Kingdom Hearts II KHII is kinda sexist...?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by venster, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krowley Moderator

I noticed some of that and mosty of the worlds they went to had a couple in it

Land of Dragons - mulan and the captain guy
    Beasts Castle - Belle and beast
    Atlantis (not a very good level) - Ariel and eric
    Agrabah - Aladdin and Jasmine
    Olympus Collesium - Hercules and Meg

the list goes on...

2. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

That's because it was foreshadowing Sora and Kairi getting back together at the end. The second game was very couple-y ^_^ I love it!

3. NervousTyler Moogle Assistant

Org. XIII had and Roxas within it !!!

4. saix551 Kingdom Keeper

gag me >.> i didn't pay attention to that. XDD but there's way too many girls in this game for it to be sexist.

5. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

Wth are you talking about? O-o

6. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Yeah this is a good explanation. I have been noticing that a few times over my "KH Playing Years" though. Your theory makes sense.

7. water mage Kingdom Keeper

No Marluxia is not a female according to the creator. He is actually a guy and was given a masculine voice to point this out in the english version of COM so people wouldn't jump to specualtions and conclusions. It is true he is very femine, but that is like saying Sesshomaru from Inuyasha is a female and he is anything but. Just because one is graceful doesn't mean they are suspected to be women. It all has to do with japanese culture as well.

8. Animaniagirl Traverse Town Homebody

I understand what you mean, but meh its all good hahaha it's good or girls to like as well because... more male characters lol ;D

9. I always look back at it. I mean, sure, we have a satisfying amount of female characters when you take the crossovers of Disney and FF together. But, you also have to recall that they were developed and grew strong in their own stories and proper placement titles. Which were done by other people. KH just brings those established characters into the one universe. When we take at KH itself, and its original characters, that in turn judges the writers and creator, the lack of original females is astounding compared to how many original males have been made for it. Larxene made a strong impression, but she was offed with very few scenes in CoM. Kairi is not the best role model as of the moment. Olette has minimal scenes as well. Xion and Aqua appear in their own game until proven otherwise. It doesn't help that half of them are Kairi-looking clones, somewhat related, that are much more better characters than the actual effort the original was given. It's like Nomura, or his team, cannot give a important role to a female unless she somewhat resembles Kairi in some form or way, while the others who do not look like her get thrown to the side. It's stupid, unfair, repetitive, and questions his creativity and lack of direction. The only way females could fight too is if they only have a Keyblade, excluding Larxene, thankfully. While Olette and Naminé aren't fighters. The fact that it's been said the Organization retain their human form when one is of a strong Heart, and only Larxene, being female, was among 11 others, well, you can reach your own conclusions. Minus that Xemnas is sexist himself, and chauvinistic, so it makes me think Larxene must have made a impression on him enough in skill to let her in. Yet, is she a rare case of the Nobody female population?

Now, does it mean I think it's sexist? It depends. It could be viewed as such, but that really goes to Nomura, and his explanation as to why he does half of the things he does to the females he originally creates. I think he's going at it very wrongly, and I see a bunch of potential in the females he has already that could be done to make them amazing and great characters that can surpass the amount of males altogether. Quality over Quantity, is what I'm trying to say. It's just either he's blinded, can't see it, or doesn't want to make KH a two disc game.

For the other interesting subject, I personally do think KH is geared to the female audiences more, if you ask me. For one thing, as weird as it would sound coming from a female herself, the chest area is greatly reduced in the game. What looks like B-cups, which would be Aqua, Larxene, and Aerith, would really be C-cups. And the actual chest that looks normal sized is Tifa's [I'm sure many were disappointed], but she's suppose to be a D or higher >.>. There's also the fact that, among all the male fanservice in the Organization, the Org. cloak reduces the chest area even more [and you won't notice she's well-endowed until she turns to the side for the actual length. And yes, I'm taking Larxene as the prime example], makes me feel somewhat bad for the guys xD. Along with the chest area switching sizes sometimes randomly [it's not hard to notice, even for me, as I usually glue my vision on Axel and how sexy he is in such pretty graphics x3]. Granted, it's probably because of the age range, but I saw Disney have no problem with showing Ariel in a representation of a bra for the kiddies -_-.

Second, we get a huge amount of bishonen in KH. Like, huge. Enough for the females to drool over multiple times, and go nuts with their, uh, imaginations, let's put it in that context. We get loads of fanservice. If the target audience is neutral, why not make it equal? To add this in, girls also seemed more proned to men. I've seen multiple examples where yaoi fangirls throw a fit when a woman gets in their way of their "male love". And in polls, if you notice, the bishies of Organization XIII always gets the most poll results, no matter what the topic or question is, instead of choosing and respecting their own female model in Larxene. Something to think about.

