Justice Avengers: Heroes United!

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"A person -generally humanoid- with unique capabilities who is tasked -either by personal mission, special circumstances, or as an occupation- with combating crime, defending citizens, or protecting the Earth as a whole."

What it means to be a "superhero" is difficult to define. In fact, Earth has seen many different people dedicated to making the world a better place over the years. By extension, "supervillains" have risen to do harm to those who can't defend themselves. The world is no longer mundane; aliens, robots, mutants, demons, extra-dimensional threats and more have made Earth the center of a diverse universe. As such, superheroes and supervillains have emerged with various origins and abilities. The Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division -SHIELD, for short- was founded as humanity's defense against extraordinary threats. With programs on the front lines such as the GI Joe branch of the military, the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense, and -most recently- the Justice Avengers Initiative, SHIELD has become a globe-spanning defense organization composed of even more diverse and threat-specific organizations. SHIELD has backed Earth's defenders in protecting the planet against threats such as the Chitauri, Kryptonians, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Hydra, the Sinister Six, and even the Golden Army.

However, one of SHIELD's defunct defense programs -an advanced Artificial Intelligence named Ultron- was brought to life by terrorists using extraterrestrial technology. Spreading himself throughout countless bodies and harnessing technologies ranging from Hydra's weapons to mutant-hunting Sentinels, Ultron brought it upon himself to save the world...by destroying humanity. Fortunately, Ultron's plan to integrate himself into a new body was foiled by the Justice Avengers, giving birth to a new hero: Vision. Unfortunately, however, Ultron's mysterious endgame involving large amounts of Vibranium in the country of Latveria has not been stopped.

It is up to not just the Justice Avengers, but all kinds of heroes to stop Ultron and save humanity from extinction.

Justice Avengers
    Founded by SHIELD Director Nick Fury, the Justice Avengers Initiative was designed to bring together a group of remarkable people who could together do more to defend the world than any one person could do alone. If it wasn't for the Justice Avengers, Earth would have fallen to the Chitauri or the Kryptonians and it never would have been revealed that Hydra, a Nazi terrorist organization, had infiltrated SHIELD.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcements and Logistics Division
    An enormous umbrella organization comprised of several world defense organizations. Controlled by a board, but directed by Colonel Nick Fury (at least, publicly), SHIELD has a branch for virtually any type of threat: criminal, terrorism, supervillainy, paranormal, extraterrestrial, extradimensional, and so on. Though their main branch was infiltrated by Hydra, almost all of Hydra's elements have been flushed out. Due to its large size, various of its agents have experience in superheroics. Some of its smaller departments are ARGUS (the military branch of which the GI Joes are a part), the BPRD (the supernatural), and X-Force (mutant business).

X-Men

Led by Professor Charles Xavier, the X-Men are a team of mutants based out of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Though they have been the subject of extreme prejudice, they are responsible for saving the world on more than a single occasion. Some have even served with the Justice Avengers, as well as SHIELD/X-Force.

Hydra
    A terrorist organization with roots in Nazi Germany, Hydra was thought to be dismantled during World War II. However, it was splintered into many factions and had even infiltrated SHIELD. Though it was mostly flushed out out of the defense organization, Hydra has been on the rise -along with Cobra, its military division. Hydra's experimentation led to Ultron's current form.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

After being born from Hydra's machinations and Iron Man's hubris, the unstoppable AI Ultron recruited his own team from Hydra's resources to counter the Justice Avengers. Though his exact intent is unknown, it is obvious that he tends to destroy humanity out of some ill-conceived notion of protecting the planet. Part of his plan involved constructing a new body for himself, using a special stone to power it as well as Vibranium and the strange Nth Metal to compose it. Fortunately, thanks to the fearless Canary, the Justice Avengers were able to take the cradle holding his new body. Unfortunately, as the Flash sped the cradle to Iron Man at Justice Tower, Ultron took Canary prisoner. Meanwhile, Superman found himself facing one of Ultron's lackeys, Blue Beetle, while Batman and the assisting team of X-Men (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, and Quicksilver) fought the rest of Ultron's forces (Ranger VI, X-23, Scarlet Witch, Harley Quinn, and Deadpool), but the evildoers escaped while distracting the heroes with a derailed train. Batman, Quicksilver, and Rogue moved civilians out of the way while Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Superman stopped the train. Leaving the rest to make sure the civilians were all safe, Superman flew back to Justice Tower to regroup with Iron Man and report Canary's abduction.

