KHV: Blood of the Cascade

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Plums, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Stardust Chaser

NooOOOOOOooooO CHEV, SABBY ;__________;.

The fact that I know the truth probably means I won't be alive much longer. Eeeek.

Also what is it with Story!me and ship tease moments?! You're doing this on purpose! xD

Fruitbending = scary lolol. Anyhoo, best chapter so far imo, nicely done! My jaw dropped several times, extremely tense o___o

Update again soon!

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

OMG, I finally died. Misty, you tramp. And Sabby had such a gruesome death. RUN, STARDUUUUST, RuuuUUN like hell! This is your chance. Before she kills you.
    My abilities seemed so cool. And, lol, fruitbending.This is definitely getting exciting. I want to see what happens now. Specially since it seems Misty's so powerful now. Hope to see an update soon.

3. Jayn

Oh gosh. This is lovely. It's humorous, because of the ridiculousness of it, but it has just a pinch of genuine darkness. You did very well with this, son. Mother is proud.

I suppose I could say I didn't really read this to critique much. Your writing style is simple enough, easy to read and understand and that's a good thing for me. Leaves more room for enjoying it and takes away from the annoyance of trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Keep writing, you're good at it! c:

4. Misty gimme kiss

so who else thinks that Sabby and Stardust are (or were, heh) totes in a secret lesbian relationship?
    That's why Stardust is having some whore moments, she's trying to throw people off of their trail.
    Clever you two, but I am on to you. c:<

Anyway, I am sorry to all of the people I have killed. D; I am sure I have some sort of redeeming story at the end.
    Maybe.

I swear I'm not actually this big of a *****.

Anyhoo Plumsy, excellent writing. I like how it's actually pretty creepy stuff that's off put by things like mangoes and calling Chev queer, all fun things in my book. <3 Keep going.

5. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I agree with Misty. This chapter had a lot of SabbyXStardust shipteasing and I'm liking it >>

Misty being a psychopathic complete monster is both hilarious and chilling at the same time. Also where did she get the power to freeze people? Is it a Jedi thing? Or did you she steal it from another member. I'm also assuming that every member of KHV has some sort of power too, right?

In the end, the writing is pretty good Plums. While there are a few mistakes here and there, it's a good read. Keep the chapters coming :D

Can I be featured in the story? Pretty please :3

6. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Holy shiznit. >.>
    1. why am in like some weird sexual innuendo? XD
    2. God I just cried at my death xD

this story is so good, funny and scary. D:

<3 Please let me return xD

7. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I think we need to change the name of this place to Academy City. Still reading on the off chance you guys find the Dragon Balls. We all know who you'd wish back first.

Also, jutting not jetting.

Peace.

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Five: Last Stand of Crimson

Note from Plums: I'm really iffy about the end of this. It was sort of rushed on my part, since my brothers aren't leaving me alone. Anyway, character development occurs.

She kicked you before you had a chance to run. You pursed your lips as you fell back to the ground. Your wandering eyes met the frozen gaze of Sabby. The permanent scream on her face rebounded through your mind. It was like a comet dashing through space, forever lost; never-ending. You heard the sound of footsteps. Misty was standing above you, her foot slowly pulling back. She kicked you once again, her mouth watering at your painful grunts.

"Come on Star, this is too easy." You felt yourself being lifted up. You were face to face with Misty, her blue eyes pools of fury. In them, you believed you could see the dread of loss and the faces of the dead; all of them dancing to a soundless rhythm of chaos. Misty pulled her leg back and, with a smile, shoved her knee into your stomach. You could feel the air in your lungs escaping inch by inch as the red head continued her assault. After what seemed to be a full minute of agony, Misty pushed you back into the nearest tree. Your breath came in heavy installments. Your body was pleading for more air. Your eyes locked onto Misty in a frenzied, fearful gaze. The girl was still smiling as she wrapped her hands around the sides of your head. With a sickening cackle, she began to smash your head against the tree. Your vision became blurred with a cesspool of colors. Blue and green stars darted over the horizon, while red, violet and orange stars thrust themselves up to the sky. Your head felt as though it were imploding into itself over and over again. You raised your fist and punched Misty in the face. She laughed as she let go of your head and slapped you to the ground with the back of her hand. Your heels detached themselves from your bare feet as you hit the earth.

