Kingdom Hearts II Kairi's keyblade wielding style

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by key dragon, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. key dragon One with the keyblade

Get lazy? I don't get it.

2. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

Square - Hey Disney, on second thoughts don't you think we should do something with Kairi?
    Disney - What? We already do a lot of stuffs with her! We made her do . . .
    Square - No, not about the plot, but as a character you know?
    Disney - ...We already has Namine for that. And come on, she isn't hot enough for boys to give a damn about her. And fangirls care nothing for girl characters, they like the guys! Plus, they could bash her all they want and totally forgot about us! No complaints.
    Square - Yeah, but something is amiss . . .
    Disney - Just throw in random personality hints and give her a keyblade and be done with it
    Square - Yeah that should satisfied the people who want Kairi to be stronger.

Kairi was used only as a plot device. Nothing she did was to show what kind of person she was. Every action she took was just to advance the plot. Nothing to charaterize her unlike all the other characters. All the other characters got great characterization but she was made to be the typical damsal in distress who exist solely as Sora's love intrest.

She's a MARY-SUE people. And the definition of a Mary-Sue is that she's:
    1) pretty
    2) befriends everyone (ie. Twilight Town gang)
    3) exists purely for a romantic interest of the characters
    4) better than most people, but too humble to admit it (ie. can we say RANDOM Princess of Heart? Like, is she Ansem the Wise's daughter or something? What gave her THAT right?)
    5) get random fighting abilities, in which they can kick ** (ie. the random Keyblade in an attempt to include her by producers o.O)
    6) naive and innocent (ie. was she even aware of the competition between Sora and Riku for her - that is assuming Riku did like her... I like to think he mostly used her for his own ego)

-oh, AND she gets a Nobody!! Woot! Let's give her everything!

That's what I mean.

3. key dragon One with the keyblade

Oh, THAT getting lazy. Meh, this's one reason I never liked Disney princess movies TOO much.

Frankly, I really pity Kairi.

4. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Kairi wasnt made to fight ill just leave it at that

5. key dragon One with the keyblade

But Kairi MIGHT change in KH3 (not the upcoming game.)

6. hamudi Moogle Assistant

oh come on guys give her a chance who know what she's cabable of doing?

maybe she's strong as soraor riku or maybe even stronger!

7. key dragon One with the keyblade

Well, under Disney princess rules...

8. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

I kinda doubt she'll change in KH3. She's had like...what? THREE (Six if you count the final mixes) games to come through on character development and all she had to show for it were just the meager scraps. Unlike Roxas, who had massive character development in...SEVEN hours of ONE game. That's why I'm skeptical.

9. key dragon One with the keyblade

Well, KHH is gonna focus on keyblades. Maybe Kairi's origins in Hollow Bastion will be included.

10. yushe\sora Twilight Town Denizen

I like Kairi but....

SHE CAN'T FIGHT SH!+
    Cloud, leon or sephy would be beter than her

11. dandanrevolutionextreme Banned

Yeah, I think she will have her breakthrough, everyone does....sora and riku were kh1, roxas and namine were kh2, the organization was kh:com, every dog has its day....

12. key dragon One with the keyblade

Let's hope that's the same for Kairi.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It wold be cool to have her in my party but I don't know what her skills should be like as long as they kick a$$

14. he's-got-a-heart Traverse Town Homebody

I would never have Sephiroth in my party he'd probably kill all the enemies and then you'd have no one left to fight. Pretty boring.

As for Kairi i think it would be cool to have woman's touch in the party LOL you shouldn't underestimate the power of a princess. And if like they say she has no darkness in her she'll be able to whoop 'em. Just because she doesn't have muscles bulging out've her arms doesn't mean she wont be any good ^_^ Defo the mage-type.

I hope we see some Roxas, even if he just like appears in one of Sora's limits or something.

15. key dragon One with the keyblade

Some form of Roxas may appear in the KHH.

16. Akino King's Apprentice

... Power of a Princess, eh? *cough*

I still don't. Kairi had the mary-sue traits, it'll be pretty hard to win fans over in the next game. Sure, I like Kairi. But I cannot see her fighting, keyblade or not. Her first impression, left a bad note on my books.
    Second game came worse. D:
    If she does end up fighting, better not come out strong.

17. key dragon One with the keyblade

Well, KH3 may be set it a time where Kairi could kick some ***.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.