Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Luka Deafening silence

yeahg i mean there's lots of keyblades why would they use anithing else O.o

2. P Banned

*sigh*

Haven you really not noticed? The thread is now pretty much about what the differences between all the Keychainless blades and the three ones Sora and Co. use.

3. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

*shrug* Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I guess... Even if they don't all make any sense to everyone else.

4. P Banned

I suppose.

Because I cannot see how what Terra has looks like a key.

5. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

Fenrir doesn't look very key-ish at first glance... but it's modelled after a modern-style key. I don't see how Terra's blade looks like less of one than that...

Looks more key-like than Star Seeker, anyways...

6. P Banned

Eh, True, but the keychains are aimed only in the general shape.

Also I have not seen Fenrir. I know there are less key-like Key chains in kingdom hearts, but Terra's one does not really follow the design that most key-blades have.

7. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

8. P Banned

What? I did not reply? Damn, It must have been faulty.

Okay, Fenrir I think is Novelty, a one off. An easter egg of sorts.

Terra's and Venn's blades look odd though. Venn's blade's head is on backwards, and Terra's one does not follow the theme at all.

9. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

Ven's blade tip is on backwards? Mmm... doesn't look that way to me. More like he's just holding it backhanded (like Saix does with his claymore)...

I really gotta ask this... in what ways EXACTLY do you think Terra's blade doesn't seem like a Keyblade? I'm just trying to understand your way of thinking here... and at the moment, I can't...

10. Luka Deafening silence

Fenrir doesn't look like a key either >_>

11. Inasuma "pumpkin"

The baldy's weapon is very much so a keyblade. It has a Keychain so it has to be.

Same goes for Terra, as well (if not ALL of the knights). If we go according to the initial secret ending in sunset horizons, we see the three knights pick up the keyblades (the ones with keychains). I'm assuming they are keyblade masters if they were able to do this so easily. However, that doesn't mean it is possible they are keyblade wielders. It is very possible that some other keyblade masters had died and they are using their weapons.

But I suppose we should wait for more information on that. Lmao.

12. they do have keychains... when they get picked up..

13. Luka Deafening silence

yeah risk is right and i'm pretty sure master xehanort has one too

14. P Banned

Yeah, Baldy and his team mate do have keyblades, that strengthens my theory becuase this shows that there is a difference and it was not just an editor's mistake.

Also Fenrir does look like a modern key. (if you look at it right)

Terra's weapon is not like Fenrir, I just cannot see resemblance between his and the kingdom key, or even Fenrir. But the aesthetics of the weapons was only part of my argument. The lack of keychains is important, considering bady has one. Also for the first time, a "keyblade" shatters. I doubt that an ordinary keyblade would do that.

But back to the looks, seriously, I think that if Terra's weapon belonged to an enemy like Siax, we would not turn a head. But because it is the main character, you are seeing resemblances that are very small.

15. xand Moogle Assistant

no., i disagree....what about leons gunblade, it has a keychain, and yet, it is not a keyblade....i used to think it was a keyblade, but it is not....

16. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

Leon's gunblade doesn't have a Keychain, it's just a decorative thing... Like his necklace.

A Keyblade needs to resemble a key in some way, and sorry Pika_power, but as far as I can see, all the blades we see in the secret movies DO resemble keys... in some manner of speaking (after all, it doesn't need to be very obvious -look at Decisive Pumpkin!). Heh, just because Ven's shattered (after being frozen and chucked over the edge of a cliff) and Terra's is huge and can transform, doesn't mean they aren't Keyblades.

As we know pretty much nothing about Keyblades, we can't really judge whether they are or aren't. We don't know whether Keyblades are unable to be broken when flash-frozen and hit really hard. We don't know whether Keyblades need Keychains to BE Keyblades. There's never been any certification from the makers of the games to say that!

Or if there has, I've never had ANY glimpse of it.

17. P Banned

Yes, I know it is more than likely that the things ARE keyblades, but what I am trying to say is that they differ from Sora and Co.

They have no chain, Sora and co. do. Ven's shatters, I doubt that Sora's could.

Also with the shattering, if the shattering was magical (and I mean purely directed AT the blade) then I would let it go, but freezing the owner and hurling them off a cliff does not seem like it would work with Sora. After all, the Kingdom key has been frozen before, and it did not break.

As for the keychains being unneeded, not necessarily.

Baldy and his friend had keychains and they kicked the crap out of Ven, terra and Aqua. Put it down to "skill" if you want, but even so, I doubt the victors would have the weaker weapon.

You can say none of it has been explicitly talked about before, but you still have left no account for the missing things.

By all means point out that there is nothing to say that a keyblade needs a keychain, but provide a reason for there not being any. I honestly doubt it was a developers error.

18. ArkofCovenant Moogle Assistant

i read a theory somewhere that there are a limited number of "master keyblades" that have keychains and then there are many uh... not-master keyblades that were less powerful but there were many of them and they cant change form. A "master keyblade" can then take the shape and any unique elements of any non-master keyblade by attaching a corresponding keychain. This is supported by the fact that we see what appears to be star seeker in the field of keyblades but it is lacking a chain. also, the "master keyblades" cannot shatter and have "magic powers" such as locking/unlocking things. the not-master keyblades can shatter and have limited power.

note this IS NOT my theory. I beleive i read it on another site somewhere and in no way am i claiming coming up with this

19. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    Keyblades don't have to look like keys , inorder to be a keyblade .

1 . Some look like keys .

2. Keys can unlock things , and so these blades have the power to unlock things .

You do notice Riku's keyblade in Kh2 in the end .

It looks like a bat wing . ^ ^

20. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

When has the Kingdom Key been frozen? I don't remember that...

Hooo... You say you can't see how chainless blades could be equals of those with chains... I can't see what the big deal about the Keychains is. From what I can tell, they merely act as a way for a single blade to take on the form and abilities of another... That's the theory that makes the most sense to me.