Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Enigmatic XIV Merlin's Housekeeper

That is very much so.

I think the ones without keychains are the original keyblades, and as said earlier in this thread, take the form the heart wishes it too.

Quoted from Pika Power:
    And there we go. They run on spirit energy. Now that makes more sense.

So if they run off spirit energy, and master Xehanort has a chained one, I would say that Xehanort found out about hearts, and started experimenting with them. He discovered the power of darkness, and what abilites it leant the heart. As such, he crafted his own blade to react to his heart.

Now if only I can think of an explanation for the shattering. Perhaps because Ven was close to death, and his spirit could no longer sustain the blade?

Yes, I think I have it. The Chaserblades require the user's spirit energy. If the user has no spirit energy to spare, the blade weakens and looses its properties. This is what is seen in the graveyard, and what happens to Ven's. If the spirit energy is especially strong, the blade can be manipulated completely. Chaserblades are crafted, and are not as secured to the owner as Keyblades are.

Keyblades form a bond with the heart, and draw off the keybearer's memories to attain new forms. This happens when a trinket is attached to it that represents a memory. A keyblade does not have the fault of smashing if the heart is too weak. Instead it seeks a new owner. This can be problematic, but the owners are able to fortify ownership of the blades with friendship. Without that, they loose some of the greater abilites, such as summoning the keyblades. (Sora and Roxas fight represents this, as does Roxas and Riku fight.) What's more, the keyblade is more spiritual than physical. (Not spiritual as in related to the spirit. Spiritual as in related to the heart. But I can't really say heartual.) This means that if the owner draws enough energy from their heart, they are able to make two of them for as long as they can sustain it. Quite often this requires drawing upon a friend's energy. This explains Kairi's keyblade, (It was Riku's second one) but it leaves Roxas as an unknown. I am going to say he draws on the strength of Sora's heart and memories.

The soultaker is still a wildcard. I am going to call it out on being a construct made from the seven princesses' hearts, so I think it cannot be categorized, as it clearly is heart related, but lacks a keychain and all that jazz, while having strange dark powers.

Soultaker(Or Life and Death as some fans call it) is a gathering of the seven princesses of heart with darkness infused.

As for Roxas, calling upon Sora's heart and memories is much to the likeing of the situation. Kairi being the Oathkeeper, Riku being the Oblivion. But as for why Sora needs drive...

Roxas was only able to summon Oathkeeper and Oblivion at Memory Skyscraper and when fighting Axel (who was much surprised, hinting that he never saw this before.)

I think that Roxas could only summon these keyblades when he figured out about Sora. Both times he used these was when he was was in connection with Sora strongly(Memory Skyscraper, wanting to find Sora. Axel, when he remembered everything about Sora.)

And I think out friend Xehanort became a likely inventer of keychians, molding one to fit his dark heart. Keyblades aren't just meant for those in the light. They can bring peace or destruction! (I think King Triton knew about it in KH1, and will appear in BBS)

2. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Correct, like Way to Dawn and Riku, and Roxas, Oathkeeper (symbolizing kairi) and Oblivion (symbolizing Riku). That goes for Terra, Ven, and Aqua as well.

3. P Banned

I honestly think that drive and multiple keyblades are different. Drive is done by Sora's clothes, but he does not get a keyblade every time. Drive only allows Sora to muster enough strength of heart for two keyblades.

It was said in the new interview that the chaserblades were spirit-related, not heart related.

Spirit is the thing that gives life, therefore if you have enough of it, you can also animate your chaserblade, and in a way, bring it to life!

4. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Good theroy.

5. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I am pretty sure those were keyblades, since there were several others in secret endings.

6. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Also, when the words were popping up it said specificly "KEYBLADE WAR" so they have to be keyblades.

7. P Banned

What do you mean, "Several others in secret endings"?

And also, I am aware the game calls them keyblades. However, in this discussion, I have need to differentiate between the two types. Thus I have given a nickname to the Chaserblades.

