KH3 Boxart Revealed!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

In addition to the brand new TGS trailer, Square-Enix provided another surprise for fans today, giving us our first look at the official boxart for KH3! Check it out below:

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Krowley
      Krowley
      So something, I noticed...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Compared to the previous titles, this boxart shows everyone facing the same direction.
      Nice to see everyone is finally on the same page for once.
    2. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I always figured that was just how they chose it to be asymmetrical, especially with KH2. Though having a big bad Aizen - I mean Madara - I mean Xehanort, will probably do that to a group.

What I'm curious about is the random heartless holding the star. Also, that cityscape looks completely different. Maybe it's the world Nomura was saying was his favorite that we haven't seen yet.

Also, why is Namine on the artwork? Does she have some big role in the story? I'm surprised Ansem the Wise isn't also there than, if we're taking into account major side characters.
    3. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      It is rather curious—it's a Darkling, a Heartless from Union X. This has...concerning implications.
    4. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Well, if that's what it is,
    5. Mixt
      Mixt
      Dangit. I was banking on Back Cover being all of KHUX I needed. I've been playing events almost exclusively because the plot was just so boring. I guess on the plus side I'll be way overpowered for a long time in that mode so I should be able to crank through a lot.

Also, I'm definitely looking at details too hard, but Sora and Mickey's keyblades look off to me. The blade on Sora's should be silver, but it looks gold here. Might just be going artsy with the lighting or whatever. But then the blade on Mickey's looks silver instead of gold, and the guard has a different style.
    6. Krowley
      Krowley
      I only just noticed that there are 13 characters on the cover as well....
    7. AzzyFox
      AzzyFox
      I absolutely adore everything about this cover art.

• It immediately brings to mind the box art for the very first game, complete with its symbolism in how the characters are positioned.
      • Every hero who has played a defining role over the course of the series is here. Every previous game's story connects to this game in some way.
      • Having a Darkling in there makes one think. The Darklings were quite a shock in the story of Union χ; seeing your peers succumbing to the darkness and becoming Heartless put a surprising spin on the plot. In that regard, the Darkling is quite a significant Heartless, and I'm curious to see how it fits into the story of KH3.
      • 7 and 13 are represented quite heavily in the piece.
      My only issue is that Riku's new Keyblade is quite heavily concealed. For being such an important plot point and alteration to Riku's character, I feel it ought to be a bit more visible.
    8. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      The second I saw the cover it reminded of me the first KH cover. I love the inclusion of everyone (Namine so lonely tho ;-; ) The scenery looks so interesting. It's very urban. I do hope it's the unseen world Nomura mentioned. It's a
    9. LadyAzura
      LadyAzura
      (Namine QnQ)Is it bad if I have it as my phone background already??? xD The art is just so beautiful this time around. The colors in the sky especially look so nice and pretty!!!! I just want the game in my hands already lol
    10. Mixt
      Mixt
      I definitely did the same thing. I did end up switching it back because I didn't like it there as well as I thought I would, but you're not crazy at least. Or maybe we both are. IDK