Support iphone - "no service"

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 61, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 61 No. B

Today my phone started doing this thing where it doesn't give me service. ("Searching..." ... "No Service") I haven't had this problem in the year and a half that I've had it. It started after I was changing the setting for something. I went back to what I thought could have been the source of the problem, but no luck, it's still there.

Anyway,

All indicators are pointing to restoring or updating the iOS, two things I have been avoiding like the plague.

I just wanted to see if anybody else here had any ideas before I take the plunge.

- thanks

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

If it's a problem with the firmware needing updated, there isn't much you can do. I'd just update the iOS, in my opinion. You could try a restore of the current firmware version.

I'd say though, updating might help. Then again it could just be a malfunction with your iPhones hardware, or a problem with your service provider.

This probably isn't the case, but I'd check to make sure "airplane" mode isn't on.

I don't really have much experience with iPhones, these are just guesstimations on my part. Hope any of this helped.

3. 61 No. B

I updated the os.
    It wasn't what I wanted to do, but it did fix the problem.
    It's not as terrible as I thought, I actually somewhat like it, and I don't miss the jailbreak enough to go through the trouble of getting it again, especially since that was most likely was causing the problem, and other problems I have been having for the past year and a half.

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Honestly, imo, jailbreaking is only useful for testing your own apps (ones that haven't been "approved" by apple/iTunes). It's not really that special. The greatest thing you can do with it anymore is customize graphics and add a percent to your battery level. The best thing to do would be sticking with the free apps from the iTunes store.

Also, I don't know if the jailbreak would/should have been causing problems. Glad to hear it's fixed anyhow ^^

5. 61 No. B

Actually it adds a lot of functionality, whichat first are very enticing, such as Safari Uploader and Downloader, biteSMS, 3G Unrestrictor, Activator, etc, but the trade off of an unstable lagging phone for some extra functionality is something I grew tired of after a while, and many of them are not necessary when you have a computer, which I do. It was fun at first, but after a while it became a hassle to maintain. I can't tell you how many times I had to go into File to delete a a file that was causing issues with whatever.
    So yeah, fun while it lasted, but it was time to move on and wasn't worth it anymore.

this could probably be closed now.

6. Jayn

/locked.

Please don't necrobump threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.