KH-Vids: The Video Game

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Roxas, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Roxas OG

After the unsurprising success of KH-Vids Royale, and the fact that it engaged readers by actually containing them int he story, I have decided to start KH-Vids.net: The Video Game. This is a full-fledged RPG covering many different people from the forum, but I'm sure you want to see a few pics of what I've got so far:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The game will include quite a few playable characters, the main one being Deathspank.

Plot: The plot right now is shallow (I've just started the game), but Deathspank is asleep in his bed when a man named Baron comes and takes him away. When he awakes, he's in a rundown, torn up, burning village where he is told by Baron to fight for the protection of the people of the town. He is sent to fight with a few individuals who strike him as familiar; those inidividuals go by the names of Monkey, Arc, Rpxas, and Darky. He brings up KH-Vids to Roxas and Darky, who reply by saying Baron brought them to the village in their sleep. Who is Baron? Why did he gather members of the forum together to fight?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The game will feature plenty of cameos from KH-Vids users, the bigwigs comign first, but other members finding their way into the mix (you can find them in houses in towns, and some will be squeezed into the plot). You will gain experience from defeating monsters, grow levels, fight secret bosses, work your way through optional dungeons and sidequests, search for the ultimate weapons, and unravel a mystery as you play.

[​IMG]

The battle system isn't turn-based, but run by an ATB system, used in popular games such as FF7 and 9. You will learn new spells and skills and earn an array of armors and weapons as you play through the game. Each character has their own unique spells, skills, and abilities which you can utilize in battle by spending MP.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm having a lot of fun working on this game. I hope this thread gets people excited (I like to do that), as this game is going to be amazing. I can promise you that much.

Here you can discuss what you see in the pictures, theories, what you want to see in the game, who you'd like to see int he game, etc.

KH-Vids: The Video Game coming soon.

[​IMG]

2. Soushirei 運命の欠片

What program are you using for this? I remember an old forum I used to be staff on (Square Spirit Legends) was doing the exact same thing, making a game based on the members of the forum. The developer was using RPGMaker. I was just one of the script writers.

Which prog are you using, out of curiosity?

3. Yozora Archer

Sweet so you made all that stuff? Nice game Roxas your getting me excited.
    I can't wait for this game!

4. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

Cool, I'd like to play this, nice work

5. Roxas OG

RPG Maker 2k3.

6. Darkandroid Gets it Together

It's looking good Roxas. Can't wait to play it.

7. Soushirei 運命の欠片

2k3... o_o I think that was the same one.

Although the character sprites weren't as good as the ones you're using. Did you import them from somewhere?

Then again, I don't think I had a good look at the character archive of 2k3.

8. Roxas OG

I'm using sprites that don't come with the actual 2k3, imported from the internet. The person may have been using RPGMaker '95 or 2k. The best is XP. Nintendo DS graphics, active battle systems, day and night, but I have the illegal version and odn't like suing it.

9. AnimeGirl104 Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't wait to play it!^_^

10. Roxas OG

Is there anything in particular anybody would like to see in the game? Certain bosses? Music?

11. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Pretty cool!!! I would definately play it!!!

12. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I'm interested in the music.

And also what role I will play in it. If i'm in it. ^_^

13. Yozora Archer

Yeah I hope I'm in it. How about if as you continue the game you get cards? Maybe the cards could be for secret levels?

14. AnimeGirl104 Hollow Bastion Committee

I wonder If I'm gonna be in the game.I hope so.

15. Roxas OG

Darkandroid, as a mod, it would be unfair if I didn't put you in the game. Whether a minor or major character, I'm sure you'll be in it. (Which means yes, you will be.)

What I really want to know is what types of secret bosses and sidequests/minigames you think would be a fun addition to the game.

16. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Make a DarkAndroid and Mish duo an uber secret boss battle. XD

17. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Maybe some of the "not really respected members" be enimies or minor characters? This is too good to be true.

18. Roxas OG

Actually, Zexion, I was definitely thinking of doing that.

Like with rat, for example XD. Although Zexion, I'm going to put you in a more important spot in this game.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I wise I was a character. I'm cool right? :( But anyway looks awsome.

20. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

o_0 This is interesting....