Even so, the words "Keyblade war" Could be a war for a keyblade, or against a keyblade, not necessarily with a keyblade.

It has been confirmed that chaserblades are related to the spirit in this game, and they lack keychains. Those are two differences already.

Other people may make theories about Ven. I make mine about keyblades, and how they work. My hypothesis has changed greatly since the first post, in light of the new evidence. As such, I made a new theory. It is only a few posts back.

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I believe he means the "several others" may be the giant fields of keyblades all over the place. However, that is greatly an understatement to how many there are.

On the topic of these "Chaserblades". If they are related to the spirit, do you think it is possible that one's spirit may be shattered when the Chaserblade itself is shattered, an example being Ven's unfortunate freeze in the secret ending?

9. P Banned

It's plausable, but goes against how Ven's eye moves and how little attention Aqua payed to his broken weapon when she ran to him. Also, keyblades have always been affetected by the owner's heart. The owner's heart never is affected by the blade.

I think that for Ven's spirit to smash, more attention would need to have been paid to the chaserblade smashing. I can't help but think that if it were amazingly important, it would have drawn more attention from the camera, and would have been more dramatic.

10. What? 『 music is freedom 』

They may have ran over to him not just to see if he was alright, but to check if his spirit was fine too. Though his eye could move, it could still mean his spirit was shattered. It may be that it could take some time before it is completely gone.

11. P Banned

Another argument against it is that there is no change to Ven when his chaserblade smashes. Before in Kingdom hearts, the magic weapons always let you know if someything was wrong, and the effects were immediate. Ven didn't change from the being at the top of the cliff to the being at the bottm.

12. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

LOL, from what i've heard, you can't change your keyblades throughout the course of the game, just a rumor tho. But they don't look like keyblades at all, like you said, hunks of metal, not even metal...plastic...they shattered.....lol

13. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Keep in mind that he was frozen, and I don't think he could show any physical reaction at the time.

Some metal can shatter.

14. Repliku Chaser

I'm not sure the Keyblade breaking there is more important than the fact Ven couldn't move because he was frozen. Also, it's later in the game when Terra asks what happened to Ven and what Master X did with his heart as Ven is down.

The game is going to be interesting since apparently in the latest Nomura interview, the 3 (Aqua, Ven and Terra) start out together but depart going separate ways for their stories. Obviously though all 3 or at least one or two of them, encounter each other later in the stories and react to them.

The Keyblades are also said to be more connected to the spirit (which I take means Soul) of a person rather than the Heart, as others said here, which might give a reason why they are lacking keychains. I still call them Keyblades though. And yes, one shattered but with the spell that was used and then falling all that way, Ven being frozen and unable to focus as he was falling, maybe those are all factors why it happened.

15. razor234 Chaser

well the keyblades the chasers use might be fake or somehting
    b/c when u fight terra in FM+ when he does his little berserk attack he gets these wierd data block like things(kinda of like from fake twilight town and trons area) that spin around his keyblade and him
    so maybe they are prototypes
    and they shatter, and dont keychains have some connection to the beares heart and memories

16. libregkd -

17. Scott Pilgrim Banned

Yeah,what is there to not understand. They are the first keyblades, thats all there is to it. Nothing more. As for the keychain thing. They do exist just not on the original ones.

18. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I am going to predict that your theory is going to be a long orgasm, but a really good one too. I am currently trying to think up a theory as well.

19. Haseo Knight of Light

I think that they're just Keychainless Keyblades. If Keychains change the hold the form of a Keyblade, then those are the true forms of their Keyblades. About the shattering, it was weaker when it was frozen, so it was easier to shatter, especially against a rocky cliff.

20. Virtuoso Gummi Ship Junkie

well, Nomura said that the strength of their keyblades rely on the strgength of their spirit, not their heart.so maybe it was keychainless keyblades in the past.