Justice Avengers: Heroes United!

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Or not," Iron Man muttered with contempt as Superman ignored him and followed Ghost Rider. Truth be told, though Iron Man may be the team's tactician (after the first Batman quit the team) and Superman the leader of the Justice Avengers, the two's domineering personalities often caused them to butt heads. At the very least, some days they respected each other's authorities, other times...they ignored it. Oh well, if Superman found Ultron himself, that might be better. Iron Man was here to figure out Ultron's endgame and stop it. If he needed brawn, Vision was behind him.
    "Your man's in the church, boss. I think he's waiting for you."
    Iron Man shifted as he flew over the church, hovered over an opening, and cut off his thrusters. He landed on a knee, stood up, and started to look around before a familiar voice spoke up.
    "Come to confess your sins?"
    "I don't know. How much time you got?"
    "More than you." Ultron's new body stepped out from behind Iron Man, his seven-foot-tall form looking down at his creator's armor. The special metals in his body groaned when he moved. Glowing red eyes met Iron Man's.

Cyclops ran through the city. "Come on!" He yelled at civilians, waving his arm towards the bridge. "Everyone stay calm. Just get to the bridge!" He motioned for families, pointing to the bridge connecting Sokovia to the rest of the country. The evacuation was messy, but...working. He kept moving, looking for the Justice Avengers or any of Ultron's goons. It was difficult to move against the crowd, but he had to push on-
    He stopped in his tracks, his visor's gaze moving upwards. On the ledge of a building in front of him, standing on the rooftop, was a feminine figure. The sun was bright, but thanks to his visor, he was able to make out certain details: her long brown hair, the scowl on her face, the aggressive stance. Then, he could see two claws emerge from both her hands. 'Guys. I found the clone,' he called out mentally.
    "It doesn't have to be this way!" He yelled at X-23. "We can help you! You can still walk away from this!"

Ranger VI made it outside with a group of Ultron sentries. His head was raging and...something was calling to him? He tried to ignore it. The Dragon Shield had a calming effect on him, but...it wasn't enough. They were standing in a ravine, but the sentries weren't moving. He looked at one and it looked back before looking up. Ultron wasn't ready to reveal himself yet, then. "Got it," he tried to sound stern, but his voice was shaken. He jumped up, grabbed a ledge, and kicked himself higher. Making it to the top, he could see Sokovians in the distance evacuating. There were no heroes nearby. He knew where to find them, though. Ranger VI took off in a sprint, running towards the center of town.

Agent Johnson heard a groan and an 'I'm Okay!' from her other contact. She let out a sigh of relief. Her boss had wanted a team of non-mutant persons to help the X-Men and had somehow recruited another. So between herself, Flash, the tag-along, the squad of SHIELD agents, and Psylocke, Agent Johnson held some optimism. "Okay, everyone. This is it. Mission is simple: Mutants stay safe, big purple robots don't." As she said it, a Sentinel landed near them and raised an arm, its palm glowing as it charged.
    "TERMINATE MUTANT." It declared as it locked onto Psylocke. Its body started shaking and it moved its gaze towards Agent Johnson.

"I am so tired of this over-sized, bargain bin Iron Men!" She yelled as she aimed both her hands at the Sentinel. Its body shook with great intensity and started to crack. She gave it all she had, causing the ground to quake. "No one else dies, but you!" She pulled her hands close and then threw them forward and the Sentinel crumbled as its body warped into itself. Its head rolled off the body and scanned Agent Johnson.
    "T-T-Ter-TERMINATE-ATE MUT-MUT-ANT-ANT-NT." Its eyes flickered as the SHIELD agent picked up her rifle again and charged it. "ER-ERRRRROORRRR. SUB-JECT-JECT NOT MUTANT-ANT."

She fired, blowing a hole through the Sentinel's head. Resting the rifle on her shoulder, she smiled. "Not a mutant. Inhuman."
    Up above, the rest of the Sentinels started to land near the Institute.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Out of the wreckage of the Quinjet, a young blonde woman came out, as if she were the living dead. Cuts on her arms and face showed how narrow her escape had been. "If there's one thing I know... It's that Dad's going to kill me for this..." She replaced her mask on her face, and began moving towards Agent Johnson and the Mutants. Lots of purple shapes in the sky reminded her she had to hurry.

Meanwhile, Psylocke fought off all she could, making sure not to give anything a chance to stand. She stabbed at them with her Psionic Blades and threw various bolts of energy at them. Normally one would be tired out using so much power, but Professor Xavier had always told her how much potential she had, and that kept her going. She wouldn't let him down now. As a Sentintel converged on her from behind, a stray arm knocked it off course. Psylocke turned to see a white and black shape swing by.