"Righteous fury will get you nowhere. I thought you learned that when you saw the vision of dear Chevy and I." Misty raised her right hand towards a tree. It spilt down the middle, a mass of water seeping in its place. She lowered it down near your feet, the cool sting piercing your body’s warmth. You gasped as the water began to wrap itself around you. You wanted to fight it; you wanted to burst free, defeat Misty and save KHV. But it wasn't about KHV anymore. It wasn't about the lives of the other living members. All that mattered to you were the dead. Plums, Nova, Jiku, Forsaken, Fearless, Chev...and Sabby. Their names were scars on your soul; an infinite reminder of how much of a failure you believed yourself to be. You longed to be with them; to hear them, to feel them. Death was something you accepted. As the water covered your face, you felt your mouth move as you whispered the words of acceptance: Memento mori. You looked up to Misty once more, the girl’s smile a twisted, dark expression. You felt you heart sink as you noticed Sabby’s frozen head resting in the palm of her hand.

"How much does it hurt, Star? How does the guilt of knowing you could do nothing to save Sabby feel? Does it pierce you? Does it make you want to cry?" You could see her fingers tighten around the girl's head. You tried to scream, but the water drowned out the sound. It began to rush into your lungs, your limbs a flailing dance of despair. Your eyes, burning with the proximity of death, met Misty’s. The girl's finger started to apply more pressure, Sabby's head slowly cracking. Pieces of it dropped to the ground, shattering into mere splinters. A bubble of pure hatred rose within you as you looked on absolutely helpless. Misty raised her eyebrows mockingly. Her fingers closed into a fist. Sabby's head shattered into billions of tiny ice splinters, her final scream fleeting through the air. Misty flashed a smile, her pearly white teeth shimmering at you. The hatred within you exploded outward. You could feel your veins filling with the pure, white hot emotion. You screamed, this time the sound escaping the water. Specks of star shaped light shone through your prison. Misty merely stared as the water dissipated, freeing you from its confines. Your black dress was torn along the shoulders and stomach. You could feel a loose tooth in your mouth. You spat it to the ground as Misty laughed.

"You expect me to be afraid of you, don't you Star?"

"That's the general idea."

"Please. Even when you had Sabby with you, you two weren't even close to being a threat to me." The moon was shining overhead, the stars swimming around the glow. You lifted your right arm up to the sky, your index finger pointing at Misty. A star shined; a beam of light fell to the Earth, hitting Misty in the chest. She fell to her knees coughing. Her mouth was dripping with saliva. Her eyes turned to you, bewildered, as you snapped your fingers. Your ruined dress became bathed in a red light. When the light disappeared, you were wearing a pair of denim jeans and a black midriff. Your belly button was tickled by the air, a silver and crimson jewel sitting idly within it. A red and green bandanna covered your hair, embroidered with cartoon faces of the Crimson Corps Police Squad. Misty gazed at you mockingly, rising to her feet once again.

“You’ve crossed the line.†You raised your fists before you.

“I’m disappointed, Star. I expected you to be much better at witty banter. It only goes to show how well Chev must have trained you. And I put extra emphasis on the ‘well’.â€

“Don’t you dare say his name.â€

“Oh? Would you rather I mention Forsaken? Or possibly even Jiku. Or maybe…†Misty shot you a glance. Her eyes reminded you of a newborn puppy; completely innocent to all that surrounded them. “Maybe you’d like me to bring up Sabby? If anything, I’d prefer that. I’ve got a lot to say about that sandwich making tramp.†You snarled, causing the smile on Misty’s face to return.

“Leave her out of this.â€

“Have you forgotten so soon? She’s a part of this. …Well, she was, anyway.†Misty shrugged. You could feel another bubble of hatred begin its ascent through your body. Misty waved her arms in a circle as you ran for her. Trees began to shake wildly, the leaves clustering on the ground A sea of mangoes flew into the air. They conglomerated into a wall about five feet wide. You jammed your right fist straight through, the juice sticking itself to the hairs on your wrist. You heard Misty mutter a few words. The mangoes on the top five rows began to break apart, the pits floating in the air above you. You swore as they flew at you, snapping the fingers of your left hand. Five stars in the sky shimmered. A force field of red light surrounded your body. The pits were deflected away as you withdrew your hand from the mango wall. You wanted to wipe it off on your pants, but you didn’t want to ruin another perfectly good outfit. The mangoes separated down the middle. Misty’s fist plummeted through the crack, hitting you in the stomach. You winced as you grabbed it and pulled. Misty was ripped through the gap, a startled expression nestling her face. Falling on your back, you pushed your foot into her chest and kicked. She fell to the ground with a thud.

