Kingdom Hearts II Is anti-form bad?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Cherry Pie Pwns, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jin うごかないで

It's honestly great to see Sora jumping around and even using his fists but as a whole..no. It basically turns sora into a pure instinct animal to be honest which is annoying for the most part. if this mode could use Items then I would be more than happy to use it all the time but the worst was when I used to get that form when fighting xigbar. it used to be so annoying but for the most part it's fine

2. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Basically, Sora's Antiform is a bit of a rare mechanic in the game. You can't really figure out Sora's moves in this form, as his battle style is a bit unpredictable. He is more or less handy in most battle situations. I typically think of it more of "Last Resort" mechanic (Compared to Final Form), considering that you are unable to gain HP Orbs, EXP points, or preform reaction commands, and the fact that you lose more health in this form. If you know how handle this form, you would not only be a more formidable opponent, the enemy will be less likely to peg you.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I swear that although the combos are longer, each hit does very little damage so it's basically the same as hitting someone once or twice with the keyblade. I do like how he moves as he is hard to hit and he's erratic and fast paced but there is no way of healing or reverting and it makes your drive gauge run out completely which always annoyed me when I was trying to level up my drives because then I would have to work at getting them back so I can use drives again.

I think it has higher percentages in boss battles and decreases to almost impossible when you get final form.

4. Jin うごかないで

Well no there's an invisible point counter in game that basically shows the chances of getting antiform. You don't have a chance when driving INTO final form to become Antiform it also decreases chances of driving into antiform later in the game. Final form decreases the point counter every time you drive into final form where as valor and master I believe increase it I don't remember if Wisdom adds to that count as well

5. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

I quite find the Anti-form really cool, but a a bit useless.
    It's really awesome do all the moves and combos, but you don't gain any orbs or exp, and can't heal yourself, so it's really painful.

6. Antidote Façade

I personally like anti-form. It's cool seeing Sora darting around the place and it speeds up most normal battles. I find it good for tanking crowds of normal enemies so I don't mind it.

7. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I agree the moveset maybe flashy and quick but form has too many downsides in my opinion. Limit Form all the way.

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

1. Cant get out of it
    2. Can't heal or use magic
    3. Can't go into pause menu
    4. No EXP
    5. Once it runs out your drive points go back a 0

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Personally, every single time I played Kingdom Hearts 2 after I first got the Anti Form, that's all I wanted. I was young so I didn't really know it was random, I just kind of thought I pressed a bunch of buttons when picking a drive form and it just happened XD. I hoped for it so much, it was like the coolest thing ever.

I guess now looking at it from an older perceptive, it could sort of be a tad irritating. The last time I played Kingdom Hearts 2 was when I was like 8, so when the ReMIX comes out I'll have a better opinion

10. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Technically speaking, Antiform is the "Special" form that is always rare to see in a normal battle, but see it more often in a boss battle. Unless any of you seen the conditions to activate Antiform, the system is biased around one thing. In reality, Antiform is abuse of the drive forms. Anybody can get into Valor Form easily and just spam it whenever the drive gauge reaches 3.

I think the developers input Antiform as a bit of a "punishment" form for those (including me) who abuse the drive systems.

11. Jin うごかないで

It's still under a point meter though that isn't visible in the game. the percentage is 10% higher than normal battles when in boss battles. but when in normal battles you can raise the percentage by repeatedly driving into valour and master form wisdom and final decrease the chance meter where as valor gives more point and master gives fewer but still adds to the chance meter.

12. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

Guys, tehre1s any way to activate the anti-form outside a battle? Because I only activated it during battles.

13. Jin うごかないで

Yeah. If your percentage is high enough you'll get it if you use valor often enough using valor more than anything gives you a higher chance of turning into antiform only other way to do it is through codes.

14. theman47 Moogle Assistant

anti form sucks especialyy when your on a boss fight and it messes you up
    but it looks really cool to me to see sora like that

15. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

personally it is annoying but i still use it in a battle plus it looks so cool

16. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

Allow me doctor

"This counter is increased by 1 every time Valor, Wisdom, Master or Limit Form is activated, but is reduced by 10 when Final Form is used. Gameplay-wise, the Anti Form exists as a consequence of abusing the Drive system, and is meant to be "strong but troublesome".

However, the counter system is ignored while the Two Become One Keyblade is equipped, as its Light & Dark ability will make it so only Anti Form or Final Form activate when Form is used. Anti Form starts at having a 75% chance of being the activated form when Form is used in this state, but goes down to 50% and then 0%, until Final Form is obtained."

17. Sokhu Merlin's Housekeeper

I actually love the Anti-Form, it's my favourite.
    The reason is that because of the moves [ that so many people find annoying ]. It's toderly unpredictable and cool [ kind of like Rock Lee in Naruto, when he drinks alcohol and fights against Kimimaro ]. It's not really a style of fighting, it's more instinctive, fast and offensive. With nice moves.

I actually was so happy everytime I got the Anti-form haha

18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Not all boss battles give the x10 modifier, just the Armored Xemnas one. Fighting any Org member is x5, other battles have x2 modifiers or x0 modifiers. It really depends on the battle. Using any form but Final gives you one invisible point and having 10 or more of these gives you a 25% chance to hit Antiform on your next Drive. Less than 4 points has a 0% chance of Antiforming and between those is 10%. Source.

Personally, I would like the Antiform, but I never end up using it. I don't Drive too often.

19. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Anti form isn't bad at all, except in boss battles in my opinion. Once the boss recovers from its stun time, it's back to playing cat and mouse until you find that opening again...

20. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Anti-form was a bit hit and miss for me. I loved the fighting style animations but it just felt a little too 'messy'.