Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. P Banned

This is all interesting.

I hold firm that those things are not made of the same stuff normal keyblades are made of.

These blades look inferior.

To be honest, they look more like a weapon an Org member would possess, not a hero weapon.

2. Luka Deafening silence

you care to say why ??

3. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

i only know that is Keyblade...
    maybe u have ur theory eh? ^^

4. Ixenin Destiny Islands Resident

They look to me like the weapons are more...mechanical. Like they're more technology based than magic.

5. Spike H E R O

That's actually a very intersting prospect.

Well, they HAVE to be keyblades. The shape seems to be right and the handle guards are shaped like a Keyblade's should. Maybe Nomura just didn't WANT to put keychians on the keyblade, or maybe there's something bigger behind it, like what Repliku suggested.

6. Eternal Session King's Apprentice

but not only Master Xehanort has a keychain on his keyblade, but mickey has it too.. does it mean he also the keyblade 'master'?

7. P Banned

Well it is positively massive. This is not my main reason for thinking they are not keyblades, but it is my reason for that comment.

Generally Heroes have a single sword-like weapon. Not always, but usually. Terra's weapon looks big and bulky, like those nobodies with those irritating blades that you could use.

8. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

There's no reason to judge whether it's a Keyblade or not based on size... I mean, look at Fairy Harp and Fenrir... or KHII Ultima... FH is TINY, but Fenrir and Ultima are among the longest Keyblades we see...

And yeah, they might not be made from the same materials as the Keyblades we see Sora, Riku, Kairi and Mickey use, but that doesn't mean much.....

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Aqua's blade DIDN'T smash when she was driven into the ground? Ven's would have ONLY because it was frozen.... Aqua's fell directly on what I'm pretty sure would be the weakest point...

I'd say that Terra's, Ven's and Aqua's blades ARE Keyblades. Made specifically for them, to fit their individual fighting styles, and WITHOUT the need for a Keychain. There is no certification in the games that a Keychain is required for a blade to be a REAL one!

9. Dredica SNES was the best.

maybe keychains wern't' invented lol

10. Zexion06 Traverse Town Homebody

I think these are more "primitive" versionjs of Keyblades, because it is rumored that this event took plkace in the past before Sora Riku, and Kairi's time...

11. Noise For Love and Justice

but SE has never really said a keyblade must have a keychain....so....i dont know maybe there just cool like that xD

12. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

It's possible that the Keyblade wasn't a single entity to begin with. If it was a gift or weapon of the light I'm sure there was some sort of renaissance in which the light opposed the darkness with a much greater force before some form of collapse (most likely the keyblade war).

13. Twilight's Rose Banned

between Light and Dark's garden; Twilight Garden
    I believe those are keyblades. Maybe they don't have chains because their like keyblades that would made by humans, maybe they were to lazy to give them key chains ;-)

14. P Banned

Exactly. The point I am trying to make is that these blades are lesser weapons than the Thing Sora uses.

15. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

There's no proof they are, and no proof they aren't. There has NEVER been anything in the games saying that a Keychain is needed, or that a Keyblade is unbreakable when frozen... And saying they aren't, or that they're inferior to the Keyblades Mickey, Sora, Riku and Kairi use has no real grounds. I think we should stop arguing/talking about whether they're Keyblades or not, or just 'inferior' until the GAME COMES OUT.

Seriously, we've no proof either way. The Keyblade is a mysterious thing, and we will, eventually, without a doubt learn more about them, but until we see some solid IN-GAME-or-certified-by-the-people-who-MAKE-the-game PROOF there's no way we should be talking about it.

The weapons look like Keyblades, Keychain or not... so why can't we just leave it at that?

Heh, come to think of it, we know hardly anything about the blade Rikunort made in KH1... other than that it has the ability to unlock the heart and was made from the hearts of the Princesses...

16. The Great Gatz Chaser

>__< How could it be a keyblade war if they're not using keyblades? I can't even count on my fingers and toes how many times I have seen this. The easiest way to explain it is that is what the blade will look like with no keychain.

17. Luka Deafening silence

Urgh yeah i almoust forgot about the keyblade war >.<

18. P Banned

I already have stated a point about the keyblade war, it may be called that because it is a war over a real keyblade, or because those things are prototype blades and still known as keyblades.

But a point I am trying to make is that if you look at the weapon Terra has, and you have not played Kingdom hearts 1 or heard of a keyblade, would the first thing that pops into your head be "oh, a massive key!"?

I got this feeling when I saw the keyblade Sora has, but if I look at Terra's, I see only slight resemblance.

Oh, and Illusionary, I did create a topic about the Six hearts keyblade, but no one replied with a sufficient answer.

I consider the Six heart blade to be a prototype-esque blade infused with Six pure hearts. I assume it was created in the same manner as all the blades in that desert. Xehanort's heartless must have wanted a way to channel the Seven pure hearts quickly, and to do that he made the Six heart blade.

I think that all the blades in that area were experiments by Master Xehanort.

19. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

It doesn't make any sense for them to be 'failed experments'.... As my brother Shadows Of Oblivion said earlier in this thread... Who the hell would keep that many failed experiments? There are probably hundreds of THOUSANDS of blades there...

They might be experiments, yeah.... but I sincerely doubt they'd be FAILED ones.

And Pika_power? In answer to your question "would I think 'Oh, a massive key' if Terra's blade was the first I saw in the KH universe..." my answer is Yes.

20. P Banned

What else to do with millions of blades? The place was a barren wasteland, not his home (from what I could see). Remember, they are nearly indestructible. It would also explain why they lept to do his bidding.

As for when I said failed experiments, I meant in the sense of being prototype blades. They did not look as bright and powerful as the kingdom key, so I assume they did not fulfill their purpose.

These ones just do not seem to do as much as the rest of them could do. If only I had seen one of them point their blades at kingdom hearts and lock it, then I would be satisfied that they were the equal of the keyblades I know. Admittedly there would still be the shattering and the lack of Keychains to go, but it would cause less confusion.