Finding his thought-to-be "deceased" AI, J.A.R.V.I.S., Iron Man came up with the idea to integrate JARVIS into Ultron's new body to aid the Justice Avengers. Seeing the potential, Superman aided Iron Man with Kryptonian technology, even offering the Kryptonian computer, Brainiac, as a template.

When Batman and the X-Men arrived, Batman opposed building another AI and while the Justice Avengers argued, Quicksilver used his speed to dismantle the equipment. Attempting to help his teammates, Flash used his own speed to fix the equipment. The two speedsters raced back and forth, continuously dismantling and repairing the equipment in superspeed when Thor -who previously disappeared to an Asgardian well- arrived and used her powers to direct a bolt of lightning into the equipment, unknowingly directing Flash's Speed Force energy into it as well. Out of the cradle erupted a red and green synthezoid who immediately attacked Thor in confusion before stopping himself. Thus, the Vision was born. Now, the Justice Avengers struggle with what Vision is, whether or not to trust him, and what to do next.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    Location: Justice Tower, headquarters of the Justice Avengers (formerly Stark Tower)
    Characters: Avengers: Vision, Superman, Iron Man, Flash, Thor, Batman. X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Gambit, Quicksilver.​

"I'm sorry. That was...odd," the synthezoid stated, looking at Thor, "Thank you." All eyes remained on Vision as he synthesized a cape and gauntlet -matching Thor- as well covering his body with a green material.

Cyclops kept his hand on his visor, a twitch away from letting his beams escape. "What are you?" He asked. It must've been a reflex -he wasn't aware that he did it- but Cyclops slowly moved in front of his X-Men, taking point. "Ultron?" If that was true, though, why would Thor have helped this...thing?

"You think I'm a child of Ultron? I'm not," was the response. Turning to look at Stark, Vision continued, "I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I... am." He raised his hands to study them. Was this what it was like to have a body? To have a conversation with others? Was this what it was like to...be?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

"Well. If this ain't the most horror movie thing I see since I got 'ere, I dunno what is!" Rogue frowned. It... Was? That was it? It just... Was? We're they expected to believe it wouldn't kill them like Ultron wanted? What was their guarantee at all?

As if thinking the same thing, Pietro spoke. "What? Are we supposed to believe you aren't some freak like Ultron? He uploaded his conscience into you!" He turned to Iron Man, rather upset at the whole situation. "And you. You never learn, do you Stark? Wasn't enough that Ultron has my sister, now you go off and make something probably worse? This thing is supercharged with Thor's lightning! That's enough to make it powerful. More powerful than all of us combined." The speedster turned his back on the Justice Avengers and the X-Men, "I knew this was a bad idea. I'm leaving. I have to bring my sister home."

"Pietro, wait." said Jean Grey, one of Scott's X-Men, "I know it seems crazy, but... I can read this thing's thoughts. It's thinking. Not like a computer, but like a person. It's almost... Human." She turned towards the biomechanical construct. "Pardon the intrusion in your head, but... That was all I needed. Just to know if you truly were like Ultron or not. Jarvis, I- er... Whatever your name is... You have me convinced." Jean looked at Scott and the others pleadingly. She wouldn't be able to get into a machine's head. This... Thing was no machine. It wasn't human, but it was certainly not a machine. It... It was. It existed, and there was no way around that.

