Karaoke Night! [Sign Ups: CLOSED. { Hiatus }]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Next Karaoke Night: July 12th @ 6PM EST

WHAT IS THIS?

Karaoke Night is an event that's a bit of a KHV Chorus and Duet Roulette Spin-Off. Mostly everything works the same. A song will be sung, I'll mix it and make a video for it. It will be uploaded to Youtube and posted in the KHVC section, etc. The only difference is that Karaoke Night will be utilizing our nifty Radio, and will be mostly centered around solo performances.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Basically, there will be a specific amount of slots open for people to sign up. When you sign up, you can pick any song to sing, from the list of available songs below. First come first serve. The song options will be randomly pulled from out Voting and Suggestions list just like Duet Roulette. In some cases, we may have special themed Karaoke Nights (like serenade night, rockin' rock night, GANGSTA RAP NIGHT, etc.)

I will spend the time before Karaoke Night mixing all tracks/lines. On Karaoke Night, your songs will be played over the KHV radio. They will debut on the radio before YT. This way, it's in real time and everyone can hang out and enjoy the fun. Keep in mind that's what this is for. Fun. So it's okay if you have fun with your song or don't consider yourself the best singer in the world.

Unlike Duet Roulette, you don't have to sign up permanently if you want to participate.

In summary, you'll just post here saying which song you would like. I'll sign you up. You sing the song, send me your MP3 file (just you, no music, timed, just like KHVC) I'll mix it and master it and it'll air on the date above.

RULES!

KHV Chorus and Duet Roulette rules apply!

Red = New.

● If you sign up and then realize you'll be too busy, please tell me wayyyy ahead of time. Like. Not the day before, not even two days before Karaoke Night. The moment/second you find out or even think you will possibly not make it in time. Talk to me! For the most part I'm pretty understanding and will help you the best I can.

● Only one person per song, for now. In some cases we may have a sappy duets night or something, but while Duet Roulette is more for that kind of thing, this is more your time to shine. That being said, only one person per song in the slot. Once that song is claimed, that's that.

● There will be no splitting of the lines, obviously, because you're singing the whole thing. If the song is really long or something, we can edit it down to the first verse and chorus.

● When you sign up, I'll message you the lyrics and instrumental. Please make sure you get started on recording as soon as possible, because I'll be mixing 15 different songs within a limited amount of time. If you would like to help, just get your lines in ASAP. xD

● Send to chorus@kh-vids.net when you're done. Please send in your part no later than two days before Karaoke Night. This is the 24th.

● Drop out after one week, or DON'T DROP OUT AT ALL. All of the members who's lines are NOT in after one week will be notified and reminded. Drop out with the notification or pull through. Also, please respond. I'll take no-response after two days as a drop out.

● Feel free to mix your own vocals, but only if you know what you're doing!! You can leave the instrumental behind you so long as you know how to time your vocals. That's it.

● If you mess up/flub in your lines, I'm not fixing it. In the past I would stay up slaving away on the timing and qualtiy, but here's how it goes from now on: Sing to the instrumental I provide you with (or the original if it's the same), If I don't give you an instrumental BOTHER ME.

Time your lines, as instructed in the tutorial video, NO WAV FILES (I will NOT accept them anymore, this has been said 1000 times), and things should be okay. I should be able to open the instrumental, line up your file and be done. If it doesn't line up, I'm not going to fix it (I mean if it's extreme, I'll fix the little things). If it's off-time or sounds really messed up or clashy, it's your fault.

If your lines are unbearable to work with or just really sloppily/lazily done, I reserve the right to flat out ignore them. Put some effort behind it, please. I see no reason why I should if you aren't considerate, that's all I'm asking for.

SLOTS!

White = Received // Green = Mixed and a-okay // Red = Talk to me. // Blue = Points Used!

Theme: Sing whatever you want! The catch is ... it has to be a cappella. That means no background music or anything, you just sing and go!

1. Echo - Cstar
    2. God Knows - SPACESHIP
    3. Lily - Laplace
    4. Bloody Stream - BtD
    5. Be My Last - Anixe
    6. Cloud Nine - Tale_Wind
    7. Pompeii - Fearless
    8. Will The Circle Be Unbroken - SynK
    9. Ensei - Jayn

ACHIEVEMENTS!