"Hope you don't mind, but you looked like you were in trouble!" Was Spider-Woman's singsongy remark.

"Thank you, but now is not the time for games." Psylocke shook her head. They had sent a child to aid them.
    ------------
    Laura glared at Scott. "You're all weak. You act like you help mutants, but you strip them of their free will and make them into slaves." She growled loudly, attempting to be intimidating. And even if it didn't work, she fought nothing like him. She knew they all had an idea of what he was like. But she was different. She was better. Just like Ultron had said. With an inhuman roar, Laura ran at Scott, aiming for a kill blow. The others would follow when she was done with him.
    ------------
    "Ya really think you're gonna stop Laura, don'tcha?"
    Harley said, clearly taunting Rogue and Gambit, whom she'd engaged on sight. "Well guess what? Laura's gonna take your little friend Scott out!" With a maniacal laugh, she swung her bat at Rogue, who narrowly avoided being hit.

"Like hell she will! She's just like Logan. We all know how he fights. We're prepared!" Rogue grabbed the bat and attempted to twist Harley's hands so she'd drop it.

"You're funny, Sweetums! That's cute, ya actually think she's anything like him!" She broke free of Rogue's grip, "Well I... Think... You're... Crazy!" Each of Harley's words was punctuated by a blow to Rogue's body. A punch. A kick to the leg. Another punch. She finished with a knee to Rogue's midsection, and then simply shoved her away. She then turned to Gambit. "My! What a real man! Hiding while your lady gets her ass beat! Come on out! Step up to the plate!"
    ------------
    "Okay, I think that's the last of them!" Kitty called out to Pietro as she carried two children out of a blazing building near the exit of Sokovia. She set them down, and they ran to their awaiting parents, before they turned hightail and ran over the bridge.

Pietro turned to look up into the sky. He saw his sister and two others floating in midair. A fist was clenched at his side, and he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"I know you want to help. But right now, they don't need our help. We'll get in the way more than we'll actually help."

"I'm not worried about them... I just don't... I dunno. It's stupid. But yeah. Scott's waiting. Let's go."

Kitty nodded. She and Pietro started moving at the same speed. Before she knew it, she was knocked aside and Pietro let out a cry next to her. Kitty looked up to see Pietro get hit dead on with a piece of wreckage Wanda had sent his way. "Pietro!"

"Oh no!" Jean and Raven sped off in Kitty's direction, aiming to stop Wanda from harming her. After seeing Pietro, Wanda's anger had only grown.

"What a shame..." Came the thick accent Wanda had. She landed next to Pietro's unconscious form and gave him a swift kick, knocking him aside. "I wanted to see his reaction to me killing you." Her eyes glowed red and she raised a hand in Kitty's direction.

"Bad news, Scott. Pietro's down and Wanda's engaged Kitty. She got away from Raven and I before we could do anything. We're moving to engage her. How's the situation with X-23? Rogue and Gambit are a little busy right now, from the profanities spewing out of Rogue's head..." Jean opened her eyes after relaying her message to Scott. Kitty looked scared. She and Raven had to do something quick! But what? Their plan to restrain her had failed and provided an opening for her to take out Pietro.

3. Arch Mana Knight

As soon as Canary reclaimed her weapons and stepped closer to him the Rider hoisted the wounded woman--a little less gently than he should have--and pulled her onto his Hell Cycle. "GO. BE HEALED. I WILL SHOW THEM THE TERROR OF VENGEANCE." Without its rider, the Hell Cycle took off away from the action while Ghost Rider stayed behind. He could still feel the presence of the one who had attacked her not far beyond. That was where he would start. Ghost Rider stepped out from the rubble of the entrance he had created when crashing through the wall and went to seek out the Green Ranger. The Ultron sentries would have to wait. The others would take care of them. Finding the Ranger was more important.

[​IMG]

A new hole in the church's ceiling was torn open as Superman punched straight through, landing beside Iron Man as his eyes began to glow red in preparation to use his heat vision. With Vision beside them the odds were already in their favor. "Three on one, Ultron. Call off your replicas and we'll make this quick. Don't and I'll find out if a machine like you can feel pain." The Man of Steel's fists clenched as he readied himself for battle. All these villains were the same. No doubt Ultron would do anything other than ask for things to be done the hard way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What? Why are we changing directions?"

"A closer target is in proximity. Engaging." The scarab forced the suit to take a sharp turn at a speed which would have broken Jaime's neck had he not been in its protection. Despite the suit holding control over the Blue Beetle armor it still required a host to function. Forcibly it jerked his arm forward as a weapon in the shape of some sort of handcannon took form. With the suit's sensors Jaime could see who the scarab was targeting. As a teenage boy he would of course be able to recognize that tight black outfit anywhere. It was Catwoman. A shot of blue energy was fired in her direction as Blue Beetle dived down directly at her.