"Feh. I ain't convinced entirely. But whatever. If this thing's our best chance 'gainst Ultron, so be it." Rogue said, clearly annoyed.

Pietro crossed his arms and shook his head, reluctantly staying.

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Thor regained her composure somewhat and looked at the newly formed being before her!

"I have seen..." She paused for a moment to think on her words "I've gone to the pool of visions and I have seen that whatever stands before us holds the power of the Mind Stone." She waited to see if the realization had reached them. Because she still saw they held doubts, she moved forward, once again facing the newly born creature. In truth, she wasn't particularly sure of her words herself.

"Are you friend or Foe?" She asked in the most commanding tone she could muster. Other than that, her trusty Hammer was now thrown on the floor and she feared that being apart from it too long would make her powers vanish and her identity revealed, so her sight wandered to where the hammer was. If she could just reach the hammer, but she feared this Creature would try and attack if she acted rashly.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "That's it, I quit." Despite his words, Gambit remained where he was, cards in his hand. They were his favorite weapon..oh who the hell was he kidding, they were his security blanket. "So now we have something that is maybe kind of human, according to Miss Grey. My question is, what do we do now? We're missing more then a fair few of our own, and I don't think HYDRA would mind getting their hands on this."

6. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"The Mind Stone?" Superman crossed his arms as he eyed the newborn creature. "That name sounds familiar to me." Whatever it was would have to wait for when he had time to research it in the Fortress. "As interesting as this completed vision of yours is, Stark, we still have the matter of saving one of our own." He floated up several feet into the air and eyed Batman who made no response to his words but remained vigilant with his eyes trained on the synthezoid. He flew over to Thor and Stark's creation. Even though he had just aided in its creation, it troubled him just to watch the synthetic being move the same as another AI being he had battled once before, Brianiac. Now it too possessed an amalgamation of sinister technology and it was only Stark's reassurance that J.A.R.V.I.S.'s ethical programming would keep this thing in check. So far, it had made no further moves to attack them outside of one outburst against Thor.

"If you are not Ultron then you will assist us in stopping him, correct?" The Man of Steel's eyes flashed red for a brief instant. "I don't want to regret allowing you to live."

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]

Slowly taking his hand away from his visor, Cyclops took a step towards Vision and started to circle the being. "Mind stone, huh?" He let the information sink in, making a note to ask the Professor something in the future. "So what's the plan? With this...thing on our side, we can take Ultron down?" He stopped behind Vision, fists clenched. "Are you on our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple. I am on the side of life," responded Vision, "Ultron isn't. He will end it all. He's simply waiting...waiting for you."

"If we're wrong," Cyclops began, thinking about what was at stake, "if you're the monster Ultron made you to be-"

"What will you do?" The synthezoid asked calmly, moving his eyes to Superman. "I don't want to kill Ultron," he conceded, "He's unique... and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now and not one of us can do it without the others." He continued walking between the superheroes. "Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one." He paused to look at Stark, "Not what you are, and not what you intended." He lowered his eyes before continuing, turning his back to everyone. "So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He grabbed Thor's hammer, turned, and offered it to her.

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

[​IMG]
    Thor accepted the Hammer back. The newborn was deemed worthy. Just like she was. That gave her a slight tinge of confidence. She was also glad that the hammer was back in her possession. She had not planned for what might happen if it were lost. She made a mental note to be more careful.

"We have to make our move. Surely Ultron is working on his machinations as we stand here. if we allow his plan to work, this whole planet will be at peril. We must not allow his ambitions to bear fruit"
    She knew the kind of power Ultron sought was enough to destroy the entire universe. He himself did not seem to realize this, and merely wished to destroy the world, but even that was a major threat.

It would be like giving a child an atomic bomb. And no one does that. And yet, here they were with some unknown being holding in his head enough power to flatten the planet--no, maybe even the whole galaxy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  9. Lite The Future

ooc: So sorry for taking so long to get a post made. I've been dealing with some personal matters these past few days. Hopefully I won't be held up like that again. Also I'll probably have a banner made for Tony in my next post.