“You think I’m really going to let you beat me?†Misty said as you rose to your feet. You were panting, the marks of anger and exhaustion mixing on your face. You heard the sound of wood break apart. More water began to rush towards Misty, wrapping around her body like armor. Misty sprung to her feet, the water taking the shape of a giant Psyduck. She thrust her hand into the air, the water rushing towards you. You could hear her chuckle as you smirked and put up your hand. Red light swiveled in front of you, the water dispersing into tiny drops that fell to the ground. Misty’s laughter stopped, her eyes shaking. You merely looked ahead as you said in a somber whisper:

“You can’t beat me.â€

~~~​

Pools of water, mangoes and light danced through the night time sky. The roar of the lights shattered the silence. Mangoes flew in every direction, jumping ballerinas in the ghastly performance. The water was dispersed, scattering across the forest stage. Te lights were the real center of the show, waving through the dark in a crazed movement of wonder. Misty was flying backwards through trees as you walked forward. Cuts aligned her face in rows. Her shirt was torn along the shoulder, the skin hues of black, blue and purple. As she hit the last tree, stopping in the center of it, you could see her legs were dyed a pale red color. Misty stood, limping over towards you. You flicked a finger, two beams of light hitting her back. She cried in anger, falling to her knees. Overhead, you could see the city lit to the brink with lights, each of the different sections active and ignorant to what transpired only a mile away. Your gaze returned to Misty, the water in your eyes burning.

You couldn’t help but to feel sorry for her; Misty was a living being. You had never been able to bring yourself to kill another thing that lives, even if it was something harmful to you. But this time is different. The thought slightly disturbed you. This time, she killed innocent people. She made me get Fearless executed. She made me watch as she murdered Sabby. I can’t forgive her. I won’t forgive her. I must end her.

“Misty…†The words seemed to fly out of your mouth. The fallen girl kept her head down, the red hair that once stood perfect sprawled over her face like a mop. No matter how much you wanted to do it, to kill her, you couldn’t bring yourself to end it. Part of you thought you were being too nice, but you ignored it and continued to talk.

“You stole so much from me. Because of you, I lost my dignity. I caused Fearless, someone completely innocent, to be executed on her own turf. You robbed me of Chev, the leader that I admired and strived to please. …Of course, not with my body or anything.†You began to blush at the thought, your stomach aching slightly.

“You slew Jiku and Forsaken, friends that comforted me when I first came to the CCPS. And last of all…you robbed me of Sabby, one of the few people on the team I felt security with. She was my friend, and you took her away.†The tears burned your face. You started to wipe them away, sobs escaping from your mouth. Misty was still in the same position, her face staring at the earth below her.

“As much as I hate you, as much as I want to see you tortured every second for the rest of your life, I…I just can’t kill you.†The sound of laughter was a sting to your ears. Misty’s body was rising and falling, the laughter over taking her. She soon began to cackle madly, the expression in her eyes filled with insanity. She gazed towards you, the smile once gone from her face fully restored.

“Oh Star. That speech was so touching, I may cry.â€

“What are you getting at?†Your felt your muscles tense as Misty rose to her feet. You could see her stumble on her left foot, wincing in pain. When she regained her balance, she looked to you and sneered.

“You were always so gullible. You believed for a second that I actually held remorse for them? I don’t care about anyone in this city. I only care about bigger things; things that you could never understand.â€

“Try me.â€

“You saw the vision of Chevy. You know I want the Reputation of the other members. But do you know why?â€

“The same reason as all the other psychopaths in the world?â€

“You were always quite the clever member. Actually, that is only part of the reason. You see, I’m sick of the current state of KHV. The Premiums have nearly corrupted all of the new members that come into the city. Don’t you agree?†You found yourself nodding. You shook your head, trying to focus once again.

“Eventually, when the entire Staff passes, these new, corrupt members will take their place. The city will then fall, and all we know will be turned to dust.â€

“But that happens to all great cities eventually.â€

“Yes, but I can stop this here and now. With enough Rep, I can enter the one place on KHV that no one can venture into — not even spdude or RvR.â€

“And what place would that be?â€

“The Styx of Departure.†Your body began to shake. You could feel sweat forming at the brow of your head. You’ve only heard of the Styx in legend. It was a place that lied between the boundaries of the City and the Departure Zone, a realm where the spirits of the departed members take solace. It was rumored that only one person had ever managed to break through, and that was the former Admin, Catch the Rain. Misty continued, her smile unnerving.

“When I make it into the Styx, I can attain the greatest power of all; the Core of KHV. Once I have that, I can usher in the ways of the past and destroy all of the members, rebirthing them into the image of perfection. And I can bring them back…â€

“Who are they?†You could see, for the first time, sorrow lodge itself onto Misty’s face. When she caught your gaze, she smiled and wagged her index finger at you.

“No, no, no. We can’t have you dig too far into my plans. Besides, shouldn’t you be concerned with the fact that Sabby is dead? And that it was you who killed her?†You could feel the anger inside you begin to overwhelm you. You forgot about giving mercy to Misty as you ran forward, hand raised to deliver the final blow. Misty only smirked, pointing a finger at you. You felt a familiar burning sensation sweep through your skull. You dropped to the ground, hands clenched to your head. Misty started to talk as the images passed before your eyes.

“Don’t you remember? You brought Sabby down here to give the body its autopsy.†You and Sabby walked down the trail alongside the cliff. Fearless’ body lay strewn over the ground before you. Static covered the image. You could see you and Sabby arguing with each other.

“Sabby told you that she had a boyfriend. You always had a secret thing for her. The jealousy ate at you. You two began to fight.†Sabby slapped you across the cheek. You could hear yourself roar as you tackled her to the ground.

“You were supposed to love me! Not some half-baked loser.â€

“But Stardusty, I like him! I’m not some filthy lesbian like you!â€

“But I…I’m not a lesbian…†You could hear yourself mutter as the images flashed before your mind.

A shriek penetrated the night. You could see yourself punching Sabby’s face in with your fist. You grabbed a nearby log and started beating her with it. She was covered in cuts, tears falling down her face without end. You took out a knife. You could see it glisten in the moonlight. You saw the stream of ketchup fly into the air. Sabby’s head was on the ground, her expression a permanent scream. You saw yourself crying as you kissed the head on the cheek.

“Don’t you see Star? If you weren’t such a jealous whore, maybe she wouldn’t have died.†Fury overcame your mind. Everything around you made you want to scream. You wanted nothing more than to hack it all down to the ground. You stood up, eyes a frenzied, red color. You held up both hands to the sky. Stars began to shine as light enveloped your hands. The light faded, revealing a Birchwood violin. You glared at Misty as she laughed.

“You really think some orchestra music can stop me?†You began to play furiously. The sky shone an eerie red. Misty looked up as all of the stars in the sky shone. As you approached the last note, you could hear her gasps of fear. You slid the rod down the violin strings, the C note wallowing in the air. Beams of crimson light shot down from the stars. They fused together into a ball over Misty’s head. You could see her crying, pleading with you to stop. Misty began to scream as you muttered the word: “Go.â€

