Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. DjC Chaser

i dont think its a mecha arm i think its just part of there clothes but thats a real good theory about how the keyblades and the arm thing could be conected ^^

the reason why i dont think its a mecha arm is because ven has one and it only covers his shoulder and sleve not his whole arm. and i've been wondering about this for a while and i thought we've seen the color of terra's armor and keyblade and aqua's armor and keyblade. but what about ven because in the final mix/ and normal kh2 vid the color of there armor looked the same. but then i thought since terras arm thing that covers his arm looks exactly like his armor that must meen that the arm piece on ven's shoulder must be the color of his armor but idk what color his keyblade would be?
    im pretty sure that those are keyblades. just think of it like this:

when they make an ipod it is good and all but when u drop it u could scrat it, break it, crack the screen etc. but when they make a newer version of an ipod it is advanced and is more durable than the older version.

thats how keyblades must of been. in the past they weren't as durable as the keyblades are in sora's time. and this also fits in with the mecha arm theory (which is a good theory btw ^^). they might've needed that arm piece to summon there keyblades but as the years past the keyblades became more advanced and they eventually figured out how to summon a keyblade out of thin air instead of the arm thing. so what do u guys think?

2. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Maleficent informed Riku that he was the INTENDED keyblade wielder... and as far as the 'failed experiments' thing goes... why the hell would ANYONE keep THOUSANDS of 'failed experiments' lying around?

Maybe the term 'mask' wasn't the best to use... what I meant was, to me the keychain has ALWAYS been less important than the blade... Why wouldn't it be?

I mean, the ONLY reason we see Sora with different Keyblades is the keychains... they ALTER his blade... they DON'T give him new ones...

Also, why would 'the most important part' of a keyblade be in the hands of common, or even villainous, people?

3. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

lol..after i think of it.. i don't think the mechanical arm has something to do with the keyblade.. maybe it is just their cloth..XDD..
    if they use the mechanical arm to summon a keyblade.. obviously.. terra's mechanical arm is on the left side and he summon keyblade on his right hand.. i know it is sound illogic..XDD.. only square can tell us the answer..lol

i dont think the kingdom key is just meant for riku.. kingdom key would chose his own master and his master is not just only one.. it chose its master by following the master's heart..

and Pika_Power.. no one think that u are crazy..lol.. u have ur own theory and opinion, so that was not stupid

4. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

I think they ARE Keyblades, just not ones like we've seen before.

Umm... Pardon? A mechanical arm? Have you seen the pics for BBS? In one, Terra's holding an unconscious Ven with his armoured arm, and summoning his Keyblade with the other hand...

And I agree with Shadows of Oblivion...

There is NO certification that a Keybearer NEEDS a Keychain to wield a Keyblade...

5. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

i post it just above u.. i disagree with it..
    i know the keybearer not necessary need a keychain.. i was thinking only a master have a keychain

6. P Banned

I still think that the keyblade is more spiritual than a hunk of metal. What I meant by the keychains is that the keyblade is an attribute to the person, not in any form, and when they summon it, it takes the form relating most to the heart. (for gameplay purposes you can just choose)

So the things that terra and co. have are not really keyblades, if you go by my theory.

As for the Riku thing, I say Malificent was lying. Just like she lied before about Sora not caring about Riku.

7. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Then how come Riku was able to call the Keyblade from Sora's hands? If he wasn't the original choice, then it would have stayed with Sora... Also, the reason it didn't come to him straight off was because he made a choice for darkness, something that hadn't changed by Hollow Bastion... END OF STORY...

And Keyblades, as far as ANYONE knows ARE just metal... given special properties of course... but STILL metal... games are full of things like that... What real reason do we have to believe otherwise for Keyblades?

8. P Banned

I don't think being the original choice had anything to do with it at all. If it did, then why could Sora get it back?

His heart was stronger, just like Riku's was stronger than his.

And you said it did not choose him straight off because his heart was dark. but you then say that did not change by hollow bastion, so what factor changed between destiny islands and Hollow bastion?

Ignoring that though, keyblades are related directly to the heart. They free hearts, are drawn by the strenghth of hearts, and lock heats. They only materialise when the owner wishes it too.

All in all it just seems a fine line between metal with special properties and a spiritual weapon. So yes, a keyblade may be metal with special properties, but I doubt they can break like normal metal.

Also, if it is Metal with special properties, what is starseeker? That certainly does not look like a metal blade.

9. Luka Deafening silence

yes i dont think keyblades are just metal ...

10. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

The factor that changed isn't important... the point is Riku got the Keyblade from Sora because he already had the qualities necessary for it...

And in case you didn't realise, metal doesn't HAVE to LOOK like metal to BE metal... stop judging by appearances.

11. Luka Deafening silence

o_0 im not sure but i think the keychain theory is not bad

12. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

To me, saying that Terra, Aqua and Ven's weapons are not Keyblades is making a mockery of those characters... and those we already know...

It's basically saying that someone with an imitation weapon is on a WHOLE different level to every character we've met...

13. P Banned

The factor that changed is important, because the keyblades skipped riku at Destiny Isles but went to Sora, while at Hollow Bastion it was the reverse way.

Also about the metal thing, okay metal does not have to look like metal to be metal. Sorry, but I need some ingame proof to believe that the decisive pumpkin blade is made of metal. I think that considering the keyblade as a ever changing weapon is a lot simpler than saying that a pumpkin is made of metal.

Oh, and has there been any in game proof that the keyblades are metal? They could be made of wood and paint! Like you said, a bad idea to judge on appearance. Where did you get the idea they are made of metal?

14. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Wood and paint? That's just plain stupid! As for where I got the metal part from... listen to the Keyblades' attack effects... with maybe a FEW exceptions they all have metallic tones to them...

15. P Banned

About the wood and paint, I was being sarcastic. I was trying to make a point. As for the tones, yes some blades are made of metal, but the ones that don't are inconsistant, and prove my point.

Really, if we are going on sound, rather than looks, then I think we both are being silly.

But I am adamant that way to the dawn, Starseeker, Jungle king etc are not metal.

The changing form of the keyblade means it is certainly much more than Mere metal.

While the New-blades, they smash and so far, seem to possess little of the qualities of the keyblade. They seem much more like a gunblade, minus the gun, of course.

16. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

i think there is no one say that Terra, Ven and Aqua is not keyblade.. anyway we are just discussing about the keychain.. i agree with Pika_power saying that the keybalde is more spiritual than a hunk of metal...
    Is how the keyblade made of relating to something?

17. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

Way to the Dawn? Why? And as I said earlier, denouncing these blades as imititations seems like a very foolish call... it makes a mockery of every character bar Master Xehanort...

Actually, pika_power HAS been saying that they aren't keyblades...

18. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

the very first post? i got it! but he/she just need opinion

19. P Banned

Way to the Dawn does not seem particularly metallic.

As for denouncing the new-blades as imitation, correct, that is what I am doing, it is what the whole topic is about! They lack chains, they lack durability, they seem unlike the keyblades we know. (although I don't think they were imitation at the time, more the current type of blade before the keychained blade came along)

As for making a mockery of Aqua, Ven and Terra, not much I can do will damage their reputation. They seem to have hit rock bottom. They were thoroughly owned. That they even considered battling someone who can create cliffs is absurd.

I have said my bit. The keyblades we know seem spiritual, much like Baldies keyblade. But the new-blades seem very mundane.

Oh, and just directed to Eternal Session, I am a he. I have been saying that the blades are not keyblades since the first post.

20. Shadows Of Oblivion Hollow Bastion Committee

No, not just the first post... In fact, it seems to me that the entire theory that pika_power came up with is saying that...