Tony Stark, having kept quiet and merely observed the reactions to Vision, finally stepped forward and spoke up now that the team had decided that they needed to make their move against Ultron and that the newborn synthezoid, evil murderous killing machine or not, was going to be on their side for it.
    "Hear that? Do those sound like the words of Ultron 2.0 to you guys? 'Cause it sure doesn't to me. Look, maybe he's got some evil shoved down in his head and maybe he'll turn on us later. But right now we share a common goal: To kick Ultron's metal ass into the dirt." Tony began, hoping his words in defense of Vision would have some sort of impact on the doubts the others may have had. "Plus, look at it this way; If we do manage to beat Ultron, then that just means we're prepared to take this guy on too if he pulls a 180 and attacks us." He concluded before turning to Vision. "Word of advice, don't do that."

Having spoken his mind on the subject, Tony prepared himself for the mission ahead. Whatever Ultron had in store for them, it was not going to be pretty.

"If there's nothing else to chat about, how about we get going, hm? Our good friend Ultron isn't gonna sit and wait for us."

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]

Vision would have smiled, if he was sure the emotion would have been appropriate. Funny things, these emotions. Instead, he simply nodded and moved towards the window. "I'll make note of that," he told Stark.

'That's that?' Cyclops wondered. 'He picks up the hammer and we trust him?' Young as he was, he felt it out of his place to question how the Justice Avengers did things -and even he knew the rumors of Thor's Hammer- but...that was all it took? The X-Man reluctantly accepted the turn of events -after all, the Danger Room had become sentient and joined the ranks of the X-Men- but he was still worried. 'Jean,' he mentally called out to his teammate, 'keep a foot in Vision's head at all times. The moment he thinks something wrong, I want to know.' He nodded to her and looked at his current line-up of X-Men: Gambit, Jean, and Rogue. Not exactly the heavy-hitters, but the X-Men and Justice Avengers had a...strange division. There were "mutant matters" which the Justice Avengers stayed out and the X-Men did the same for non-mutant supervillain plots. Did Cyclops agree? No, but that's the way the world seemed to work. However, once Ultron started integrating himself into Sentinels, Cyclops decided to be proactive. He was not going to wait until mutants were attacked, not this time. Of course, Jean, Gambit, and Rogue followed him (though he wondered if Gambit actually followed Rogue). Shadowcat was with them, but after Scarlet Witch had messed with everyone's heads, Shadowcat was recruited by that mysterious SHIELD agent for "reconnaissance." And then there was Quicksilver...not an X-Men, but a member of the Brotherhood, brother to Scarlet Witch, and son of the X-Men's most dangerous enemy. Pietro had demanded to go with the X-Men in order to save his sister, who he said is being manipulated by Ultron? Riiight. Regardless, this was the situation. This rag-tag combination of Justice Avengers and X-Men were going to take on Ultron and his forces at- "Wait. Where exactly is Ultron?"

"Latveria," a voice rang out from the hallway. "Specifically, Sokovia, the capital." Out of the shadows stepped a young, well-built man. Gray jeans with many pockets, a belt with many pouches, and a light gray shirt that hugged his muscles a little too tightly, Agent Grayson didn't look the part of a typical SHIELD agent. His gray gloves and the strap over his chest completed his "uniform." With his well-built physique, clean-shaven face, and neat black hair, Agent Grayson walked more like a sex symbol than a secret agent. "Agent 37, technically," he smiled, offering his designation, "But you can call me Grayson." He directed at Cyclops and the X-Men, as well as Vision; the Justice Avengers knew him as their liaison to SHIELD, replacing Agent McGinnis. "I'm not going to bother talking about how crazy it is that you built another AI, Stark, but if the magic hammer says he's on the side of the angels, then I guess we're listening to the magic hammer." He walked towards Vision, meeting the synthezoid's eyes. "Oh, yeah, SHIELD has this place bugged. I saw everything. Well, we saw everything." Grayson turned, not a doubt in his mind that Stark knew about the cameras, and pointed towards the door as a man clad in red and a woman wearing purple walked entered. "Justice Avengers, X-Men, other, meet the Devil of Hell's Kitchen and Raven, an old friend. They have..." he shrugged, looking toward Batman, "certain gifts that we believe will be useful against Ultron. Thankfully, they agreed to help us." Crossing his arms, Grayson became all business. "Ultron is in Sokovia, Latveria. I've got a team there -along with Shadowcat- doing recon. They haven't figured out exactly what Ultron and his goons are doing there, but we know that's where he took Canary. SHIELD tried contacting Latveria's leadership, but...there seems to be none at the moment. So we're going to pretend international jurisdiction isn't a thing."

11. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Jean nodded at Scott. "He'll know I'm in there, I'm sure of that, but if his intentions really aren't hostile, he won't attempt to block me out." Jean listened to Grayson's explanation and couldn't help but wonder how Kitty was doing. She was young but was mentally stronger than most of her older teammates. And then there was the others at the institute. Psylocke had stayed to ensure the younger students would be well off, realizing that just the professor wouldn't be enough, sadly. Ultron was one with Sentinels now, and she was worried he'd either attack the institute, or track them down. One thing was for sure though, they had a massive fight coming.

"Man, screw international jurisdiction!" Pietro scoffed. He was from Sokovia, as was Wanda, so he knew that the politicians wouldn't be too keen on letting people they'd call freaks come in, "Either way, we're all good. I know most of Sokovia back and forth. Whatever metal man's up to, we can take him down." His cocky attitude seemed to have come back, much to the others' dismay. Pietro meant well, but sometimes he was just a bit much. "Hey, why don't we call my old man? He can control metal, so-"

"Oh my god, will you shut up?"
    Rogue interrupted him, "what's your father going to do? Attack us and make a fool of himself when we beat him, again?"

Pietro narrowed his eyes and rushed forward towards her, "You wanna go?"

"Yes! Let's go! To Sokovia, where we have a mission to take care of." Jean said, stepping in between them and trying to prevent a fight. "Rogue, I know you don't like keeping Pietro with us, but he knows Wanda most out of all of us, and he knows Sokovia most too. His knowledge will come in handy. And I'm sure once he has Wanda back he'll just leave." Jean lectured her mentally.

"Fine. But jus' be sure that he won't turn on us. He's a lil' weasel!" Rogue stuck her tongue out at Pietro and walked away, closer to Scott.

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "So....that's it?" Gambit remained where he was, more then a little confused on the events that had transpired. "Uh, ya know, I think I'm gonna stick with my crew. Namely them." He pointed to the retreating backs of Rogue, Scott and Jean before hurrying towards them to catch up. Whatever Cyclops said they would do, he would probably do. Unless it involved cats. He didn't like cats.

13. BadWolfCompanion Moogle Assistant

Upon entering the room Raven stayed nearest to her former team mate, the fellow Titan being more familiar than the others. Her hood was pulled up over her hair, casting a dark shadow across her face and eyes. Grateful for the introduction from Grayson, Raven nodded in a wordless thanks. In absence of speaking she would listen to the others, taking in what information she could. Her dark lavender eyes swept across the room, observing each member in turn. She lingered upon the squabble between a boy with white hair and a girl with brown and white hair. Rolling her eyes lightly she folded her arms across her chest, lips pursed in idle thought. Turning her head towards Grayson she finally spoke up "Whats with those two?" She nodded at the squabbling pair to reiterate whom she was referring to.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    "They're uneasy," Grayson replied to Raven. "Understandably. Quicksilver," he nodded towards the white-haired boy, "comes from a complicated background. His sister is the one I brought you in for." He moved towards a console, taking out a flash drive. "May I?" He asked Iron Man, not waiting for an answer as he brought up a holographic screen. The screen split in two and a young man in a red hood and mask appeared on it. "Arsenal, any updates?"

