Kingdom Hearts II Kairi's Bracelets

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Ventus PSP Aqua, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

So they are part of Kairi's "normal" (default) outfit?
    I really didn't though in looking at this until now...

2. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Not understanding your post....

Anyway, Nomura seems to plan things ahead of time very often.

Is it possible this is one of those times?

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

You don't get to see them as defined as you do in that shot in BBS but you can see it here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPzOSl6Qohg
    Or if we fast-forward to the ending of KH2 and see Oathkeeper being passed the other way...
    [​IMG]

4. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

You know he may have done it on purpose and we were just looking in the wrong spot.

White = Wind = Sora
    Beige = Earth = Riku
    Blue = Water = Kairi

6. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I mean, so the bracelets are just part of Kairi's cloths? I said normal outfit because that's the outfit that Kairi always use normally. xD
    Sorry for confusing.

Yeah, that's right too! =O

7. LostMemory Destiny Islands Resident

Oh, this brings a new meaning into looking into things. XD

But yeah, I do think the earth, wind, water thing is very possible.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I think I'll just go with this, it makes more sense in this case.

9. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

You've got a good point. And if you think about it. iterations of those are present in the other 3 as well.

I think it was probably an intentional change. The original did likely represent Sora, Riku, and Kairi. The new ones almost certainly indeed do represent Namine, Aqua, and Xion.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

They don't look significantly different to me. It looks more evenly darker (compare the blue bands). And if you are just looking at the second band it being darker hardly disqualifies Riku.

If they were to make a change that subtle I'm sure there would have been attention brought to it. As is it seems much more likely that lighting effects or a rushed job on selecting the color palette is to blame.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

they could also probably relate to Terra, Ven, and Aqua if you go that direction Mixt. Still, maybe there's more than one hidden meaning behind them. Maybe they actually stand for more than one person, and it's like the three are always connected and together....or something like that, I'm just speculating

12. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

This is possible...

I'm not sure if we should be looking into it so much, although it is a nice detail to consider

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

now that I think about it, I think they also show Kairi with 3 bracelets when she's trying to get away with Namine in The World That Never Was. But I might be imagining things. Although you'd think I'd remember those bracelets since i've beaten the game 6 times now

14. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Ooh, this is a nice catch, I would have never noticed.

I think this is just yet another form of symbolism that Nomura slipped in, since it's been said that Xion's character had been thought up during Kingdom Hearts II's development. It's pretty interesting and makes sense that Kairi would be wearing them, she's related to each character in a way.

15. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

My memory may be playing tricks on me here but I'm certain there are parts of that video that are different to how it is on my version of the game :S

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That is admitedly from my SD recording of KH2:FM but our LQ from the original had the bracelets so blured together it looked almost like a shadow in most shots, but I can assure you it is there in the original as well. To my knowledge there weren't many changes involved in that scene. What do you see in particular that feels different?

17. NamineArtistOfLove Destiny Islands Resident

Eh, actually the "black" one is green, like her hood but much lighter. (Obsessive drawing memory...) Plus, once or twice in the cutscenes they were in a different order, which bugged the hell out of me. I'm not really sure why, but it did. Anyway, enough ranting, so who would the green one be for, then?

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Green= VENTUS or Sora

19. Keyblade Heroine Merlin's Housekeeper

Omg! You are so smart and observant!

That's amazing... Love the bracelets and I can see how they would represent Kairi's connection to Namine, Xion and Aqua. But you know, I don't think she used to have those bracelets before. I know I would've noticed them sooner. XD But I do recall that scene and thinking something was different about her bracelets.

20. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Hm I'm not sure exactly. It could be the fact it's all one big cut-scene with no playable bits in between that threw me. But at the part where Sora is talking to Saix at 5:15 and it shows Sora with his fancy character model, seemed new. Some of the lines in general sounded differently worded, and that whole scene at the end with the Organization not talking. As I say though could just be my mind playing tricks on me.