Kingdom Hearts II Is anti-form bad?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Cherry Pie Pwns, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I know what you mean. The wonky hitboxes, the mediocre tracking, the way he zips around while localized to a single target... It all adds up to "That was cool but it didn't do s██t." Plus it doesn't have much in the way of techniques or abilities, so even the spectacle wears off after a while.

2. Glen Returned from the dead

It makes you look like an absolute boss, so you gain intimidation factor!

Also, your attacks become faster and more vicious and seem to do more damage in general, but you take more damage yourself. It really is a glass cannon form, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

3. Labrys King's Apprentice

It's not that it's bad, it's because the form itself is the exact opposite of Sora's main attribute, so it's much harder to control. Not only that, but plus Sora is using his weakness as a form of strength, so of course it'll be much harder to control, and put Sora at a more venerable state. But the strength that it gives makes the form more worth using.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  4. .Haru Merlin's Housekeeper

Antiform is risk/reward. You are extremly fragile and ur movepattern is strange, but the attacks hit hard and fast. I won 1-2 Bossbattles in Antiform. And after 5 Playtroughs i decided to cheat it into my Driveform.

5. vicen92 Moogle Assistant

From what I've read you get a chance to turn into anti-form whenever you drive into valor, wisdom, limit and master AND you are in-battle this chance depends on a hidden counter that increases every time you succesfully drive into any of this forms.

- +1 point for driving succesfully
    - -4 points when driving into anti form
    - -10 points whenever you drive into final form

- 0 points = 0% chance
    - 1-4 = 10%
    - 5-9 = 25%
    - 10+ = 40%

There are situations like certain specific battles where your chance is 0 by default and others where your chances are increased. Also the Two Become One keyblade's skill Light and Darkness tells you it has a hidden power , this power forbids you from driving into any form except for anti-form or final form, so if you purposely want to drive into anti-form just equip it and try driving into anything that's not final form.

I don't remember exactly where I read this but it was one of the multiple wiki-like pages of KH for sure

6. CursedKeyblade1 Destiny Islands Resident

Anti Form is the most useless and worthless form. You literally are pretty much guarenteed to die with it on Critical. You can't even pick up HP balls when in Anti, so that's why it sucks. Not only that but you only have 1 FINISHER JUST 1. And if you miss, you're probably going to die. When you fight Data's and Terra or any other "super bosses" for that matter and want to beat them, you will learn that Anti Form is a absolute abomination.[DOUBLEPOST=1418179005][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's probably the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Try Final Form and Firaga. That's arguably the greatest attack in the entire game. Even Limit Form Zantetsuken is signifcantly stronger. Not to mention, you have 1 finisher to even use to kill a boss and there is no way of healing when you get hit. Oh and the absolute worst part is you have 0 drive after it goes away.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Fun fact: If you go into a form outside of battle you will never go anti or get a point.

Don't know if I said this before.

8. Explode Who?!

Didn't know that you didn't get a point from it either. So there's basically no downside.

I always thought it was a cool form in spite of being pretty bad. Though once I realized you don't even gain experience points in Anti-Form, the cool factor wasn't enough of a silver lining anymore.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, it's a cool for when you WANT to use it but when you don't it's the worst thing ever. Especially in boss battles.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm fairly certain you do get a point for using a drive when Anti is disabled. I remember before the point system was confirmed someone was testing if damage received was the trigger. They used Valor a ton of times outside of battle (not realizing that was needed), then used it in battle to purposefully get wailed on. Once he started using it in battle he went anti pretty much every other time because he had so many points to burn.

Also worth noting on Anti avoidance is that it is a two person drive,. If a party member is KOed, or not present at all, then you can't go anti even in battle. It makes for some nice Limit training in the thousand heartless battle.

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Eh, Anti-Form itself sucks, but it's a representation of Sora's body and how it was recreated from the heartless he turned into.

12. CursedKeyblade1 Destiny Islands Resident

I can confirm this. I was trying to get Final the other day and with the Roxas Keyblade, I would always turn into the form I picked and nothing else. So once I stepped into battle, I got anti and eventually Final Form.