"Uh..." Arsenal looked around, as much as the "cell phone" he was speaking to would allow. There were definitely more people than he was expecting. Though he's met some of the Justice Avengers through Canary, he wasn't really on their "level." And yet, here was in Sokovia with Shadowcat and Catwoman (he didn't ask if those codenames were planned), acting as scouts for the super team. "We don't know what Ultron is doing, but whatever it is, it's under the church at the center of town. Shadowcat said she can't..." he glanced over at the young Mutant keeping lookout at the end of the alley, "she said she can't uh...phase through the walls to see what's underneath? Something about the metal 'disrupting' her?" She could walk through walls. It was simple. Arsenal has seen more extravagant powers....just not up close. "There's a cave where we saw Ultron and his Hydra lackies taking Canary," he said, adding to himself a confirmation that they were going to save her. "Catwoman got as deep as she could without being caught; but Ultron is....well, everywhere. She thinks there's another tunnel outside of town where we can go in."

"Thanks, Arsenal," Grayson nodded, turning to the other screen which had a satellite map of Sokovia. A bright star symbolized the church in the exact center of town and a blinking circle showed the entrance Ctatwoman found. The others haven't met Catwoman; she wasn't related to SHIELD. Just someone doing a favor for Grayson...a favor she made sure he knew he was repaying. "Whatever Ultron is planning, he's planning on doing it from here. We know that he had an extremely large supply of Vibranium and Nth Metal. He used some of it for 'Vision' here. The rest is the key to what he's planning, but...we're completely in the dark otherwise. Using his presence on the 'net, he's able to be all over the world at once...and he is." Arsenal stayed on audio, but the video feed changed to different news clips from around the world showing many heroes (and even villains) fighting lower forms of Ultron. "Even SHIELD is spread thin trying to stop him from causing too much havoc on the 'net; we have our best hackers and our magic division working constantly. Ultron is...thorough. He's even attacking the X-Institute -don't worry, we have agents helping and your classmates have been holding them off." He told Cyclops. "Still...they could use some help." He sighed and pressed a button, showing the profiles of Ultron's team: Scarlet Witch, Ranger VI, Blue Beetle, X-23, Deadpool, and Harley Quinn. He raised a hand to his head, rubbing his temples. "Ultron seems to be attacking the world at all fronts, enough to keep everyone busy...except for you." He told the Justice Avengers. "He wants you there. He wants to take you down himself and he's doing his damnedest to make sure you don't have any back-up. Fortunately, you have a little back-up," he smiled, pointing to himself with his thumb. "The rest of these guys, almost all taken from Hydra, are his 'Avengers,' so to speak. If you want to take down Ultron, you'll have to get through them. Raven's here to help against Scarlet Witch. Blue Beetle is some kind of alien tech. I put a call in to the MIB for help; they reached out and someone's delivering something to nullify the scarab tech. I've also got someone to get in, grab Canary, and get out quick. Hopefully, doing some damage along the way. Daredevil here, he's good in close combat. He can also 'see' more than the most; he'll be good back-up against Ultron or any of the goons. As for the others, well, you need a plan." He looked at Batman, meeting the crusader's eyes.

Vision took a step forward. "The citizens of Sokovia," he remarked, "any battle with Ultron would put them at risk."

OOC: Will finally be putting the bad guys in my next post. Trying to not post too much at once.

15. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Ooc: Well here goes

Head titled slightly to the right as if he was peering over his shoulder. To anyone who didn't know this man, they'd probably think nothing of it. Those who did know him, however knew the Devil was merely taking in his surroundings. Eleven heartbeats total, he made out as he honed in to the different beats of each pulsing organ that sustained life. Yet, he could not help but sense a twelfth presence. Was he off? Again he honed in, making sure his count was not off. Of course, he was not. After careful count, it was certain the amount of heartbeats resonating in the room. So the question was: How was he able to make out that extra aroma among the ocean scents that clouded this room without it belonging to a person? The aroma was stronger than the other ones too; metallic in taste. Confused, he remained silent.