4. BadWolfCompanion Moogle Assistant

[ Raven ]
    Soaring through the sky with Jean, her midnight blue cloak flowing out behind her. The pair was headed towards the Scarlet Witch, who had taken out Pietro moments before. Silently the half-demon mulled over their options, her gaze shifted to Jean briefly. "We need to get Pietro back on his feet, if anyone can restrain Wanda he can." she murmured to the red-head lightly. Shifting her direction she flew down towards the idle body below, resting on her feet beside him. "Azarath metrion zinthos." A dark shield spread out around her, in an attempt to block out any attacks so she could wake Pietro. Telepathically she reached out to him. "Pietro! Wake up!"

[ Joker ]
    Strolling down the streets lined with chaos, Joker was swinging a purple cane with a green ball at the top. Whistling a merry tune he strode around and corner and grinned. Having been assumed dead he had been free to wreak havoc in secret but now it was time to return. His wild eyes darted to the figure of his once loyal lover. "Harley..Harley..Harley..is this what you've become in my absence?" He was greatly amused and annoyed by the woman who was once his psychiatrist.

[ Magneto ]
    Hovering in the air near the Xavier Institute, Magneto watched the chaos ensure with the Sentinels. Behind the shadow of his helm he observed in silence, deliberating on which side to choose in the fight. Rolling his shoulders he moved down, coming into the field of battle. On this day he would side with the X brats. The Sentinels, after all, were his enemy as well. They targeted him as well as his fellow mutants. If the fight had been Sentinels or humans, then of course things would be different but these were individuals of his own kind. "It looks as though you could use some assistance" The statement was aimed at no one in particular because to him it was obvious.

5. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Flash watched in awe as Daisy took out a Sentinal with a swift motion of her arms. "Oh, that is so cool," he murmured, a slight chill running up his spine at the thought of that happening to a human. More Sentinels landed near them, and he picked one for him to take out. "Alright, alright...Here it goes." He took in a deep breath....and ran in the opposite direction. A few seconds later, a loud BOOM!, and a red blur with lightning trailing behind shot towards the Sentinel at supersonic speeds. In the next moment, there was the Flash shaking his hand and groaning in pain with the decapitated head of the Sentinel, a hole in it's chest. "AUGH, that hurt a lot more than I thought it would!" Then there was a new voice, prompting him to look up at...

"Oh great, now Mr. Magformer's here." Some more footsteps, and he quickly got back into action, this time rotating his arms to create a vortex that pushed the Sentinels back. "Assistance would be extremely helpful right now!" He yelled.

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Remy twirled his bo staff, eyeing the strangely costumed woman. "I wouldn't think she was much of a lady if she needed me to fight her battles for her." He retorted to Harley Quinn as he glanced quickly at Rogue to make sure she was okay. She had taken a hit, but she was tougher then nails. And then, of course, the Joker appeared. Great. Even the voice in his head sounded sarcastic. He fell back, providing defense for Rogue if she needed it while she recovered from Harley's attack. He wouldn't want to get in the middle of such a loving reunion.

Wait. Who was he kidding? Remy ran towards the
    Joker, whirling his staff before slamming it down toward the green haired man's head. Rogue wouldn't appreciate him beating up Harley Quinn for her, and besides, the Joker was far more dangerous then Quinn could ever be.

[​IMG]

"I must be hearing things, for a moment I thought you were telling me what to d-" The rest of Canary's words were cut off as the bike tore away, leaving her to cling to it for dear life, and its driver far behind. She found she had no control over the vehicle, and simply held onto the handlebars, the wind pulling her hair from her face and sending it streaming behind her back as she narrowed her eyes against the stinging pain it induced.

She had no idea who the
    Skeleton man had thought would heal her, but she hoped they weren't too far away. Canary had been trained to overcome fear, but it was hard to do when you had no control.

[​IMG]
    Selina had just been minding her own business, trying to decide whether to join the X-Men in their battles, when out of the blue a "blue" (she giggled to herself) bolt nearly hit her. Thank goodness for her cat like reflexes, which helped her jump away from the dangerously close laser. "How rude." She purred, unfurling her whip with a snap as she landed back on the ground. "It almost looked like you wanted to hit me."

She looked up to see
    Blue Beetle, still aiming at her, still diving towards her. A smile curved the woman's lips, as she crouched low to the ground. "You should know better then to tease a cat." Her leg muscles bunched, and she jumped into the air, yanking the whip back before snapping it towards Blue Beetle with the intent to wrap it around his arm. "You might get scratched!"

