Dream Drop Distance KH3 the key blade wars

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by WaytoDarknessXIII, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Noise For Love and Justice

Gotta read the description bro,

Its probably going to happen...evenutally. However it is not at all confirmed. I could see their being something after DDD comes out...or is almost about to be realeased. However its far far far! to early to tell.

Where did you hear this from?

this rumor isnt real because the game isnt even in pre-production yet.

Dont worry, its a rumor.

We will probably hear something about KH3 if not this winter but maybe next year some time. I know SE is super busy but KH is one of its cash cows and they are not gonna pull a Parasite Eve and make us wait 10 years for the 3rd installment. KH3 was being talked about the second KH2 was released. Its that popular.

Not to mention SE lost a lot of money and fan base due to the FF14 disaster, they are not gonna hold off on easy sales and money.

2. P Banned

I believe it was stated that KH3 would bring an end to the 'Xehanort Saga' of Kingdom Hearts, so following the cash-cow logic, it's unlikely that it'll be released too soon. After all, ending a series is an easy way to kill it, and at the moment, there's opportunity to release a bunch of spinoff titles that are easier to make than KH3, and still rake in the cash. Currently lined up is KH3D, and (possibly?) BBSv2.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Well, P brings up the financial viewpoint of it all, but there's also an explanation story-wise. Around Chain of Memories/Kingdom Hearts II, the storyline got very complicated, with the introduction of Nobodies and the twist that the "Ansem" of the first game was actually just Xehanort's Heartless. This was expanded on by Days, BBS, Re:Coded, and will be even further in Dream Drop Distance.

It's all setting up (and creating suspense) for the story of Kingdom Hearts III, which (I believe) Nomura has said will be the close of the Xehanort saga. There's still so much left to wrap up before Sora & co. can think of confronting him, and if we need more games to do that, then bring us more games.

The wait feels long and awful now, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. =]

4. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

I agree that all the fillers are important.
    Without days there would be a giant story hole with Roxas since Kh 2 only gave short flash backs on him leaving the organization.

COM was definitely needed because about HALF of the organization was eliminated in the game.

Birth by Sleep isn't really a filler and ties in well with the kh storyline while still providing a very stand alone adventure.

Coded is the only game that I think wasn't needed but still explains why the King wrote the letter and ends the Namine loop quite well.

As for Dream Drop Distance we will just have to wait and see although I'm positive that this is the final game before Kh 3. They can't seriously make another filler unless it's about Terra, Aqua and Ven again.

5. P Banned

Y HALO THAR BBSV2

Anyway, I don't think Days was necessary. It brought very little except Xion, and even her inclusion into the story wasn't that important. We could have gotten away with Roxas simply angsting his way out of the Organisation, without her being brought into it.

6. WaytoDarknessXIII Merlin's Housekeeper

I have to agree with P, in that matter of Xion. it didn't really add anything exept another reason for Roxas to have a crappy life. personaly it just made me sad having Xion in the story line. What about BBB, is it really needed for the story line?

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

BBS isn't needed for the storyline that much, as the story is understandable without it but it explains how Xehanort came about and since he's the main antagonist, I'd say it's very useful.

Also, I don't mind these fillers, they develop the story more so you get to understand their world and the characters that live within it, so sure, bring on more fillers as long as KH3 is close behind.

I am looking forward to hearing news about this game soon (well... in the next year or two) but if it's going to end the Xehanort saga then I want it to be good so I will happily wait. It would be terrible if we finally got the game found out it was poorly made.

8. WaytoDarknessXIII Merlin's Housekeeper

has anybody heard anything more about KHIII, like what else it is going to entail. like is it going to have anyspecial fighting abilities, or can sora still use Drive???

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I'm pretty sure that no details on Kingdom Hearts III have been released yet - they might not even mention it at E3 this year; be looking forward to Jump Festa though or the Tokyo Game Show (if they run it this year due to the earthquake/tsunami), they might say something there...

In truth, I think that we can't be expecting anything until at least the middle of 2012.

10. Kouichi Merlin's Housekeeper

I ever read that KH 3 will be made after SE released Final Fantasy Versus 13, and i ever read too that Nomura will make a story about Roxas(Ven) and Riku before make a story for KH 3. That's might be KH birth by sleep and KH 3D.
    They're very busy to make a lot of games this time. For example : "KH Re:coded, Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Dream Drop Distance, Dissidia 012, Final Fantasy 13-2, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy versus 13".
    They say KH 3 is far from its production... but still hoping it could be made soon.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Actually that's pretty much a fact. The team that will develop KH3(the "main" KH team) is busy making Versus and have not stopped working on it for anything outside of getting FFXIII to meet a reasonable release date. Also, Yoko Shimomura is working on the soundtrack of the game...though that hasn't stopped her from doing Birth by Sleep's, Coded's, 358/2's, and whatever else has come out during Versus's development. <<

As for the other games you've listed, they won't affect the development of KH3.

12. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

Nomura would never stop in a series as awesome as this. So I'm dying to play it

13. Kouichi Merlin's Housekeeper

That was right but i mean... Square Enix will release those games first before release Final Fantasy versus XIII besides Final Fantasy XIII-2, Type-0, KH Dream Drop Distance will be indeed shown at the 2011 TGS but without Versus XIII. So that's mean Versus XIII will take a little time before it release.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I don't think we should hold our breathe over when KH3 will come out, as people have said it will most likely be after Versus 13. But we'll probably start hearing about it at some point next year, that is my guess. I remember someone once saying that Nomura was planning something special for 2013 (Kingdom hearts series 10th birthday) which coulc possibly be KH3 but it depends how quickly they make it.

15. Kouichi Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah.... he is planning something. Some news were said that will be a new KH game (not 3D) which has the all of story KH on a moment. And there is also a rumor about 'Nomura was originally hoping to announce 2 new titles at E3, one other than Kingdom Hearts 3D,' what could it be?

16. Zexion King's Apprentice

that would take a long time..
    they've been working on Final Fantasy Rei-shiki/Type-0 and Final fantasy XIII Versus.
    i bet This game (KH 3) would be released in XBOX or PS3.. or even 3DS and PSVita

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that The Keyblade Wars was a fan name / nickname for Birth by Sleep.

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yeah, the Keyblade Wars is a fan name for BBS.
    However, it's an actual plot related thing (as seen from Xehanort mentioning in the last fight against TVA), as it was one of the first conquests to create the X-Blade, iirc.

19. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

But I would like to see a game about The Keyblade War and Maybe Yen Sid when he was a Keyblade Master.

20. Plums Wakanda Forever

I'm not sure if they will do a game about the Keyblade Wars, unfortunately. :/
    At most I think we're ever going to see of it is a cutscene about it in KH: Dream Drop Distance or KH3.

Though, Nomura did say that there would be more stories for Sora after the Xehanort Saga (aka KH3) is done, so this could be a possibility. Again, I woudn't get my hopes up.