Birth by Sleep Keyblades at all?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by P, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

They shouldn't be. They don't have key chains, and every Keyblade we've seen thus far in KH has had one.

Even the old man's. Therefore, they are probably not keyblades. Unless there's something we don't know about and somehow they don't need to have keychains. lol

2. P Banned

Well, I think that Mickey is indeed the mouse at the end. He was just rather worried. He is seeing Kingdom hearts being summoned and (perhaps) witnessing his friends dying.

Also the only other keychainless blade is the Heart opener.

3. Kingdom///97.2 Traverse Town Homebody

Ok people there are alot of real keyblades in the Trailer Like Fenrir Punkenhead and alot more just look closely

Unless you mean The Three main ones Like Sora,s Rku,s Mickey,s BUT we are leaving someone very importent out KAIRI if you remember corecty Kairi has one to Tell me if you AGREE.

4. P Banned

Commented on Kari before, I am going to ignore it, as it has not been shown ever again. When Sora, Mickey and Riku unlock the door at the end of the game, Kairi is not one of them, so I think that her keyblade is not really counted. Besides, where does hers fit into these being not true keys?

Also, where does Fenrir and Pumpkin head rest in the battle? Kindly provide pictures.

Sorry, but I really do not understand what you are trying to say. There is clearly a reason for the lack of keychains.

5. Roxas2605 Traverse Town Homebody

Remember around that time Mickey was probably under the tutorship of yen sid

6. Illusionary Oblivion Merlin's Housekeeper

... If the blades we see Terra, Ven, and Aqua using ARE just lumps of metal, as Pika_power put it... then they'd have to be very POWERFUL 'lumps of metal'...

Take the 'Lingering Spirit'/'Enigmatic Soldier' battle.... If it's not a Keyblade, then it's something new and possibly even more powerful... A bike, a whip, a 'grenade'-launcher! It takes all of those forms...

And since when has the WEAPON someone has indicated how high they are on the general 'power' list? MX has a Keyblade, no-one's arguing about that... DS has a Keyblade... I don't THINK anyone's arguing about that...

It seems to me that the lack of Keychains on Terra, Aqua, and Ven's weapons could just mean that they made them, and as such don't need the Keychain to help summon those ones in particular... But then, that's just me...

7. Nobody_XIII Traverse Town Homebody

Maybe it is a little bit off topic, but I know one thing for sure and that is that we can't customize keyblades in birth by sleep as long as they are keychain-less >_>

8. Doukuro Chaser

I agree with you. Nice theory. And wow....powerful lumps of metal

Unless you add keychains?

9. Nobody_XIII Traverse Town Homebody

You are right. but how can you add keychains to these keyblades?

Attached Files:

10. Enigmatic XIV Merlin's Housekeeper

I think I see a keychain on the end of Ven's and aplace to put one for Aqua and Terra. Not sure though...

11. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I don"t think that they are keyblades at all. We havent seen them function as keyblades yet. I believe they are just weapons that look like keys. They have some magical properties, but they seem only like swords...

12. ChaosFinale Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah, that's a Keyblade apparantly. There are so many of them.

13. P Banned

Wow. Still alive? Fascinating. Admittedly I am slightly embarassed to be caught in my newbdays, but meh.

The point I am trying to make is that there is a strong difference between a chaserblade and a keyblade. Mickey also has a keychain, so take that how you will.

14. s_rank90 Merlin's Housekeeper

they could be keyblades, after all, the keyblades that sora has could just be "keychains" that transform his kingdom key into another keyblade . maybe all the keyblade arround the field are real, but just have limited abilities. There can also be many kinds of keyblades too, like Ven's but the egnimatic soldiers a bit off.

15. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Last time I recall, the keychains are what give the master the wide array of keyblades.

I don't believe we have seen their full powers yet. Let me remind you those were only trailers.

16. P Banned

And there we go. They run on spirit energy. Now that makes more sense.

So if they run off spirit energy, and master Xehanort has a chained one, I would say that Xehanort found out about hearts, and started experimenting with them. He discovered the power of darkness, and what abilites it leant the heart. As such, he crafted his own blade to react to his heart.

Now if only I can think of an explanation for the shattering. Perhaps because Ven was close to death, and his spirit could no longer sustain the blade?

Yes, I think I have it. The Chaserblades require the user's spirit energy. If the user has no spirit energy to spare, the blade weakens and looses its properties. This is what is seen in the graveyard, and what happens to Ven's. If the spirit energy is especially strong, the blade can be manipulated completely. Chaserblades are crafted, and are not as secured to the owner as Keyblades are.

Keyblades form a bond with the heart, and draw off the keybearer's memories to attain new forms. This happens when a trinket is attached to it that represents a memory. A keyblade does not have the fault of smashing if the heart is too weak. Instead it seeks a new owner. This can be problematic, but the owners are able to fortify ownership of the blades with friendship. Without that, they loose some of the greater abilites, such as summoning the keyblades. (Sora and Roxas fight represents this, as does Roxas and Riku fight.)

The soultaker is still a wildcard.

17. Scott Pilgrim Banned

In the trailer when Terra's keyblade was shown it looked more like when roxas was in the fake twilight town and got kingdom key (with the data effect.) And it was also like when sora makes his keyblade appear. It's kinda like a crossover.

18. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Someone may have said this before.

It could be possible that they are either,

A. "Fake" Keyblades that have been crafted from the same metal as a keyblade, but not a keyblade in it's own right, or

B. A "Proto"-Keyblade. Take into account that this is ten years before the normal storyline, something of a prequel to the series. Like human history in weapons, designs may change. The design you talk about may be a precursor to the keyblade we have today. The original guns were usually long, not very accurate, and unreliable. This may be the case, seeing as this certain type of keyblade can "shatter". Though, you should also take into account that the keyblade was frozen when it shattered.

19. P Banned

I added a tad more on. Can I please have your opinion on this theory?

20. Scott Pilgrim Banned

They lack keychains because they are the originl ones. Even kingdom key is a keychain and thats as basic as it got before bbs was shown.