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Even with his parkour, Arsenal was far behind Ghost Rider. I mean, the guy rode a demon-possessed motorcycle and Arsenal was on foot. As he neared the cave's opening, he heard the demonic roar of Ghost Rider's bike before he saw the flames from it. "Sara!" He called out, secret identity be damned. He was surprised to see the bike slow down and stop, apparently without help from Canary. "Are you okay? What happened?" He asked worriedly. She seemed bruised, but...fine. Truth be told, Canary could kick Arsenal's ass with one hand, but he inherited his mentor's knack for worry. Helping her off the bike, Arsenal reached into his jacket and pulled out a small circular device: her sonic device. "I found it after Ultron took you, back in Seoul." He handed it to her. Without warning, Ghost Rider's bike turned around and sped back to its owner. "Guess we're on foot," Arsenal said. Behind him, the sound of blasts brought him back to the situation at hand. He turned and saw smoke in the distance. A bluish figure was flying around, shooting downwards. "Blue Beetle. Someone needs our help. Can you handle it?" He asked Canary.

---------------------------------
    "Oh shi-" Agent Johnson started before diving away from a Sentinel's blast. "Hey, boss?" She called into her intercom. "Guess who just showed up." Aiming a palm at the ground below the Sentinel, she used her powers to knock it off balance before she started firing her rifle at its chest. Her Inhuman DNA granted her vibrational powers, allowing her to simulate earthquakes...but she was still learning to use her abilities. Until she mastered them, plasma sniper rifles were her weapons of choice. "I'll give you a hint. He's mean, can control metal, and thinks capes are still in fashion." The SHIELD Agent ran through the field, using her gun and powers to direct Sentinels away from the buildings before Spider-Woman, Psylocke, Flash, and Magneto finished them off. On the other hand, her boss told her to keep an eye on Magneto, but to assume he's a friendly. She confirmed her orders and continued fighting. "All SHIELD Agents, pick an Enhanced and support them!" She ordered, running towards Spider-Woman.
    -------------

"Kind of busy, at the moment!" Cyclops yelled as he blasted Laura. He knew the blast wouldn't take her out, but it slowed her enough for him to move out of the way. "Hydra's lying to you!" He told Laura. As she lunged and slashed, he used his optic blasts to keep his distance. He was no Wolverine, but he was agile enough to keep moving. 'Great. Whole plan's gone to Hell in a handbasket.'

-------------
    "Looking for me?" Ranger VI asked as he approached Ghost Rider from around a corner. Behind him, a small group of Ultron Sentries followed. He told the Sentries to let him handle it; he had to prove himself to Ultron. The aching in his head was still there, but Ranger VI pushed on. His connection to the Morphing Grid stabilized him enough to almost ignore the feeling that something was calling him from inside his head. "Well," he started, circling Ghost Rider slowly. "Aren't you...repulsive?" Quickly, he pulled his Blade Baster and shot at Ghost Rider before lunging forward with his Dragon Dagger in hand.

-------------
    Ultron looked at Superman, but made no move to quit. "You think you can protect the people?"

"Well, that is the mission. Did you forget?"

Ultron chuckled. "I've moved beyond your mission. I'm free." After he said, a large cylindrical device appeared from beneath the church.

"There's the rest of the Vibranium," interjected FRIDAY, "Function: Still unclear."

"This is how you end, Tony. This is peace in my time."

"Ultron!" Vision called out, descending from the hole Superman made.

A tragic anger started to bubble inside Ultron as he laid eyes on what should have been his own form. Hovering up to Vision, he stated with sadness, "My Vision. They really did take everything from me."

Vision looked at his "father," the irony of his original purpose not escaping him. Still, this was no time for existential crises. Live were in peril. "You set the terms, you can change them," he begged.

The anger erupted within Ultron. "All right." He lunged forward and grabbed Vision's neck, but Vision grabbed Ultron's head. "Ahh!" Ultron felt his digital presence get burnt out of the internet, leaving him trapped in his current bodies. The experience actually hurt. He shoved Vision away, grabbed him by the neck, and slammed him into the wall before flying down to his Vibranium. "You shut me out! You think I care?" He looked at Iron Man as he placed a hand on the device. "You take away my world, I take away yours." He pressed the device down.

"FRIDAY?" Iron Man asked as the entirety of Sokovia started to shake. Around the city, giant cracks appeared as the city started to rise.

"Sokovia's going for a ride."