There will be a list of hidden achievements (only I know the full list) that will be awarded throughout the event to participating members. After five achievements are awarded to someone, they will be able to sing any appropriate song they want that has an existing instrumental, whether or not it's on the Voting and Suggestions (or the slot) list. Every five achievements, another freebie, and later more perks.

What achievements exist will eventually be revealed as people are awarded them. The full list will never be posted just because, but if they're ever all revealed I'll let you guys know.

NOTE: Achievement Points work like CURRENCY. Meaning, if you have 5 achievements and you claim the first award, then you're back to ZERO and you may not have the same achievements over and over. Once you reach 5, you can pick to use it or save it for 10. Another example is once you reach 20, let's say, you can either sing four songs, two duets, or pick the full chorus option, ETC. ASK ME PERSONALLY IF YOU'RE CONFUSED.

5 Achievements - You can sing any song you want on or off of the Suggestions list. It does not matter if all of the slots are taken. Free pass.

10 Achievements - You can sing a duet with anyone you want. Same concept as the above. Any song, doesn't matter how many slots are taken.

20 Achievements - You may sing whatever 3 songs you want off or on the suggestions list. One of those three can be a duet.

30 Achievements - You can pick any song you want for a /FULL CHORUS/, off or on the suggestions list. It may not be on the radio until the next KN, depending on Jayn's schedule.

40 Achievements - You may sing any song you want, with however many people you want. In other words, you can make your own mini-chorus. It will air on the radio for Karaoke Night, as well as be on YT as a full chorus-styled video.

50 Achievements - You may do ALL of the above, during any Karaoke Night you want (once you do one, you can't do it anymore, onward), and Jayn will write you a completely original song to thank you for your participation and hard work. If you are Jayn, then tough luck honey, sing a song about yourself. This song will be on the radio during KN when it is done.

FIND THEM HERE!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Could I get Jar of Hearts?

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I must be mad and I just know I'm going to regret this but can I attempt Love me Dead? Apologies to everyone in advance.

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Welp, as usual i'll be asking for the high pitched 80s rock music to sing.

Welcome to the Jungle beckons me.

5. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

This looks exciting! Could I get God Knows?

6. T3F Chaser

'Which to bury? Us or the Hatchet?'

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :)

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Just realised it'll be on at Midnight UK time, fun, I've done done it a few times but not completely happy so might hold off from sending it and try again tomorrow.

8. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Alright, I shall sing to you the song of my people...

I'll do "Cha-La Head Cha-La." I'll send in the stuffs by this Saturday or so...

9. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh this looks fun! =D Hmmm... can I have 'Stranger Like Me', please? :3c I just gotta love my Disney.

10. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

Can I get Lullaby for You please? ^U^

11. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

:c I hate you

Ill take Sanctuary please <3

12. What? 『 music is freedom 』

This is wonderful!

Claiming Gotta Catch Em' All (Pokemon theme) if possible!

13. Jayn

Edited to remind ya'll to send it to chorus@kh-vids.net (or link me to it). I prefer it in my email because then they're all in one place.~

Also, please get it to me by -- at the latest, the 13th. I want to be ready to go on time! <:

Edit; In addition to this, there's a rule in KHV Chorus for it that's ignored a lot, but please be sure to take your time and actually try to sing it correctly? I mean, excluding if you're just having total fun with it and the whole thing is a crack!cover, but like ... If you mess up, fix it? This means if you stumble over the words, sing the wrong part, etc. It's one thing when you're singing with multiple people, because I can blend your voice in so it's not that noticeable. Please just attempt.

For Karaoke Night, I'll be more likely to actually call you out on it and ask you to resend. It's a lot easier than me bashing my face into my keyboard trying to figure out how to fix it -for- you. xD Thanks!

14. Mish smiley day!

oh my god screw all you guys who got here before i did.

Definitely jelly of PaW, Heart and What? right now.

I'll take Pumped Up Kicks, please~

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

<3 Love you too Mishy ^_^

16. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Sent mine away like a good boy, momma Jayn!

@Haters gonna hate. Besides, I have a much higher pitched voice then you, woman. How couldyou attempt an Axl Rose? : P

17. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Sent my lines, I am so so sorry.

18. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I'd like Secret, if you please.

19. Jayn

Updated. If you name is pink, I received your lines. Sanctuary is now open.

20. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Assuming I don't have to do the opera, I might be up for doing Libera me from hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.