"Whats with those two?" Raven voiced.

Judging by the angle of the sound waves bounce, she was not speaking to him, but rather the Agent 37 A.K.A. Grayson. A small smirk arose on the Devil's face.

After much explanation was had, it began to make sense as to who the twelfth individual in the room is.
    Vibranium. That's what this Vision guy is made out of. Makes a LOT of sense now...

They just got here and already he was discovering something new. Aside from the obvious fact that Vision was some kind of sentient android, the blind hero realized a little soft spot in his enhanced senses. Inorganic enemies were most likely going to pose him a bit of a hassle. Not undefeatable, but a hassle. Thankfully, there were ways around this, but it'd be tricky if the moment ever arise.

16. Arch Mana Knight

Batman then proceeded to walk forward, stopping by Grayson. "Obviously there aren't many of us that will make it in time to help out the X-Institute. Flash and Quicksilver, you two need to go now. Superman, we're going to need you to stay because we're going to need all the muscle we can get." Terry knew how that order would go over with Quicksilver judging by the speedster's attitude as he would no doubt refuse to go after his sister. "As said earlier, Raven will focus on Scarlet Witch. As for the X-Men, we're going to need all of you evacuating and protecting the civilians. And that leaves-"

[​IMG]

"Thor, Stark, Daredevil, you, Agent Grayson here, and myself." Superman pointed over towards Thor. "That kid in the blue scarab armor. Take him down." Next he directed his attention towards Tony Stark's new creation. "No doubt Ultron's prepared a stronger body for this fight. If you're serious about destroying him then you're joining me to take him head on. Stark, you're coming too to help keep an eye on our new friend. With three of us working together we should be more than enough to obliterate that machine and still have time to assist everyone else. Ultron does not succeed, got it?" Superman was not going to take no to his orders from anyone. Batman may have been a better strategist but when it came down to who was really calling the shots, there was no doubt that Superman was in charge. "Once Canary is out safe, I know she'll be more than happy to help you," Superman directed this at Daredevil, "Take down whatever Hydra forces Ultron has tagging alongside him."

Without another word Superman took to the skies and held his position there for a moment waiting for the other to begin moving out. Eager as he was to destroy Ultron, he refused to allow civilian casualties to rack up as he focused on battling the menace behind this ordeal. His fists clenched and his head tilted up towards the sun as its radiation filled his body with warmth and strengthened his resolution. He considered leaving Earth's orbit to gather more strength but decided against it knowing it the extra strength would only bring more collateral damage than prevent it.

"That's settled, let's move." Terry looked over at Grayson and smirked. "I want you to take the Batmobile for a drive for old time's sake. S.H.I.E.L.D may have some fancy toys but we both know they don't have anything as fast. Just one more fight side-by-side." As he spoke, the sound of a sonic boom echoed overhead. The sound of Superman leading the charge against Ultron.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The sound of gears grinding was unsettling, but Ranger VI didn't mind. He didn't mind much of anything these days. Tommy Oliver's memory pre-Hydra was vague, but it didn't matter. He was an orphan who took up martial arts and found out he had a knack for it. He had other interests like dinosaurs and cars, but fighting made him feel at peace like there was nothing else. It wasn't about violence -it never had been- or even self-defense (well sometimes). At its core, it was about expressing yourself and drowning the world out, almost as if in a dance. At least...that's how it was before he ended up with Hydra. How long ago had it been? A couple of years? The details were murky. Now, fighting was about being stronger, faster, better. He fought to fulfill his true potential as a Power Ranger now. Hydra found a way to connect him to the Morphing Grid and, though he didn't understand the science behind it, he was now connected to the knowledge and experience contained within the Grid and it was wonderful. His truest potential, his real self as a fighter, it was there, hidden within the Grid -he could hear it calling-, and he was going to fight his way to it. Hydra was no longer with Ultron, even if the machine was using their resources, so why was he? How he went from Hydra's experiments to Ultron's plan of saving the world (with the caveat that Tommy would become stronger) was irrelevant.