----------------------------
    "Well, this is unexpected," a gruff voice remarked. Former SHIELD agent and current Hydra head (though other heads may argue that point) Grant Ward stood in the cockpit of a Wyvern over Sokovia. Hydra had used modified Quinjets before they -and Ward himself- were outed from SHIELD. Since then, they started to work on their own technologies. Though Ward wasn't all gung-ho on the Nazi obsession of Cobra, Hydra's main science division, he had to give them credit; the Wyvern jet they designed did the job. It didn't have the camouflage capabilities of a Quinjet, but it was faster and deadlier. The Wyvern was made for combat. "Gotta give it to our boy, he sure goes all-out," he said, whistling as Sokovia started to rise over beneath him. The Wyvern's two pilots were silent, staring in awe. He knew the pilots and passengers of the other Wyverns behind them were doing the same. Next to him, Talia al Ghul stood. Ward turned to look at her, shrugged, and raised a hand to rub his slight beard. The League of Assassins were not fond of Hydra, but recent revelations had brought a deal between the two. The League had mystical knowledge Ward couldn't imagine -though he was learning. Using a substance that the League gave them, Cobra was able to perfect X-23, their mutant clone. The League even assisted in Hydra's Project Insight in order to "cull humanity down to a more manageable number." Ward's former superior, Baron Von Strucker, made no secret of his suspicions that the League would betray Hydra in the end (Ward knew Hydra was planning to do the same), but means to an end and all that. Strucker's deal with the League involved manpower to help build a robot army out of Chitauri and Kryptonian technology. Then Iron Man interfered and Ultron was born. Ultron killed Strucker and left on his own plans, without Hydra's control. Now the AI planned to destroy all of humanity and the League held Hydra responsible. Soon after his own ascension, Ward found several of his men dead by Talia's hands. She passed on her father's message to Ward: "fix your mistake." Now both Hydra and the League were en route to Sokovia to -and Ward hated this- help the Justice Avengers stop Ultron. After all, no humanity meant no Hydra or League of Assassins; no one to rule over. Ward was not going to have his revenge against SHIELD taken from him by the world's destruction. However, using Sokovia as a meteor was not something he was expecting. "I brought your men here, just like you asked," he told Talia, meeting her eyes. "I brought my men, the toughest of them, and our best...well, let's just call them 'guns.' My men's orders are to let the Avengers take down Ultron. Judging by our intel and what we're seeing now, he's using Sokovia as a meteor. End of the dinosaurs all over again. We'll let the Avengers take care of him. They'll win. It's what they do," he said it with resentment. "Hydra will go after his Sentries. If we can take out some of our own experiments, then we'll do that, but I think I'll let the super freaks take each other out. I'm assuming you agree?"

8. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"We gave you a chance to stand down, Ultron! You wasted it!" The metal menace had gone too far. As he could hear from Iron Man's talk with FRIDAY, the whole place was being taken for a "ride". Though it was too late to abort what Ultron had done Superman had every intention of aborting that abomination of science. Superman unleashed a massive torrent of heat from his eyes, the red beams speeding towards his foe. One quick burst was all he needed in his attempt to catch Ultron off guard with Superman immediately speeding to the side and circling to flank him before charging in to throw one superpunch right at the side of Ultron's face as soon as he was done tanking the heat beam.

------------------------------------

Ghost Rider stood still as the Ranger circled about him, staring at him like some kind of freak of nature(which he was). "THE ONLY THING REPULSIVE ARE THE ACTIONS OF A CHILD FOLLOWING A MAD MACHINE." The Green Ranger lunged at him and the Rider made no attempt whatsoever to move or dodge, it was far too late for him anyways to make such an evasion. Unfortunately, with that single attack the Green Ranger defeated the Rider.......'s jacket. A large hole was torn in the leather where the dagger had been plunged and Ghost Rider looked down where the blade was buried, tilting his skull to examine the scratched ribs it had become lodged between. "MY JACKET." He drew his fist back, the sounds of his bones cracking as his fingers balled into a fist before he struck the Ranger right in the gut and began to rain blows on him while the blade was still stuck in his ribs.

The scarab's sensors caught onto what Catwoman was doing before she even made her attack. Being a machine, the scarab cared not for making a witty retort and, instead, simply reacted by gripping the whip just as it reached its arm and yanked the woman right out of the air. As she plummeted in the direction of Blue Beetle, it fired yet another blast up at her from its other arm. "Stop!" Jaime shouted behind his helmet wishing he could command the scarab to cease its assault. Even if he was not "behind the wheel" if Catwoman were to be killed he would feel the guilt all the same. "Stop fighting her!" He pleaded. "We don't have to do this!"

