly first names... There's no last names."

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    With permission to go, Jaycob followed shortly behind Spectre and Danni as they left the room. He was in charge, but he had little idea exactly how to go about doing any of this. Damn why did they have to make this so difficult, his normal routine usually involved the police doing most of the heavy lifting and then calling him in when they have a concise idea of what they needed done. Either way he had to at least try and be useful. Running his fingers through his hair, Jay looked at the group before him and let out a sigh. "Your not wrong Spectre, we should look into that letter, but it is hard to start. I suppose we could go back to my office and see if I can cross reference the names in the letter with previous acquaintances of Rex . Perhaps that will five us some ideas, and since the cat is out of the bag on my job, it will be easier to do since I can just walk up to my own computer this time." Jaycob suggested just trying to figure out a starting point. "And maybe while I do that, you guys could take a closer look at the areas that can't be read, perhaps some letters or indents in the paper are legible enough we can at least take a guess of what they are supposed to say." He continued hoping that was a satisfactory starting point.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    It seemed that one way or another that he was still roped into doing all this regardless of how he felt about it. Their first task had been a bunch of investigations that they currently lacked the proper amount of information to conduct. They were given a starting place in the form of the letter sent over to Danni, but she had been the only properly give it a read. "Whatever you think will be helpful." The letter was a good place to start and since Danni was currently holding it up, Zeke moved himself to that he too would be able to get a look at it as well.

12. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Date - April 12th, 2021, 17:57
    Location - Downtown District,
    Location Unknown
    Current Track - Glitchtale OST - Impasse

While everyone could only assume where the youngest Valin could be, it turns out he had once again done what he did best - hide in plain sight. Any low-rent apartment in Purgos or Downtown was ideal, and so far during the past few months have been nothing short of blessing. Naturally, it was very hard for his usual habits to die. He never left Chrinistar; it was his home. He couldn’t, not after he’d live most of already. Not after there was still a lot of work to be done.

Heading up the steps up to his apartment, making sure he wasn’t seen, he unlocked the front door, entering and locking it behind him. He sighs heavily, walking into the kitchen as he fished his pockets, removing every wallet he’d yanked from the thugs he’d dealt with in that alleyway in Purgos. Normally, Rex didn’t agree with stealing on any measure, even from criminals. But with his family’s assets frozen and with most of his brother’s equipment in the hands of authority, he had very little options to work with in terms of getting through the next day.

He headed into the living room and sat in a chair that stood by a nearby window, looking out to it as he removed his hooded jacket. He held his head as he listened to the streets below, the obnoxious honking of passerby and the occasional quarrel of two or more men having a disagreement. Not that it was any better in the apartment; it was old and the walls were thin, and every once in a while, Rex every so often heard the couple having a few beers too many. Or worse. Thank the gods he was a heavy sleeper.

The three years in prison changed him. He’d lost weight, and he looked slightly more gaunt. All because of what happened. All because he chose to take the fall for something he never did. All because of people pointing the wrong fingers. All because of what he was. Rex’s eyes narrowed as he quickly ran down the list of what had happened over the past time up to his escape. When he lost his power, he was weak and unable to properly execute his ability. Not that he wanted to for the past years. He’d always intended to serve his time and then be released. But someone freed him. Everything happens for a reason and the fact that the power grid to the HQ of the branch of government specifically made to police supers going down just seemed a little too coincendental. Someone had opened the door for Rex, and he was not sure who. But it mattered not; he saw an opportunity and took it.

After he left the prison, all qualms of his morality had all but faded. For the first few months he angrily searched for remnants of the Church of Eight Hands attacking any thug he came across. Police and local authorities were baffled by mass turf wars in Purgos and outskirts of Downtown seemingly stopped for no reason, thugs either knocked out cold, needing weeks of physical recovery due to broken limbs, or occasional Months of mental recovery for the things that they’d seen; a red-eyed man seemingly showing up out of nowhere and single-handedly beating or incapacitating armed men packed with enough heat to light up Christmas morning.

