Anime K (K Project)

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by LadyAzura, May 11, 2017.

1. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Hi hi! So as the title says, this thread is about the anime K!:

K is an action& supernatural anime. The story follows a boy named Yashito Isana who leads a pretty normal life until one day he is suspected of murder. Soon after, a boy by the name of Kurou Yatogami confronts him and tries to protect him. He later explains about seven different clans led by "Kings", which have been said to contain some unusual powers. One of the clan Kings decides to go after Shiro after the suspected murder. What was once a normal life for Shiro is now thrown into the world of clans and Kings!

This anime has two seasons and a movie (if I remember correctly lol). Have you seen it? Currently watching? Or even plan to watch it? I, personally, love this anime. I've only seen the first season and have not gotten around to starting season two or watched the movie but regardless, I love the story and characters and the artwork along with the animation. It's one of the most beautifully animated animes I've seen so far. What are your thoughts for those have seen or currently watching? And for those who haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend this anime!

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

[​IMG]

OH MY GOD. I was talking to Gabi about K the other day actually!

K is probably one of my favorite animes. In fact, it was one of the few animes I owned (I lost it. Rather someone borrowed it and I forgot who...).

I actually own some of the Japanese manga (because it never got translated into English for some ungodly reason that is beyond me). I actually encourage anyone who liked this series to read the various manga series. There is... five? I want to say? Memory of Red, (which is a prequel with HOMRA and focuses on those guys. Bet you $50 you'll adore them more then you did in the show and it WILL make you cry.) Stray Dog Story, (which follows Kuroh before the start of the series. I wanna say right after his master passes on), Days of Blue (which is another prequel that follows Scepter 4 and their crew (although I STILL can't remember all those dudes names even after reading it)), Countdown, (which takes place after the movie and before the second season), and Lost Small World, (which is ANOTHER prequel that's about Yata and Fushimi).

There's also like a **** ton of light novels but those never got translated into English either. Some I don't think even got fully fan translated. I've read excerpts from some of them, mostly the HOMRA kids because they're my favorites (Especially Mikoto and Tatara. They were married and you can fight me.).

3. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I actually never knew about the several mangas or even the novel! Did anybody do any translations of the manga or novel? I'm very curious and I have my tissue box ready in my hand. If I had to choose my top five anime, K would be at number 2 or 3. They would be fighting Fullmetal Alchemist though lol. As for Mikoto and Tatara, I'm not ready for fight Heart! xD

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Did not know that K had that many prequels and sidestories though the lack English translations probably explains it.

5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

It honestly kills me that I never knew this but again the fact they barely made any english translations of this makes sense. It still kills me but it makes sense!

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Well now you can strive to translate them for us with your Japanese knowledge

7. Aelin Best Waifu

I still need to finish Season 2, but I am so far loving K, my only problem with it was near the end of season one talking about the silver king. There entire reveal on that seemed a little random. I think that they should have put more emphasis on who each king was, all of them, instead of focusing only on the Blue and Red Clan. That being said by the end of the anime I loved Mikoto and the red clan. Also I thought it was a little weird that once Neko went into her human form, she never really changed back into cat form much.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Now that you mention it, they did focus on the red and blue clans a little bit too much. As for Neko, I was like "alrighty then! you do you boo boo!". How's season 2 so far? I haven't gotten around to starting it but I wanna try starting it this weekend.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

So far its good, more clans get added to the mix of the plot

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Okay everyone. Time for me to list ALL the extra material (minus the short stories. There's too ****ing many, don't even try). Strap yourselves in kids, it's gonna be a long ride. Also DO NOT WATCH THE SECOND SEASON BEFORE THE MOVIE. DON'T DO IT FAM.

Manga (there's more than five...):
    K -Memory of Red- (3 Volumes)
    K Stray Dog Story (1 Volume)
    K -Days of Blue- (2 Volumes)
    K - The First (an adaptation of the 1st season I believe)
    Gakuen K (Comedy spin-off where all the K characters are going to high school)
    K: Lost small world
    K: Countdown
    K: Missing Kings (adaptation of the movie)
    K: Dog and Cat (inbetween the first season and movie. Focuses on Neko and Kuroh)
    K: Dream of Green (Prequel to the second season (maybe the first as well?) and focuses on JUNGLE)
    K: Return of Kings (Adaptation of the second season)

Light Novels:
    K SIDE : BLUE
    K SIDE: RED
    K SIDE: BLACK AND WHITE
    K LOST SMALL WORD
    K -R:B-
    K: Case Files Of Blue
    K: Kingdom of Red
    (a bunch more that havent been released yet)

If anyone wants links to check them out. THIS person has a comprehensive list (as well a timeline somewhere on their blog)

Edit: Here is an image of the timeline (and it still doesn't include everything, sorry):
    [​IMG]

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

->Is currently 6 episodes into season 2
    Welp

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Stop and go and watch the movie. I'm serious. Things will be A LOT clearer.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

Will do. Praise being out of school so more time for anime watching

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Well too late for that. I am 5 episodes in. That is okay it will be finnnnnneeeeee.

It is so good so far, though I haven't had time to watch it fully. An episode here and there. However even without watching the movie I am really enjoying it I miss Mikoto though.

15. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow. That is a LOT. Welp. I gotta lot of reading to do for awhile xD. But does the movies go straight into the second season? Or is it like something completely different?

16. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Do the thing Gabi. You won't regret it.

17. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

The movie sets up important plot points (such as the new Red King as well as what's going on with Munakata). See the timeline I posted above for more info lol

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Alright! Well I know what I'm doing this weekend! To be honest, I haven't really sat down and watched anime for maybe 3 months or less so this will be a pretty relaxing and tissue box filled weekend lol xD