Kingdom Hearts II Just some Kingdom Hearts fun facts

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Bond of Flame, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shizzy Gummi Ship Junkie

Well, that certainly occupied me. Thanks for sharing!

2. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

Here is a pic for ya :P Took it just to show off her cute tear for ya.

[​IMG]

3. Finale Wannabe Nobody

oh wow...my bad

4. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

Maybe from Rinoa. No seriously, it's been stated on the internet. And what can you trust more than the internet, huh?

5. dgraymanxxx Merlin's Housekeeper

Wow! A lot of these I already knew about but I learned a whole bunch more! Thanks for sharing. Real eye-opener.

6. ronnoc55 Destiny Islands Resident

That explains a lot

7. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

interesting. Thanks for sharing.

8. Misty gimme kiss

I have a few.

> Kingdom Hearts was the last game made before the Square-Enix merger.

> Ariel was originally meant to be a Princess of Heart, but in order for her to be captured by Maleficent, the story portion of Ursula giving her legs would have had to take place first. It was already too late in production to add this, so the producers chose Alice as a Princess of Heart, which garnered fan outrage, due to not staying true to the Disney Princesses.

> The idea for this game came about when producer Shinji Hashimoto met with a Disney executive in an elevator; Square and Disney had previously worked in the same building in Japan.

> Tifa from Final Fantasy VII was supposed to be an optional boss in this game but had to be taken out due to time constraints. She was later added to Kingdom Hearts II as a more developed character.

> The original reason to include the character of Chicken Little as a summoning was to promote the movie in Japan.

> All of the Final Fantasy VII character voices are the same actors from the Advent Children movie, with the exception of Yuffie, who was played by Christy Carlson Romano in the movie, but was played by Mae Whitman in the game. On a similar note, Yuna, Rikku, and Paine are voiced by the same actresses as their respective game(s).

> Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was the last project in which Wayne Allwine provided the voice of Mickey Mouse.

> In Chain of Memories, 100 Acre Wood is the only world that was not visited by Riku that Sora had visited.

> In the Secret Ansem Reports, Ansem refers to Naminé as 'the most fleeting of shadows'.

> Early in the game, Sora is challenged by Leon. Not only is the second battle that you can pass through without defeating your enemy, but even if you do defeat Leon Sora will pass out from exhaustion and Leon will simply stand up and speak to Yuffie. The only prize you get for defeating Leon is a an elixir before you leave Traverse Town.

> The word 'traverse' can mean 'to travel across.' This has a connection to the town's purpose, as no one actually chooses to live in Traverse Town -- they simply get stuck there when their world disappears.

> In Kingdom Hearts II, Sephiroth has 15 health bars.

> At the start of the game, after Kairi wakes Sora up on the shore of Destiny Islands, Riku tosses the log he was carrying on the ground. In the next shot the log is missing.

> During the fight with Sephiroth, the player can notice that Sephiroth is right handed. (he holds his sword in a right handed position, and swings with his right hand). In all other appearances (Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts II, Advent Children, etc.) Sephiroth is left handed.

> When you investigate the seven wonders of Twilight Town as Roxas, the word 'bag' is misspelled after you let the dog out of the bag.

> Right before you play the "1,000 Heartless Challenge", there is a cut scene in which Mickey runs after Xemnas, leaving Sora, Goofy, and Donald behind. The trio is then surrounded by Heartless. There is a shot of Sora, who looks over his shoulder at Donald and Goofy. The shot then changes to Sora again, who runs to attack the Heartless. In these scenes, each character has their most basic weapons they start with in the beginning of the game.

> When you go and talk to Sephiroth for the optional fight, Donald and Goofy are there in the cut-scene, however, when the fight starts, the two of them are now absent without any explanation at all.

> When Kairi and Sora finally meet again, Kairi hugs Sora. In the first shot, Kairi's arms are over Sora's. However, in the next shot, her arms are under his.

> In Kingdom Hearts, there are three different versions of Kairi's theme (Kairi, Kairi II, Kairi II). They all have the same melody, however they are played by different instruments.

> In Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, there is a boss fight with Xemnas (however he remains hooded.) This was added to boost player's anticipation for the sequel.

> In a part of Kingdom Hearts II, which has become infamous among the Kingdom Hearts fanbase, Kairi's underwear is made visible if Sora goes into first-person view and stares down. Kairi's underwear actually has a small design on it... so this may have been intentional.

9. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Awesome! So much trivia!

I guess that means he got owned by Sephiroth, Roxas, Terra, and all Data Battles...

Here's a little contribution on my behalf :

- The Organization Members that died in CoM were intended to be fightable in KH2, in the Coliseum. So was Roxas' battle. However, time constranits forced Nomura not to include the battles.

- In KH2FM, the last rooms of the Caverns of Remembrance look mysteriously like the rooms of Castle Oblivion.

- It is unknown what happened to Castle Oblivion.

- Someone had pointed this out, but I forget who. How can you have salted ice-cream? Shouldn't the salt melt the ice cream?