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Canary was glad, so very glad to be off the motorcycle she couldn't control. "Hi." She said, putting more strength into her voice in order to keep him from worrying. Like mentor, like student. "Oh...thank you!" She said, wrapping the kid in a one armed hug and wincing as the movement strained her injuries. "I didn't honestly think I'd see it again." She clenched her fingers around it tightly, before following Arsenal's gaze. There appeared to be a figure, a woman going by that outfit, fighting the Blue Beetle. Sara squared her shoulders, before rolling her eyes. "I can't imagine why you would want to help her-" She began to retort, just as a distressed sound came from the fight.

Okay, maybe the woman did need help. Sara's injuries would need attention, in due time, but they could wait. And the pain? Well she had handled worse before.
    "Let's go." She told
    Arsenal, before running towards the fight.

[​IMG]
    Catwoman's eyes widened as the creature somehow sensed her plans, and intercepted them. She hurtled towards the enemy, before it fired a laser. Which would impale her. Well this was not working out to her best interest. Selina grabbed her grappling hook and anchored it to the nearest item, a light pole. She twisted through the air, the laser cutting her side just before she smacked into the concrete ground, eliciting a cry as her body tried to adjust to the sudden trauma.

"That hurt." She complained as she picked herself up, pressing a hand to the burning injury on her side. "Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to hit a lady?" The grappling hook wound itself back, and she curled her whip up for a moment, before attacking
    Blue Beetle again, this time running forward and sliding in from the ground, using her whip to pull her in closer at a faster rate with a kick aimed for his....male parts.

Good thing she hadn't been raised as a lady.

[​IMG]
    "That will be satisfactory." Talia replied to the man in clipped tones. "But I think it is the coward's way to let soldiers fight without their leader at their side." She tapped her hands on her hip, the other resting just above her ever present sword. "Perhaps I will join them. When the time is right. You are not the only one who doesn't want my father to be displeased." She stared just over Ward's shoulder, considering her options. "I would assume the X-Men are going to try to sway your successful imitation of the Wolverine to their side. Is this a concern?" She hoped she didn't have to spell out what she really wanted to know. If X-23 was a risk. She was too valuable a subject to just let go, and as her father's right hand, Talia knew how to deal with risks.

"It is imperative that both sides of the bargain are held. For your sake, and for other's." She didn't elaborate. It was above this man's importance, he had no need to know. There were many who had no need to know. And she would send herself to hell before she allowed her father's secret, her secret by inheritance, to escape. It had happened once, only once. But love was a weakness she would not be able to afford. Not anymore.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Damn it. Superman, kill the bot," Iron Man commanded wryly as he flew from the church.

Throughout Sokovia, Ultron's voice rang out through his Sentries. "Do you see? The beauty of it?" They echoed, "The inevitability. You rise...only to fall. You, Avengers, are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world...will be metal." Ending his monologue, Ultron tackled Superman, slamming the Kryptonian through the wall.

As Sokovia rose, Iron Man flew to analyze the city from the side.
    Numbers and lines appeared on his hologram as FRIDAY translated, "The Nth Metal casing around the core has a gravitational pull and the vibranium core's got a magnetic field. That's what's keeping the rock together."
    "If it drops?"
    "Right now, the impact can kill thousands."
    "Once it gets high enough?" He asked, already knowing the answer.
    "Global extinction."
    "That's what I was afraid of," responded the armored Avenger as he flew closer the rising city, looking for weak spots in the core's structure. "I'll worry about bringing the city down safely," Iron Man spoke into his comm. "The rest of you, tear Ultron apart."

-------------
    Ranger VI's head cocked, a look of whimsy hidden beneath his visor. His opponent was all bone, evidentl- The blow to the stomach knocked the wind out of him. 'Okay. This guy's got power,' he thought, stepping back and bracing himself. He took the first couple of hits head-on, slightly deflected the next one into a more protected spot, dodged the one after that, blocked the following punch, took a hit to his helmet, then a hit to his chest, then took an opening and jabbed the Ghost Rider in the chest. The two fought, one using Demonic energy to strengthen his hits and the other augmented by the Power Grid. Ranger VI might not have the power Ghost Rider did, but his speed made up for it. Ranger VI was able to block, dodge, and counter most of Ghost Rider's attacks, but the Demon just kept taking it. Unlike himself, his opponent showed no sign of slowing down and that damned buzzing in his head would not stop distracting him.

-----------------

"I hate to secondguess your tactics, but he looks pretty armored," Arsenal called out as he sent two arrows flying towards Blue Beetle. "The city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, clones, aliens, and clowns, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense," he grumbled to Canary, letting another arrow -this one tipped with an explosive- and ran to the side. The red-clad hero doubted even his explosive arrows could do much against alien armor, but if they could hold him off until Agent Grayson's friend showed up with that weapon...

