Karaoke Night! [Sign Ups: CLOSED. { Hiatus }]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

DAMN YOU ANDREW, THAT SONG IS PERFECT FOR ME D8 I EVEN HAVE HAD FLOWING RED HAIR!!!

I jest, could I take a crack at my favorite princess (A.K.A Leia)?

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I'll see what mic prices are tomorrow... If I can get one, I'll do it...

Darn you Mish and Jayn XD

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Just wondering, are you going to implement any more rules into this? Because I find it kinda unfair that quite a few of the new slots were taken up by the people who sang last time.

/rantrantwhinewhinepoutpout

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Damn, I shouldn't of gone to bed, well it looks like I'm missing this next one. At least it gives someone else a turn.

5. Jayn

Probably not, no. I had a long hard thought about it before I launched Karaoke Night.

Rational;

It works first come first serve for a variety of reasons. Before you read, I am NOT scolding you, lololol. This is was my legitimate thought-process in making the decision and it's posted here for anyone else wondering why.

1. If this were legit Karaoke, it works first come first serve. You sign up on a list, and they call you up when it's your turn. Sometimes, you even get to sing more than one song.

2. When interest dies down, or we get a list of ... undesirable songs, I don't want a limit on those who are willing to try new things and sign up anyway. There are always a few people in KHVC who are over-achievers and always want to be involved, no matter what. If there's a limit, then we have maybe 2 people who are willing to sing something they don't know or want to, as opposed to however many dedicated-to-everything singers we have on KHV.

For example, last KN didn't fill up. There was still one song, and I sang one of the last two that no one wanted. This KN isn't full, either. You can still pariticpiate. It's not a matter of there not being enough songs/slots. It's not a matter of who is participating, either. it's a matter of who's willing to sing what they don't know/ don't like. In that regard, then even a 'you can't participate this time if you did last time' rule would still boil down to first come first serve for the popular songs. (If you take away the five new-participants this time, you still have desirable songs. This is the second time I'm singing something I don't want to sing for the sake of those who will otherwise -not participate-, lolol.)

3. Those who will decide to take achievements seriously may actually look for songs that'll help them get one. So let's say that some remix of Simple and Clean ends up on the slot list, and Chevalier sees the list before anyone else has nabbed it. Let's say he has most achievements, but he sang last time, so he can't get the 'Singing is LIGHT' achievement. Which is...extremely rare considering there are really only like two KH songs to be sung, LOL. Similar to how I don't want those who want to participate every time (those who want it SO bad that they'll stay up until like 5am on the day I'm going to be posting the thread just to sign up) to be cock-blocked, I want those who are going to aim for achievements able to when the opportunity arises for them personally.

4. Karaoke Night is ongoing. Unlike Duet Roulette, which is random in everything, there is a fixed schedule. Every two weeks. And when the threads are posted/updated will vary in time. Sometimes I'll be updating it around now. Other times will be updated in six hours from now, etc. So other people will have the first come first serve option, and it will never be a matter of exclusion or never being able to participate.

Ex; The first Karaoke Night was posted an hour ago on the 5th. xD

5. Those who were concerned about missing the opportunity to sign up for this one had messaged me/asked me when the next one will be posted. (This is before this one was updated). Those who do that, similar to being alerted when someone drops out of a main chorus, will be alerted as to when the best time to try and sign up would be.

And that is why KN will most likely remain first come, first serve with no participation limit. I want to encourage active and ongoing participation in KN and try not to limit it. Plus, it keeps those interested more involved and alert. ETC.

THOUGH. In the future I was planning on locking the thread when half of the songs were taken, and then reopening on the flip timezone because diversity is good. Not doing that always, but sometimes, if people are rapidly signing up.

I also want to spoiler all of that, but I can't without italics and double spoiler bracket things, so GOMEN NE.

6. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Oh sob sob sob, Andrew deary got Part of Your World which is my dream thing. I'll just sing along when I hear Andrew's adorabluuu voice come on he he he

I'll wait up 'till the next Karaoke Night and try and grab a song!
    Good luck to all the singers this week - not like you talented folks need it n _ n

7. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I'll take Uragiri no Yuuyake if you don't mind.

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Pump up the Jam.

Why not, too bad about the great songs here not gonna be in the chorus though

9. Jayn

As written in Voting and Suggestions (somewhere), any song that's done here or Duet Roulette can be re-suggested for the full chorus when suggestions are open.

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I love your optimism in my memory power.

But yeah, I know, thanks for the reminder.

11. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

NOOOO DAMMIT NEMESIS PRIME!!! YOU TOOK URAGIRI NO YUUYAKE!!!!!

ummm jayn~~~ if NP pulls out, may I do Uragiri no Yuuyake please? please pm me or let What? or Cookiie know so either can pass on the message~~ (calling dibs, cuz that's the only song that i really know, and don't really want to do Jalharl's theme..... sorry for being a pest about this >__<)

*Am I allowed to do that?*

12. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Bugger it all I really wanted to do Leia. I really need to start checking this section more often.
    Guess I'm sitting this one out.

13. Jayn

I'll definitely alert you if NP drops out, but I can't really promise you the song. x: I will let you know, though.

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Sent in my one. Hope it's okay dokey, beats like that are surprisingly difficult.

15. T3F Chaser

Lovelies, Im afraid I must drop out this week. School has decided to express major faggotry lately and I have exams soon, so I wont be able to get this done. Sorry :(

16. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

There's still slots?! O: I'll take 'Here Comes the Sun'! Please?! =D

17. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Jayn's a little busy with Still Alive stuff so I am just gonna update this now.

I'll send you the instrumental and lyrics in a tick, Moshi dear.

18. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I hate to do this and especially so late but I can't seem to get Master Exploder down. Well more specifically I can't hit the high notes that Jack Black sings throughout the song. I got the lyrics down. It's just those exaggerated 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH's throughout the song that are getting the better of me and making my vocal cords cry. I thought I could do them but I can't. So I'm going to drop. Sorry, Jayn. I HOPE YOU'LL EVENTUALLY FORGIVE ME FOR COMMITING SUCH A HORRIBLE SIN! ; ~ ;

19. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I know my song isn't terribly long, but would it be okay if I sang just the first verse and chorus? I've got a really narrow window of time to record tomorrow and I'm still struggling with the song... If I do have time I'll sing the entire thing, but I just wanted to know if I had another option...

20. Jayn

Yes, Janson.

I hat u gs

Srsly tho it'd be better for you just to turn in what you could sing then to drop out. Dropping out late means you reserved a song / disallowed any one else to sing it and then didn't even sing it.

Lines due tomorrow guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.