Just the least of my problems...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Birth By Sleep 13, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Birth By Sleep 13 Traverse Town Homebody

Stage fright is just the least of my problems, I have my step-sis livin' with me now and everything has turned into a living hell. Now she knows the guy I like and in the new school year she's gonna tell him. I listen to the weirdest music ever, everybody thinks I'm a freak because of the music I listen to. I get bullied because I have a learning disability so they call me stupid. People think I'm selfish and hopeless. So my life is very hectic and I wish I can get away from it but I can't.

My biggest problem would have to be the music because I listen to a band that I don't want anybody to know I listen to them cause the last time they found out, I freaked.

2. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

That used to be a problem of mine too. I used to hide who I was from everyone. Last year I came out of my shell big time, and now everyone accepts me for who I am! If people start giving you a hard time about listening to it, just say like, "Yeah, I listen to them, so what?" Don't let it bother you, just be yourself.

3. Shuhbooty moon child

x3

Honey, you shouldn't dwell on what people say to you. Just because you listen to different music then everybody else doesn't mean anything. You are just another human being with great tastes. You don't need to think about those other robots. x3

What's this band called anyways?
    And nobodies perfect. Everybody has flaws, and you are awesome. Everybody has these kinda problems. No worries.^^

4. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

People listen to different things, don't be ashamed of the music you listen to. =3 Blast it, crank the tunes. It doesn't matter at all what other people think about you or your music. Tell them that they're missing out on some great artists.
    And the idiotic people who call you "stupid" are the stupid ones.

5. Birth By Sleep 13 Traverse Town Homebody

I try not to dwell on what people say about me but every time they do, I hits me really bad.

I really think you don't wanna know the band cause I'm really crazy about them and their music is really good. And every time I listen to them, the lead vocal singer, My voice and his voice really mix.

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

Are you serious? People make fun of you for the music you listen to? Is it screamo or something? If it is, mostly every white (I'm not trying to be racist, so don't start fu*king bashing me because I'm stating information) kid in my school, with the exceptions of the posers, listens to screamo music. So whatever band you're listening to, there's probably a big chance a lot of other people like that bad too :\ I mean, if it's like the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montanna, that might be a little bit different...​

7. Birth By Sleep 13 Traverse Town Homebody

I used to listen to Hannah Montana (don't blame me,my younger step-sis got me into it) And what do you mean if its the Jonas Brothers or her, than it might me different?

8. Shuhbooty moon child

There's nothing wrong with Hanna Montana! D:
    There just some losers that think it's fun to do bad things to you. That's just wrong. I mean I'm in high School, and I listen to the Jonas Brothers, I mean come on, those people need to get shot. /:<

I'm dead serious.

9. Birth By Sleep 13 Traverse Town Homebody

Actually, Jonas Brothers is my favorite band of all time. Their music reaches out to me every time. They inspired me to start singing. Ok it wasn't all them, only one of them did..lol

10. Shuhbooty moon child

I love them too.
    They are inspiring, huh? x3

If you just think about the good things in life, school won't be much to you when you get older. x3

11. Dredica SNES was the best.

Because, people usually make fun of people that listen to main stream music, even if the people that are making fun of that person listens to main stream too, they still make fun of that person. So if you listen to main stream music like Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers, don't tell people, even Justin Timberlake makes fun of people who listen to the Jonas Brothers, well not directly, but here's his quote:

"Blessthefall is like the Jonas brothers,if JB were heavy, wrote their own songs and weren't ****** bags" - Justin Timberlake

blessthefall is my favorite band :)​

If there music reaches out to you, then you should so listen to two of Good Charlottes' songs: Hold on (wait a sec, didn't the Jonas Brothers write that song, with the same exact meaning behind it?) and SOS (wait a sec, didn't the Jonas Brothers write a song titled SOS too?). That's strange...​

12. scarred_heart634 Traverse Town Homebody

you should try not to think of what other people think of you. just be yourself. I know it is hard to not worry about what people think about you but once you get over what people tell you and what they think it gets a lot better. And if you like the music you listen to thats all that really matters.:)

13. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Having a crush know yoou like him/her isn't so bad.
    My friend asked this boy in our English class on MySpace "Do you like me?" and he didn't, but she didn't care!
    I came up to this really cute boy one day and said,"I like you," and he didn't like me back.
    Now I'm over him and he likes me.
    What kind of music, emo or something?
    I listen to emo music by all the weird artists!
    Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, From First to Last, Evanescence, etc., mainly because the other kinds of music(pop, country, rap) don't interest me.
    Are you dyslexic or something?
    My brother's friend has a learning disability, but it's not majour.
    None of this stuff is big enough to crap up your life.
    Don't worry about this stuff!

14. Repliku Chaser

The reason these kids pick on you in part is because you bother to let them get to you. There are undoubtedly some kids in there that listen to the Jonas Bros and Hannah Montana, despite how they tease you. They can lie all they want but I guarantee a few of them at least do not hate it as much as they are playing off because 'being cool' is more important to them than being 'real'.

This is where you can have the advantage. Be real. Don't be ashamed of what you like or dislike. You are you. Be an individual and gain strength from knowing that you aren't just following what others want. You'll discover sooner or later that you are not alone with your likes. There will always in school be idiots that will tease and make fun of others. If you have self esteem and confidence and are yourself, you'll just laugh at what they try to do and move on. It's not a big deal in the end if you know you are just being you and well, think about it. You have the edge because at least people when they talk to you know who you really are and you aren't some fake poser.

As for your sis telling the guy about you liking him... there's a saying that no one can love you like family but no one screws you over more than family too. Sometimes siblings, whether by blood or not, have this way of being brats. She's saying these things because you react to it so defensively. If you don't want her saying something, act less interested in what her threats are. Also, if you like the person, maybe you should try talking to him and getting to know him instead of letting your sister 'take charge' of the situation. You may fail but at least you will have tried and lived a little.

As for having a learning disability and people make fun of it, see the first paragraph. We are all made differently. I have dyslexia because when I was a kid I was forced to write with my right hand. It made learning sometimes very interesting. However, if you accept the disability and work with getting around it to the best of your ability, you will do better. In the end, sometimes you have to ignore what some people will say and focus more on bettering yourself to be the person you want to be. It is a serious fact of life and one that must be learned in order to be happy. We all have problems and short comings and it's best to work on making them better and at the same time finding the things we are good at to push those lines further too. Don't let others bring you down so much. If you can find the strength to just admit you have some problems and work on bettering them, these other people's voices won't mean squat. You have the right to listen to what you enjoy, to do things you have fun with and to progress in life. There will always be some others that will want to slow you down but in the end, these people have a serious shortcoming themselves. They waste their time teasing you instead of moving on with their own lives. It will cost them so don't let them get to you so much. I wish you luck and hope things get better for you. Have self-confidence. You can make it through this stuff.

15. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

This is just about the best thing i can think of is....transfer school.Theres no sugar coating.if your life is that bad than theres no point in hanging around. If you can't do that than do this...This step sister....if she's bothering you, shout her down and show her who's boss.Let out all your fraustation on her and show her what she has to lose by saying anything....about this band you like,thats your business and no one elses.Music is your thing and no one should interupt it if you don't want it....Get angrier more often so that if your bullied you just stand up and knock them down in a shouting match.You've got to show them that they can lose alot more by annoying you than annoying a shark....About the learning disability just say to the poeple who say stuff about that just say something like(i asume they use the "r" word) "Well i couldn't be the only r*tarded person here because all you can do is insult my disability.Your probably more r*tarded then i could ever be.Can i ask you,did you learn how to be that r*tarded or does it just come natural" and if they come up with something else just walk away and call them pathetic.

I wouldn't suggest aggression except in a case like this.They're doing this to you because they see you as just weak but you have to show them your not weak but a wolf,ready to rip their throats out the second they glance at you.Use the first piece of advice but if you can't use your aggression.