-----------------
    "Coward?" The word brought a recent memory to Ward's mind, but he pushed it back. "Cowardice, strategy, call it what you want," he responded with his arms crossed. "Honor isn't really part of Hydra's mission statement." Behind him, several Hydra agents were parachuting from the Wyvern jet, ready to fight Ultron's Sentries. "X-23 isn't a concern. She's just the prototype. If you're worried about her...genetic secrets, she'd have to be dissected thoroughly to reveal anything and the heroes are too queasy for that. But if you wanted to do something about her," he shrugged, letting Talia finish the thought for herself.

------------

Agent Johnson aimed her vibrational waves at the last Sentinel standing. She was exhausted, but still focused. Her teeth were grinding as she increased the intensity of the vibrations. This last Sentinel was either very well-built or she was more worn out that she had thought. Within seconds, her fellow SHIELD agents, the Flash, Psylocke, and Magneto joined in and the Sentinel was obliterated in one magnificent explosion. Letting out one long sigh of relief, she looked around; the school was intact and there were no corpses around. "Alright, team!" She cheered. "All it took from saving mutants from a racist-genocidal robot attack was a team of humans, mutants, Inhuman, and Metahuman? There's a lesson here somewhere," she joked. Still, the agent in charge of this mission had fallen on the Quinjet, but SHIELD would have to mourn later. An update on Sokovia came through the commlink. "It's WHAT? How is that even possib-okay, got it." She looked at Psylocke, Magneto, and Flash. "Ultron is using vibranium and Nth Metal to lift Sokovia into the sky. He plans on destroying the dinosaurs...which is us. We need to get there fast." She pointed to a nearby Quinjet. 'I'll catch my breath on the way.'

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Surprised Ultron had resisted his first attacks, the synthetic being retaliated with strength Superman would not have guessed Ultron to possess. A large section of the church collapsed from the force of Superman's body being shoved through the wall. Instantly he gripped Ultron's hands not to break free but to keep him from getting away. "I won't allow that. Whether the humanity falls or not, you won't be around to enjoy it!" The Man of Steel's muscles flexed as his grip tightened on Ultron's arms to the point where it would have easily torn any other metal apart. His eyes glowed with great intensity. "Burn, cabrón." A massive burst of red energy was released from Superman's eyes, completely obliterating the rest of the church as the excess of the blast, aimed upwards, was lost to the sky. Ultron's head was intended to be at the center of the beam with Superman believing that, if it did not kill Ultron, at least it would hurt like hell even if it was a machine.

The Rider grew frustrated as most of his attacks began to miss the more agile Ranger. For every blow he directed Ranger VI's way another two struck him, carving into his bone and ripping into his jacket. The wounds caused him no pain nor did they remain for long but he was in no mood for a battle of attrition. When the Ranger had not tired out when he had expected him to and, instead, only grew stronger as if something else was fueling his power the Rider knew it was time to switch strategies.

The roar of distant engine echoed through the streets. Moments later, the Hell Cycle came into view speeding towards the two combatants. In a total change of tactics, Ghost Rider lunged forward and gripped the Green Ranger intending to allow the cycle to slam into the both of them.
    "GAME OVER."

"I'm sorry!" Jaime shouted towards Catwoman from behind the Scarab's helmet. "This thing is calling the shots! Not me!" The Scarab, anticipating Catwoman's attack reached forth with inhuman speed and caught her leg. Blue Beetle's left arm transformed into large saw and just before it could bring it down to slice off the woman's leg two arrows struck its back forcing Blue Beetle to drop her. It turned its sights towards the one known as Arsenal just as a third arrow was loosed at it. Calculating its trajectory, Blue Beetle caught the arrow with eas-BOOM! Blue Beetle was knocked back in the explosion, crashing through the window of a nearby building.

"Damage minimal. Activating countermeasures." Sparks flew from the damaged chest armor of the suit as Blue Beetle stepped out from the building, a new weapon having formed on its right shoulder. It fired its new weapon directly at Arsenal...which did absolutely nothing to the young hero. It was an electrical burst meant to trigger the timer on any other explosive arrows in Arsenal's quiver. Just as Blue Beetle was about to make another attack the Scarab was distracted by a loud hum directly over the city. Blue Beetle looked up to spot a small space vessel hovering overhead. The Scarab scanned the vessel only to find that just one lifeform was aboard. Star-Lord.

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "When does it ever make sense?" Sara responded to Arsenal as she ran towards the battle, taking a moment to appreciate the kid's archery skills. He was taught well. The thought brought a little tug to her heart, and she pushed it away as she approached, carefully. While not life threatening, another blow to any one of her injuries could make it worse, or at the very least make it hurt a hell of a lot more. That was when the giant ship appeared overhead, and she stared at it through her mask, wondering what on earth could be coming their way this time.

