Support Solved Incompatible Program Message

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Lately, but not every time, just sometimes, when Roxio is processing videos, my color scheme changes to Windows 7 Basic (I use Aero), sometimes without the message even popping up. There is no way I can change it back to Aero, but when the video is done processing and I close Roxio, it fixes itself.

It's not really a big deal, I'm just curious as to what could be causing it. Additionally, even more lately, but, again, not every time, when my color scheme changes to Windows 7 Basic, I'll get some error regarding Microsoft, but I can't remember what it is. I'll try to get a screenshot of that the next time it happens.

upload_2015-1-2_15-49-14.png

2. Misty gimme kiss

Processing video will use both the GPU and the CPU; to conserve resources, it switches the Windows scheme to something less graphically demanding and dedicates more of your system resources to the video. This is typical Windows behavior.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ah, that's kinda what I figured. It just puzzled me a bit because it only happened sometimes. I guess the times it does happen, it's likely because there are more resources than usual being used or something.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

In light of the other thread you put up about your CPU cooler I think I can fill in the gap here. When Windows is running low on resources it will automatically turn off some of the more superficial processes (notably Aero) to keep things running smoothly. Once resources are freed up it will turn them back on. This has only happened recently to you because the CPU was acting slower to reduce the heat buildup.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Recently, yeah. The issue in this thread had only been going on for about a month, so maybe the fan didn't die as soon as I thought in the other thread (though with the way it was spinning, it was pretty useless and there's no way it was spinning fast enough to move the heated air up to the power supply to be blown out by the power supply fan, but maybe it was -- I dunno).

Edit: Probably what you just mentioned was the reason.

6. Misty gimme kiss

If your CPU cooler isn't working that is something that you should consider fixing asap. A new cooler is substantially cheaper than a new CPU and yours will burn out soon.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

We actually got the cooling unit replaced during lunch. :)

Processing performance seems better. A 48-minute video took only 15-20 minutes to process, whereas it was taking about an hour before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.