Ultron stayed true to his word. Ranger VI now found himself staring at the unconscious body of Canary, the best fighter in the Justice Avengers. If he could beat her...would he unlock his true self? There was no doubt. As Ultron's many bodies worked around in his underground lair working on...whatever it was and the rest of the team were off doing whatever they were, Ranger VI was going to take his chance. "Wakey, wakey," the green-clad young man said, knocking on the gate to Canary's cell. "It's time meet your destiny," he said, his voice distant within his helmet.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

"Tch. Screw you guys. I've got a sister to save, damn it!" Pietro said, looking at the X-Men and the Justice Avengers with a grimace on his face. "I told you, I am not a part of your little team, I'm just here to save Wanda. So good luck with whatever, I'm off!" And with that, he sped out of the building and to Sokovia. He was fast enough that he'd be there fairly soon. Hopefully they wouldn't send the Flash after him. He knew he'd be in trouble then.

"Oh Pietro..." Jean shook her head. She looked back towards the others, her long red hair whipping back. "I'll call Kurt. He could teleport a few of us-"

"There ain't any time. I'm sure Flash can handle whatever's there. He'll have Betsy and Bobby and all a' them too." Rogue put a gloved hand on Jean's shoulder, "we've got civilians ta save, Jean. Let's go." She looked at Scott, awaiting his next order.

--------

Laura picked at her teeth with one of her claws. As much as she hated to admit it, she was still a kid, and had the appetite of one. They even said she ate like one. But that mess of red on her arms and shirt wasn't from her food, it was from those idiots that had tried to stop her from snatching her food. All humans were the same, they hated mutants. No matter what, it seemed she was doomed to rid the world of those pathetic weaklings. She let out a belch.

"Disgusting," came the voice of Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch. She was only here to exact revenge on her family. No doubt Pietro would be here soon, and if she ever saw her father again... It wouldn't end well.

But for now, Wanda was focused on the child next to her, being disgusting and loud.
    "What, were you raised in a barn?"

Laura spit on the ground, ignoring Wanda. Then, she doubled back and spoke.

"Put a sock in it and wait for daddy. Ultron said they'd be here soon, and no doubt he's right."

Wanda frowned. She was right. Crossing her arms, the Scarlet Witch sat back and waited. Soon, the promised time would arrive.

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Canary clenched her fingers first, before moving on to wiggling her toes. She was cold, and the surface beneath her was cold. So she had been here for some hours, at least. The clanging of the metal bars brought back sporadic detail, along with a headache, and annoyance. At least they left my mask on. She thought with some irony, sitting up slowly to avoid a head rush.
    "I don't recall Destiny ever setting a date." She responded, slowly rubbing her temples to massage the headache away before swinging her legs over the side of the flat surface. Was this supposed to be a bed? She stood, testing her balance, then checked for her weapons. Gone, of course. This only served to annoy her, as she rested her hands on her hips. "If I say please, will you let me out?" Canary asked, her voice angry. Take her weapons and lock her up? Well she would just have to find a window to crawl out of. Preferably soon.

20. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

"Uhh---" The moment he heard that Quicksilver and him going somewhere together, he looked worriedly at the other speedster before he was already gone, out the door and headed straight for Sokovia. "--Yeah, that." He finished, frowning. On the bright side, he wouldn't have to argue on his way over to the mansion. And, someone believed in him being able to handle things over there. That was certainly a hope-instilling feeling.

"Won't take too long to get there. Like Rogue said, hopefully, things'll go smoothly. I'll catch you guys later!" And, like Quicksilver, he too was out the door, yellow lightning trailing out of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.