Kingdom Hearts II Is anti-form bad?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Cherry Pie Pwns, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

I've played KH2 about 3 times though and I just started a new game about two weeks ago. In my three other games, I never really turned into anti-form except once or twice, but this time though, it seems like I'm turning into in constantly whenever I use my Drives. Is this bad? Is it because I'm playing in Proud Mode? (BTW this is the first time I'm playing though in Proud Mode.) Please tell me!

2. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

Well.. It isn't bad or anything, it's just annoying -_- the looks of Anti-form are cool in my opinion, but that's it. The way you move, the attacks and stuff.. all irritating..

3. zexykupo Gummi Ship Junkie

Somewhere dark... Where I can be alone...
    In boss battles? Yes, definitely.
    Otherwise it's not that bad.

4. Cherry Pie Pwns Gummi Ship Junkie

Thanks a lot. I just thought that it might eat away at your exp or something nasty like that.

5. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Nah it's a random (well there's a percentage each time you transform to a certain drive, but i can't be bothered getting my chart) chance that you'll turn into anti-form, for anything other than a boss it's a right pain, but really it's just a side effect to too much driving.

also proud mode = higher chance of it happening than normal/easy mode.

6. Arc Kingdom Keeper

Anti-Form is personally my favorite, if you use it right, its the most powerful form hands down, you just gotta be careful in it.

Anti Form

- You turn into a Heartless like form but remain looking like Sora
    - You lose your Keyblades and you fight with claws just like a Heartless would
    - This form appears when you drive a lot
    - Strength increases
    - You attack so fast and in large combos that the damage is great
    - "Attack" is the only option on the command menu
    - The Drive Gauge runs out quicker

7. Azure Flame Banned

You can never go Anti while driving into Final. It's like they are opposites.

8. Styx That's me inside your head.

It's only annoying in boss fights really (and particularly Org.XIII battles; I heard there's a higher probability of driving into Anti form when you face them). Other than that, it's a pretty cool form really. Too bad you can't select it at will.

9. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Anti form is kh2's way of saying that you've been driving too much. Unless you have final form, to get rid of Anti form either
    A. Die in Anti form (this resets the counter)
    B. Way until Sora automatically reverts from Anti

Personally, I love Anti Form its the most challenging but its fun to use.

10. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I found that in the Saïx battle, while he is berserk, it's almost better to be anti-form, since you move much quicker than normal, and you can avoid most of Saïx's rampage. The Xigbar battle is harder with anti, since you can't use reaction commands (I think), same with the Xaldin battle.

11. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Double damage to you and you lose Drive when you pick up Dive Orbs. I like it in boss battles because Anti-form is really ment for only one enemy attacks. It suingles out one and goes besrk. Thats why I like Anti-form. So, yes, I do like Anti-form, but only in boss battles. It saved me so many times.

12. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Anti- Form is rather annoying than anything else, you can't use magic or anything with it, or heal. It's all mindless(lol) offense, which does get annoying because you have no defense unless you glide yourself out of it...

13. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Depends on the situation. Could make ya or break ya.

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Another cool thing to lok for in anti is that it also has amovment ability like the rest of the forms (I don't want to call it growth since it's non trainable) but if you press square while in antiform you pull off a glide like move. one of the nice things about it is that it "locks-on" to a location (targeted enemy in combat and a distance ahead of you in free roam). This is helpful while evading / singling out enemies. shame it's not true growth though, it would be awesome to see upgrades on it.

15. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

Anti-form isn't bad as long as you don't get it during a boss fight. Then it's bad.

16. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

That always seems to happen to me. :mellow:

Anti-form has pros and cons. The attacks quite strong, but you can't use items or magic. And you can't revert unless your drive gauge runs out or you can make it to a different area.

17. Xe54 Kingdom Keeper

I used it in a boss fight and kicked Demyx's ass. Yeah, I almost died.

18. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

When you're in a boss fight with anti-form, it's better to just dodge attacks and/or run away (i.e., run around in circles).

19. saxoR_vs_aroS Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm playing Xigbar in proud and every time i drive i go anti. dying doesnt help.... what do i do?

20. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Yeah, the happened to me a lot, especially in Proud mode.
    Keep running along the sides until you revert back. It makes it hard for him to hit you.