Just as she was distracted, so was
    Blue Beetle. Canary took this moment to leap into the fray, using her bo staff to aim a heavy attack towards his head as she ran towards him.

[​IMG]
    Catwoman rubbed her leg, conscious of just how lucky she was that the other two had showed up. Baring her teeth, she hissed as she thought, one knee resting on the ground as she planned her next attack. Arsenal's attack was well timed, and she smiled as her enemy crashed through a window, shards of glass catching the light as they fell.

She noticed the female form attack as the large ship appeared overhead, drawing everyone's attention. Catwoman lashed out with her whip, closing the distance towards
    Blue Beetle just as fast as Canary to land a blow to Blue Beetle's midriff. "There's a kid in there!" She shouted at the other woman. Whether or not she believed said kid had no control over the machine was another matter, but she couldn't just stand by and let him get hurt. That damned conscience of hers was going to get her killed one day.

[​IMG]
    The only sign that Talia had any sense of irritation was the tightening of her fingers on her sword's pommel. "Someone must set an example for this organization. If that is to be me, then so be it. I don't shy from responsibility, after all." She walked by Ward on her way out, her gaze flicking to him for just a moment. "You should think about the man you are, and not the man these people want you to be." She advised, her tone soft.

"My father may be many things, but he never suppressed my true potential. Never smothered me." She continued on her way, two shadows appearing at her side. Her ever present body guards, to prevent something from happening to the single heir of her father's empire. Sometimes she wondered whether her father hadn't created more children because he couldn't find a suitable spouse. Deep down she wondered if he had loved her mother too much, and saw it as a betrayal. No matter now, she had accepted her role. She disappeared through the doorway, and made her way to the battlefield.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ultron pulled his arms from Superman to no avail. However, his head endured the intense heat. "You think this could stop me? I respect the effort," he remarked, twisting his hands to grab onto Superman's wrists as well. A powerful blow struck both, knocking them into the debris and shattering the ground further. Ultron rolled with Superman and broke free, chuckling as he stood up and floated away. All that stood of the church was the Vibranium/Nth Metal construct at the center. Near him floated what had struck the two: a second Ultron-Prime, virtually identical to himself. Ultron spoke simultaneously through both, "You didn't really think that I'd make an army of myself and comprise entirely of fodder, did you?" He/They chuckled, opening their arms wide. "Vibranium beats Steel. God beats Man. Here, 'hero,' let me show you." The two flew to Superman.

-------------
    "For you, maybe," smirked Ranger VI. Knowing he couldn't break free from the demon's grip, he stepped forward to embrace Ghost Rider. "Teleport!" Energy from the Morphing Grid surrounded the Ranger in a bright green light. He started to teleport away before the energy unpredictably absorbed the Rider into the Ranger's teleportation field. "What? No!" As they started to turn into the alien energy, the process became compromised with Ghost Rider's demonic energies. The two rose in a flash of green light before crashing back down, bouncing off of Ghost Rider's bike, and taking form again. Ranger VI bounced away and his suit shattered into light, revealing Tommy Oliver in plainclothes. The young man stood up, body bruised and bloody in many places. He breathed heavily, looking down at his tattered clothes. "No! The Morphing Grid! You...you severed my connection to it!" Tommy swung his arms in a dramatic pose, attempting to reactivate his powers. Green light appeared around him, but fractured and his suit faded on and off. He could still feel the Morphing Grid, but it was fading. "Give it back!" He yelled. His body glowed green and the Dragon Dagger reappeared in his hand; this was all he could muster as the Morphing Grid started to disappear from him. "I'll kill you!" He lunged forward in blind fury, green energy crackling around the dagger's blade as he swung it toward the Rider.

-----------------

"He burnt out my arrows," Arsenal growled as he docked another arrow into his bow. "Guess I'm just a distractio-" he stopped to look at the ship. 'Seriously? Right now?' He thought as he ran away towards a car. Its doors were wide open, no doubt left that way from the evacuation. He jumped on the car and leapt from the hood for air and shot three more arrows at Blue Beetle. The tips peeled away from the air and expanded into nets. They were meant to electrify, but Blue Beetle's attacks nullified them. He wondered if getting tangled in nets would even slow Beetle down. "So...is that ship a friend? Please tell me it's a friend," he asked aloud.

-----------------
    "I know who I am," Ward called out after Talia, crossing his arms. After she left, he smiled. "Fortunately, you have no idea what kind of man I am." He turned to his pilot, commanding him to take the Wyvern to the air. Now it was time for his real mission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.