Third, the "unintentional" yaoi vibes from each circle of male friendship. I believe in Bromance, and not all best friends have to be homosexuals or have butt sex to be anymore special. Friendship is a strong root and bond in itself that can even be above romantic love. And not all love has to be romantic either. I'm not going to marry my mother or cousin, you know. But really, Axel's last lines to Sora in his death bed, and Sora dropping to his knees and grabbing Riku's hands while spilling tears? Among other examples. I am firm in that they are best friends only because:
    1. They refer to each other that way, in their thoughts or outspoken. The Novels even have Axel labeling Roxas as a kid and that he was always too big for the white throne he sat in, and...needless to say, any romantic implications from that point of view he sees Roxas in scares the shit out of me for obvious reasons. I rather not butcher a character for the sake of fantasy, thanks.
    2. If they had some fetish, secret feelings, or liked each other, you would think they would have admitted it by now after long years. Or have pondered over what to do, and worry about their emotions, and whatnot. None of that exists.
    3. There are heavy differences in which Roxas, and Sora, interact with their females, than their best friends. While I don't agree with her insertion, a good example of this is Roxas touching Xion's hand in Days. And Naminé reaching out her hand to Roxas in the darkness ala Cloud and Aerith's in AC as well, and the CGI ending of them in KH2. They also range to even hugs. Not to mention the romantic implications of Sora and Kairi. The dude daydreamed of dancing with her, and blushed, according to Donald and Goofy.

SO. No, they are not gay. Too bad, so sad.

The point is, you can't blame the fangirls either with what they get in the vague messages.

And fourth, is the lack of females in general that guys can really oggle at. I don't know how they feel about looking at Disney girls from their childhood memories. Or what they find attractive. But, unlike anime I rather not mention that really give them their approppiate fanservice, KH is lacking in that level.

10. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

....Whoa O_O That is probably the longest post I've ever seen... Somebody needed to rant...

11. -Jay- Moogle Assistant

lol Did any 1 read this XD

12. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

I read the bolded words cause they jumped out at me. The rest was kind of a blur...

13. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

No, i am reading impared today.........sorry but Org. XIII is sexist......

14. Awwww, come on.

There's much better done by someone else :P.

15. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

I was just kidding.......I did read it Nd the part about the wired fetish was funny....

16. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

No, thats not what its saying. But Nomura, the guy who wrote the story, did say that Xemnas is sexist. And views women as weaker then men. Question answered.

17. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

To a point yes it is sexist, but most creators that are guys almost always have a majority of male characters and few females. It is just the way things are. I guess in their mind males are the stronger and more capable species. The bishonion and yaoi or so forth fan service can be invaded in any way where some fans rub it in your face while others keep it to themselves. The use of the imagination and trying to find proof that a certain character cares for this other one. Yeah in friendship, but it can be wierd to think of it in a different way as well. All in matter of opinion. Perhaps the creator didn't want the chance of having any of his characters to be in any romantic in any way. so instead he hints certain characters to do flirting and sensual touches to show some kind of interest or forshadow of a character liking. We all know that Sora cares for Kari, but nothing is further than that. With the organization characters the thing is more vague because these are beings that aren't supposed to have hearts or feelings yet a few act upon it. A more complicating situation if you think about it. Larxene being the only female and picked up by Xigbar so he must of tested her or something to see that she was worth being brought in. Then you have her surrounded by 11 males, but shortly she must have earned their respect from some of them unless you count the jealous senior members. Supposely they didnt think that having a bunch of rebels and young members would tear the organization down. The only problem shoved in the background and only more character development found in novels rather than games. Overall Xenmas is sexist, it is proven and even thought that Marluxia was a girl at first, lol. Larxene is a special case indeed, it seems that the members that Xaldin and Xigbar brought in were in fact male and Xigbar just got lucky finding a female. He couldn't even say the name Marluxia when he brought him in, so he was probably skeptical of him as well. The thing that doesn't add up is that in certain scenes in the game, of Kingdom Hearts FM there is a feeling that Xenmas wanted more organization members rather than just 13.

18. Dark Link Banned

Nothing of it was sexist now was it? Im confused .-.

19. Kenni-Chan King's Apprentice

Marluxia was meant to be a girl... So they didn't go totally sexist... =]

20. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

i agree. it may just be coincidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.