As Rex began to re-adjust to life outside the bars, however, he began to realize that he needed a new tactic. Whoever freed him from A-7 knew who he was and was attempting to make him follow his original task, and taking out low-brow thugs and two-bit criminals otherwise unrelated to the Church was the same as shooting a man in the appendages. He needed to find Nuckelavee. Problem was, he wasn’t sure where to start. Not to mention that he was still getting used to his abilities. Sure, his LV was more than high enough for him to hold his own, but with only one of his eyes glowing, he’d have trouble from more professional expertise like those from A-7.

Growing sick of the view, he stood up, went over to the bathroom. He opened one of the cabinets and pulled out an LV Bracelet, latching it on, pressing the black screen. The screen lit, immediately flicking through numbers, landing on an orange-red 28. He took it off, placing it back where it belonged and inspected himself in the grimy mirror.

He nearly forgot that superhumans had an accelerated recovery rate, having been decked in the face at least 5 times, and shot in the chest at least 3 times during his incursion, but the bruises healed just as Rex got back to the apartment, and the bullets were pushed out of his body easily enough for him to get each and dispose of them without a trace. He huffed, stepping out the bathroom, going back into the kitchen, raiding his cupboard for some instant cup noodles. This essentially was his daily routine; get up, go out and do some crackdowns, come back, check himself, and then laze around until something new comes up on his police scanner, which sat on the dining table. Not exactly much of a life, but it was not like he could do much about it.

Just as Rex finished his cup noodles, on cue, the police scanner went live, talking about a possible shootout in progress near the Purgos outskirts. It wasn’t far from Rex’s apartment, and would be easy to parkour to. He looked from the sofa to a clock on the wall. 6:22pm already. The male sighed, setting his half-empty noodles on the dining table as he grabbed his hooded jacket again, heading out the door.

“So much for ‘me’ time.” He muttered as he closed the door behind him.

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "Sounds like a solid plan to me." Danni wanted to get home as soon as possible and as soon as they could get on to this case, the sooner they could be done and over with this. She figured it wouldn't be cut and dry, but at least they could get a move on. She just hoped whatever she was doing wouldn't effect things in her personal life and she could figure out how to not get everyone killed with her lack of skills and know-how. "Let's get a move on."

~Smallish TimeSkip: Police Station where Jaycob works~

Police stattions to Danni gave her a weird vibe. She didn't like them. She knew they were just people trying to help out the public, but she never felt safe about it. Not with what happened in her childhood. Visiting jail was nervewracking to say the least and she only done that once or twice, and a police station was different than that, but she always felt like she had to watch herself like she would get in trouble for just breathing. She fiddled with her bracelet and made sure her gloves were on tight before she took out the note and handed it over to Jaycob. "So... first names of his friends.... Unless we can somehow find some last names to tie into them as well."

Suddenly a radio went off on someone's desk which made Danni jump. "10-71, 10-71. We need all available units to the Purgos outskirts. All available units to the Purgos outskirts." The station came alive and police officers on duty put on their hats, jackets, gun belts, and started to head out. "W-what's going on?" Danni asked worriedly, looking up at Jaycob.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

Arriving at the police station Jaycob sat at his computer starting to rapidly type things into the computer trying to figure out if there was any information on friends of Rex. Perhaps between the information they had received during their briefing, and what was on file they could track down someone to at the very least start questioning. The entire thing though was vague and just a shot in the dark, even Jaycob with his vast computer skills didn't know if he could do anything here. That being said he wasn't about to express that to anyone else, instead he put on a cocky smile and cracked his knuckles. "Just watch this." He stated confidently before suddenly alarms started to go off.

"There is a shoot out. I should be there in case it escalates too much. Lets go. We can get back to this later." Jaycob stated to the others as he made sure that he had his own gun and badge on him before setting up a scan and running off towards his car, his police car instead of his casual one. "Perhaps some action will help clear our minds a bit, look at things from a better angle." Jaycob continued to suggest as he ran to the door.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "Are you sure that we should be tagging along with you to a shootout?" Zeke had no qualms when they entered the police station as at least they shouldn't have anything on him given how quiet of a life he tried to live. A shootout, on the other hand, taking them to a shootout was more on the concerning side of the spectrum. But with Jaycob moving out the door alongside the other officers that happened to be here, their choice was essentially made for them. The thought of just staying behind and fiddling with things in order to see what he could find himself, but that quite possibly was a crime. Something he did not have the time for right now, prompting Zeke to follow behind out the door.