Community KH-Vids.net in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Clawtooth, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

KH-Vids in Final Fantasy XIV – A Realm Reborn

Hey guys! I hope that you’re having a fantastic time back at school/work/whatever.

About a month ago, Square Enix’s re-vamped version of Final Fantasy XIV was released into the public. I know that both Misty and I have been playing it a lot and we’re really enjoying it.

So, for a while now, we’ve been thinking about how much we'd like to enjoy it with all of you!

What I would like to propose for anyone playing the game is that we start community of our own members on there so we can play, bond and have fun together as the MMORPG experience should be enjoyed.

Server Information

We are currently housed on the Ultros server in the US/EU cluster.

This is because both Misty and I’s main characters are on this server and for reasons stated below, it would be better if we can have access to our higher levelled characters.

This is not to say that you have to jump ship to join us – if you already have a group of friends on another server then we totally understand.

What we can do?

Well here’s the thing:

In FFXIV there are two main ways of forming communities. There are Linkshells which are kind of like chatrooms which you can talk to other players in, and there are Free Companies, which - if you know anything about MMORPGs – are like Guilds.

Linkshells are formed by any group of people who can be added to them. If I recall correctly you can have as many as Eight at a time, so you can be part of eight communities essentially. You can use these to ask for advice, help with quests, dungeons, crafting etc, and generally have a nice chat at the same time.

Free Companies on the other had are a one-of. You can only be a member of one at a time and they will make a small tag (e.g. <KHV>) appear underneath your name. Free Companies have a lot of the same benefits as Linkshells because they allow the Guild chat option where anyone in the guild can chat to each other. In addition though, the Free Companies give their members certain bonuses depending on how many members they have and other factors. These things can allow members in a free company to gain more experience from battles/crafting – so they can really benefit your gameplay in general!

What will we be doing?

Well, my proposal is this:

1. Create a Linkshell. Linkshells are easy to make , can since you only need two people to have the chat it’s very easy. We will use this to gauge how many people are interested in the game.
    2. If the demand and activity in the Linkshell is high enough then we can talk about forming a Free Company. To form a Free Company you need four members with at least one class over level 25 (which is why we are using the server with Misty and I’s pre-existing characters), and it needs to be affiliated with a Grand Company (you’ll know what these are if you play the game). Which Grand Company you’re affiliated with doesn’t actually change anything.
    3. Have fun!
    The system of Final Fantasy XIV and MMORPGs in general is really co-operation based. We would be able to get people together to run dungeons or fight bosses, grind to level up classes, even make gear and weapons for each other. It would just be another fun way to interact with fellow members on the site.

Words of Caution and Advice

Since this will be a KHV official group, there will be moderation and such as part of it.

The Administrators of both the Linkshell and, hopefully eventually, the Free Company, will be moderating the chats and interactions within the group according to KHV rules and guidelines, with a few exceptions determined by the context of the online game.

Obviously, interactions between members who are not part of the group or site are out of our control and therefore you should access the proper channels within the game to resolve any issues.

In addition, the content of the game is a little over the recommended age range for the site, and so we take no responsibility for that either.

These rules are subject to change at any time, so pay attention!

In short, be sensible and have fun!

Conclusion

If you would like to be part of this group please send me a tell or a friend request in-game. My character's name is Lux Felix. If I am not available at the time because I am offline, please send me a message on here and we'll arrange a time when we are both online.

Alternatively, you can attempt to contact Misty - her name in game is Eda Lefchild.

Reminder: We are on the Ultros server/world in the NA/EU cluster.

I hope to see a few of you (at least) in game so we can have loads of fun together.

May you ever walk in the light of the Crystal.

Clawtooth~

2. Misty gimme kiss

Really excited for this! We gun have lots of fun. :B

3. C This silence is mine

Just started the game a couple of days ago, but it will be sweet to play it with you guys. My wireless keyboard crapped out on me yesterday though, so just wait until I get a new one before joining.

4. Arc Kingdom Keeper

I'll probably join up with this eventually, the server issues that plagued the game at open beta/launch kind of caused me to drift away a little bit and get invested in other things with how long they took to fix it (I sat for 2 days for 4 hours+ trying to log in those first like 2 weeks) new game+inability to log in caused me to wander back over to WoW to kill time and stuff, as well as some other non-video game hobbies being started. I really loved this game though, so I'm debating on buying some time and coming back to it

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I'd definitely recommend it. The server issues they had to begin with are pretty much gone now. Actually. I was kinda happy they had server issues because that showed that there was immensely more interest in the game than they anticipated. But yeah, I'd give it some though.