Kingdom Hearts II Is the Ultima Weapon really worth the trouble????

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by SonGoku, Oct 31, 2011.

1. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

I know how to get it, but even with the MP Hastega ability, should I even attempt to get it? And if I do obtain it, how will it help me? Can I still have good ATK power?

2. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Eeehhhh......

With all the trouble of getting the materials.... No.

The Orichalum that is given to you by the moogles for getting all existing materials is extremely hard to get (for me at least).

I'm still searching for all the materials.

3. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

Hmmm, ok, you know by equipting the Lucky Lucky weapons and abilities getting all then sythesis items are easy.
    Buut, at the same time I want all the keyblades....

Really? Well I could use it against Sephiroth right?

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, not really, no. It's not really worth the time, unless you just want to know that you got it.

Just the time it takes to get the materials is enough of a pain, and because you can only get the final Orichalcum+ after the Xemnas fight, you can only really have a use for it during the final fight

And having the 7 Lucky Lucky's don't make it any more fun. I have all of the skills and items on, and it still took me a while to get the final materials

5. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

[​IMG]

TOTALLY! IT Is the best weapon in the game, the attack power is very high(and so is magic), it is the longest weapon in all the game, i know its a b!tch having to collect ALL materials, but this key will be of essence to you in the future, not to mention you CANNOT beat sephiroth with out it :x

strength +6

magic +4

"The Keyblade above all others, holding all power and will increase MP restoration rate, once all MP has been consumed."

Orichalcum: Obtain a total of 1000 materials; obtain 45 different materials types; chest at the Kanga's House; chest at The Spooky Cave; chest at the Throne Room; chest at the Ship Graveyard: Seadrift Keep; chest at the Underground Concourse; chest at the Tunnelway; chest at the Mansion: Library; chest at the Fragment Crossing; chest at the Nothing's Call; chest at the Naught's Skyway; chest at the Ruin and Creation's Passage.

Orichalcum+: Obtain all material types; complete the Starry Hill Torn Page; complete the "A New Day is Dawning" musical; win the Goddess of Fate Cup; chest at the Central Computer Mesa; chest at the Sunset Terrace; chest at The Brink of Despair.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

What are you talking about? You can easily defeat Sephiroth without it. I've always used oblivion, and it works just fine

7. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

what mode exactly?

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

any of them. I've beaten him in all modes using Oblivion. It's not essential to have any certain keyblade to beat Sephiroth.

9. Llave Superless Moderator

It's worth it, if you like to collect the little things. It is a good keyblade, there is a reason why it's called the Ultima Weapon.

It's kind of like getting a golden chocobo by breeding in FFVII. It's not necessary, but you can get the feeling of accomplishment by collecting everything and getting something exceedingly rare in the game.

10. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Not just Oblivion, I defeated him last time with my Kingdom Key on Proud Mode (but with Level 99). Actually, I never equip any Keyblade besides the Kingdom Key. It's a goal I have accomplished in Proud Mode too. It doesn't matter, if you are good in Kingdom Hearts, you can defeat any boss on level 1 with no armors/accessories/items (A sad thing is that in Kingdom Hearts II you can't change your level like Re: Coded).

Also, if you're a Kingdom Hearts addict and want everything 100% (like myself xD) you have to get Ultima Weapon. And more: Ultima Weapon is the most powerful Keyblade, if you have trouble fighting with some Heartless/Nobodies it will make battles easier.

For last, you can use items that upgrade your attack (I don't remember the name of that item, but I can recall that the first time you can have it is in Olympics Coliseum).

11. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

well only if you get on lv 99 i beat him on levl 70-something with the ultima, and even besides that i still think its worth it :x

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

not really. Why does everyone think you have to be level 99 to beat him on Proud Mode? I beat him at like lv74 or 75.

@Anti Sora I did that once too. I didn't use any keyblade except for the kingdom key. In fact, I might just do that with the file I just started, since I haven't played any since I got past Roxas

13. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

OHMAGOSH

the game becomes in general easier, and it gives me pleasure to have the best item in the game.

14. Llave Superless Moderator

Yeah, it doesn't entail absolute victory, it's just a cool keyblade really. If you want to get it, that's good, if not, then don't bother getting it. I personally would, just to say I did.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

Like everyone else has said, its not really necessary, but it will make things easier.
    I personally liked it, as well as Donald and Goofy's ultimate weapons, and I went and got them as soon as I could.

However, if I recall correctly, I didn't have Ultima Weapon when I defeated Sephiroth, so it is possible to beat him without it.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well yeah it's possible. I've only gotten the Ultima Weapon once from all kingdom hearts games, and that was my last file on KHII, and even then, I had technically already beat him before hand, but I saved before the fight, so I could show my friend the Sephiroth fight. I just got the Ultima Weapon while I was wasting time

17. Llave Superless Moderator

Here here. I didn't use Ultima when I fought Sephiroth, but I got it when I started to 100% the journal. It's nice to have though, because it is really cool looking, and the stats weren't too shabby.

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I was actually kinda disappointed after using it. I mean, it's stats were 1 point higher for Attack than Oblivion, not too mention, it didn't make much of a different. Now I know why I like Oathkeeper and Oblivion way better than Ultima Weapon. I just hope if I actually try to get it in Kingdom Hearts it is worth it, compared to KHII

19. Llave Superless Moderator

If I'm not mistaken, each keyblade changes your combo style a tad. Oblivion is kind of "hard swings", but not as many combo attacks. Ultima seemed smoother in terms of battling, so I think it is worth getting.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Doesn't do anything to your combo. But it does reduce your MP by one or whatever.
    I know Fenrir lowers your combo by one, but that's it