KH-Vids User Awards: Info & FAQ

Discussion in '2016' started by Plums, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey everyone! As some of you may know, the User Awards run every summer. It is getting time for the 2016 Awards! This thread will have some general information on the Awards, and is your go-to spot for any questions or suggestions you might have (excluding category suggestions).

Nominating
    When will nominations be opened?
    When category submissions have ended, nominations will be opened. This will likely be August 17th.

How many members can I nominate per category? Can I nominate myself?
    You may nominate two members per category. For couple categories (e.g. Cutest Fake/Real Couple, Best Bromance, etc.), you may nominate two couples; for thread categories, two threads, and so on.

Do note that for “worst” categories (e.g. Worst Female Member), you may only nominate yourself. Nominations for other users will be discarded. These are the only categories in which you may nominate yourself; however, for couple categories, you may nominate a couple you are a part of.

When nominating, use a member’s current username. Nicknames, real names, or former usernames will be discarded.

Please do not nominate inactive members. The 2016 User Awards cover the period from the end of the 2015 Awards (roughly August of 2015) to the present, so consider that when nominating. For example, if Joey was a Sectional Moderator in February of 2015, but left in March of 2015, do not nominate him for Best Sectional Moderator 2016.

How do I send in my nominations?
    When nominations are opened, staff members accepting nominations will be listed. Please send only one message to each staff member. For example, even though you are sending Xavier your Thread Nominations and Best/Worst Member Nominations, just include it all in one message.

Please directly copy and paste the categories. You do not have to nominate for each category—just leave an N/A in the space. For example, even if I choose to not nominate anything for Thread Nominations, I will still include it in my message.

Voting
    Public Polls & Alternate Accounts
    Polls will be public, therefore we can check if someone is creating alternate accounts to boost votes for a particular member. If you are found doing so, you will be removed from this year’s awards, and will face our typical alternate account punishment.

Likewise, other users can see who you are voting for.

Can I vote for myself?
    You may only vote for yourself in a couple category (e.g. if Joey and Jim are in the running for Best Bromance, Joey can vote for the Joey & Jim Bromance).

In other categories, if you vote for yourself, you will be dropped from the category.

I want to change my vote!
    If the poll is still open, message @Plums about changing your vote.

Misc.
    If you would like to withdraw from the User Awards entirely, message me and I will take you out of any category you’re nominated for. I can also remove you from any polls you appear in. Please do keep in mind, however, that the awards are all in good fun—so don’t feel too bad if you’re submitted for Biggest Post Whore!

If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this thread. Have fun!

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Figured I'd put this here!

For a few categories, we've only had one nomination, so the following nominees win by default:

Best AMV
    Isn't it Strange? by @tribbles

Best Original Story
    Prom Night by @flowergothic

Best Photographer
    @Ghost (x)

Best Traditional Artist
    @Fearless (x)

Best Video Editor
    @Cat

Most Improved Artist
    @Shuhbooty (1, 2, 3)

Best Use of Music in an RP
    RE: Mario's High School Days ( @Roxam @NutheadBros )

Most Memorable Roleplay Moment
    Symphonia in Kingdom Hearts SOS ( @Krowley )

Pins will be awarded for these categories at the conclusion of the awards! Congrats!

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

The Awards should all be closed by the end of today! Winners will be announced within the next week, and pins handed out shortly after that!

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

Oh u sweet summer child

Pins will be awarded beginning this week, and should all be distributed by the new year. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot a PM my way, and thanks for another year of user awards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.