- Terra, Aqua, and Ven's Keyblades apparently have no Keychains, leading to speculation as to how their Keyblades may be fake. Master Xehanort's Keyblade does have a chain.

- Ven holds his Keyblade backwards. It's also curved, and only has half of the handle, thus it was specifically designed for his fighting style.

- In the secret ending of KH2FM, Ven is left-handed. In the promo videos of BBS, Ven is right-handed.

- When Sora fights Xemnas at Memory's Contortion, his Facedown Reaction Command re-enacts the Deep Dive showdown between Roxas and Riku.

- In the final battle, it's game over if Riku dies, but he's invincible during most of the fight. He can only be killed during the segment where he must save Sora, and during the final scene, with the countless lasers. In the actual battle, Riku's HP can never drop to 0, no matter how hard or often Xemnas hits him.

- Final Xemans has a move where he uses magic to slash horizontally, and another move where he uses his swords to slash vertically. Oddly enough, the seemingly magical attack can be Guarded, but not the physical sword attack.

- When Lexaeus does his Desperation Move in KH2FM, despite crashing down with tremendous force, his attack can easily be negated with a simple Guard. This makes little sense, considering Lexaeus' strength should surpass by far Sora's guarding strength.

- In KH2FM, Larxene and Marluxia seem to have two Desperation Moves. Larxene seems to use a different attack, depending on whether she's cloned or not. Marluxia apparently uses both randomly.

- In KH1FM, Sora had an attack named Zantetsuken. Despite having a chance of instantly killing Heartless, the attack itself did very small damage, and was useless against bosses. In KH2FM, the attack is also useable, only this time it's the strongest attack in the game, by far.

- Nomura stated that Sora's fighting style changed from KH1 to KH2 in order to reflect his maturity. Sora indeed fights in more coordinated fashion, in the second game.

- In KH2, Zexion's tomb in the Proof of Existence is shown destroyed. This is because he had died in CoM without actually showing his weapon. This, however, led to speculation that Zexion is still alive.

- In Latin, Terra means Earth, Aqua means Water, and Ventus means Wind. In Japanese, Riku means Land, Kairi means Sea, and Sora means Sky. This shows a possible connection between the BBS characters and Sora, Kairi and Riku.

- All KH games (with the possible exception of 358/2 Days ; can anyone check?) are very restrictive with attacks that do no hit anything. It's impossible to do more than one hit unless hitting an enemy. KH2FM , however, features the ability Combo Master, which allows Sora to combo the air at will.

- There is a lot of Crown symbolic associated with Sora. The negative space of Kingdom Key's head is actually a crown. Sora's necklace also has the shape of a crown. Also, in KH2FM, completing certain challenges causes Sora to permanently have a crown on his head. The crown can be either of bronze, silver, or gold, depending on the number of challenges completed.

- In Re:Com, in the scene where Larxene "reminds" Sora of Naminé’s charm, Sora is on the ground for some time. While this happens, his necklace hangs down... into the floor.

- Xigbar, Saix, and Axel all have permanent marks on their face. Xigbar has a scar on his cheek, Saix has an X-shaped scar between his eyes, and Axel has tattoos looking like tears.

- In KH2, after defeating Roxas, it is possible to unlock Final Form. Many of Sora's moves in Final Form are reminiscent of Roxas' attacks. This might be a hint of how Roxas merged with Sora, making him stronger.

- Sora's Master Form only has aerial attacks. Mickey is the one who gave Sora his Master Form, and Mickey also happens to use only aerial attacks.

- In KH2FM, Sora can use a new Form, Limit Form. This Form uses a lot of elements from the first game. It features Sora's clothes from KH2, but with the colors of KH1, as well as many attacks from KH1 and KH1FM.

10. Sorainthought Merlin's Housekeeper

Sora as a troll...not the best idea. It really doesn`t look like a good character.

11. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

I'M BACK!

Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush were unable to reprise their roles from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl for the scenes in the world based on that film, because they were busy filming Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Atlantica is actually a mini-game instead of an actual level in Kingdom Hearts II.

The password to Tron's DTD is: Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Alice, Kairi, which is the Seven Princesses of Heart used to open the Door to Darkness.

Save The Queen and Save The King are the only two ultimate weapons that can be upgraded.

It isn't much, but I will keep searching, or come up with some myself after playing Kingdom Hearts II again!

12. ◄Slip► 1st Class Coder

Thats alot of fun facts 0.0;

13. Finale Wannabe Nobody

You lie D:<

He laughed while talking to Hayner, Pence and Olette in data TT.
    He still laughed.

14. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

That wasn't me who posted that fact, Emblendered did!

15. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

I didnt find that moment by looking up quickly, but Dantheman can remove it since in 358/2 Days Roxas laughed too I think.

You can add Roxas there since in the end of 358/2 Days Roxas cries when saying good bye to Xion.

16. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Number 19 of Emblendered's is actually true. Squaresoft had offices in the same building as a branch of Disney, and they sealed the deal in an elevator. It's in the original Playstation Magazine article on it. I'll get scans if you want proof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.