KH2FM: Marluxia vs. Cloud [TEST]

Discussion in 'Video Showcase' started by The Graceful Assassin, Aug 24, 2011.

1. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Though this is only a test, I couldn't help but make it an entire video. Also, thanks to Narutosuperkubii for helping me on the way to make this. Yeah I know, these are old.

[video=youtube;IGj7ULi28Xw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGj7ULi28Xw&feature=channel_video_title[/video]​

http://www.youtube.com/user/NARUTOSUPERKUBII

2. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

I still think its pretty cool how about one of roxas vs ventus that would be exciting

3. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Can't do that.

For one thing, they're in separate games.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That's pretty cool. What caused it to make them do the same attacks except now and then though? That made it kinda boring. But still, it's cool seeing those two fight each other. I wonder in a real fight who would win

5. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

It's basically Cloud's only attack. xD

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I recommend using the object mod to get rid of chip/dale. It would make the battle look more serious.

7. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

xD

I didn't even notice. But again, it was only a test fight.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Excellent video, Grass.

You should try making a video where Axel and Demyx battle each other -- that would be pretty interesting to watch.

9. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

I suppose I could, but Ally Axel only works.

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well I like things to look as professional as possible and that is just my opinion.

Pretty much the character with a bigger AI map will end up winning and if I am not mistaken that is Demyx.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

By bigger AI map, I'm assuming you mean the location at which they're fought.

Is there a specific reason for this?

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

lol no.

Put in simple terms a character's AI map is their moves and what order they are in. This also includes if then statements.

For example sephiroth's first attack is always the same. That is because his AI map only has one choice for the first attack so 100% of the time it will be that one attack. So in a sense more attacks the stronger they are. Because why would game developers map out more attacks for a weaker character. It is more efficient this way.

13. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

He means Demyx has more AI than Axel.

14. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

._. I just said that but in a more fancy explanation.

But it isn't necessarily more AI. It could be more attacks or combinations of attacks in the AI map.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ah, I get it.

The same can be said for Demyx, then.

For example, his first attack is always the "Dance, water, dance!" attack, and then when he becomes vulnerable (second battle), his attacks randomize.

When he reaches his last HP bar, his attacks change to stronger ones.

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Yes that is the gist of it.

Meh :/ why not just post the entire explanation of how AI works. Well here goes nothing.

Here is a small (SMALL VERY VERY SMALL) example of an AI map.

[​IMG]

This is pretty easy to explain on this version. The character with this AI map will follow the order. From left to right the only attack that is there is Attack 1 so it will use that 100% of the time. Next comes Attack 2 and it is the same exact concept. Now Attack 3 will do the same thing but the last step of Attack 3 is the important part. Instead of it just going forward it will choose Attack 4, 5, or 6 accordingly. Now this is most of the time done with chance but the way AI works is you can NEVER EVER EVER EVER go backwards. You must always go forward (numerically speaking) so once it chooses 4, 5, or 6 it must go forward. Big problem right? There are no other attacks after these. Well AI tends to loop on forever thus battles can be as long as you can make them and they don't freeze.

This is what it will look like for the game but instead of it looping twice it will loop forever.

[​IMG]

Please pardon the off colors in it as that is some advanced stuff I won't be going over right now as your brains are probably already mush. Anyway lets say Demyx goes through attacks 1-3 and the game chooses 6 as his next attack. That means since you must move forward it will loop to the six ahead of it. The same thing happens again but where it says Attack 6 in dark red that is where you took his health down a bit and he is going to soon be defeated. So he goes back to attack 1-3 but this time he will pick either 4 or 5 because it is towards the end of the battle. Now in this game you DO NOT see this often if at all. Most attacks will just loop but what happens when the game picks 4 or 5 it will either freeze or trigger a cut scene animation. The reason the game freezes or triggers the end of the battle is because the 4 or 5 can not go anywhere. There are NO more attacks left, because you can not go backwards and there is nothing in front of 4 or 5.

That kids is how AI works. Now please clean up the goo that is dripping from your ears because I think I just melted your brains.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

oddly enough, I actually got the gist of it. I'm still trying to process a little bit of how the moves work, but I get it mostly

18. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

It isn't at all an easy concept especially when in practice. Think about how long it would take you to process this and the game does it in seconds. It is rather amazing.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm just wondering though. If it can't move backwards, and it goes in a loop, isn't it possible to program an attack after 4 or 5, so it doesn't freeze? Or would 4 and 5 be kinda like the last attack with Xemnas, where he fires all the lasers, but when you get past a scene happens and you basically win?

20. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Thanks for the explanation Lux, I now have a much better grasp of AIs. I always wondered what decided their attack order, I just assumed they randomly picked from a few moves that expanded as their HP went down. Still the basic same concept.

Also I found this vid pretty epic and amusing when Marluxia stepped on dale..