~~~​

The explosion was ear-shattering. Even after you put up the shield, you could hear the trees split apart. As the smoke cleared, you could see Misty lying in the center of it all. Her face was covered in her own icy chip blood. Her shirt was torn down the center, the t-shirt she wore underneath completely black from the char. You lowered the shield and jumped on top of her. Your fists hit her face with a crack. She sobbed as the bones in her head shattered slowly. As you started to hit her with your elbows, the screams of the oncoming crowd enveloped your ears. All around you, you saw the members of the city, staring fearfully at you and Misty. RvR stood in front of you both, tears falling from his eyes.

“Stardust, don’t!†You ignored him, raising your fist to the sky. Light covered it as Misty’s eyes met your own.

“Star…â€

“Save it you monster.†The other members began to cry aloud to you, trying to convince you to stop. They didn’t know what Misty did; they don’t know what she can do. I’ll end it all, here and now. Your fist was just an inch away from her face when something jabbed itself into your shoulder. Everything around you went blurry as you fell to the ground, paralyzed. As you lost consciousness, you could hear Dalk squeal in triumph, asking RvR a question that made all the members groan:

“I can be staff now, right?â€

~~~​

You awoke in chains. You were strapped to a chair. RvR, Wolfie, Mike, Fayt and Pika were seated in the bench next to you. The other members sat before you in lawn chairs, staring at you in fear. Misty was seated in the front row, bandages covering her from head to toe. She rose from her seat, limping over to you. She cleared her throat as she turned to the Staff (and Pika).

“I found Stardust near the bottom of Fearless’ Cliff. I…I came too late.†She began to cry as she motioned fro the tissues next to Wolfie. Wolfie sighed, handing the box over to the Ancient Baby. With a blow of her nose, she continued to speak.

“Sabby was already dead. Stardust had slain her more viciously than anyone could imagine. The body was in such bad condition I had to freeze it and destroy it. …I…I should have gotten there sooner!â€

“Misty, you can do it. Just be strong for us and the other members.†RvR placed his hand on Misty’s shoulder. You wanted to speak out against it all; to end all the lies. You tried to speak but no words came out. Misty must have drugged me. She knew I’d reveal her secrets. Misty looked towards you, the fake tears in her eyes taunting you.

“Please…I beg you all, put this traitor down. She’s a menace to Staff, Premiums, Normies, everyone!†The members watching began to mutter amongst themselves. You gulped as RvR turned back to the Staff.

“I don’t know about the rest of you, but I think it’s safe to say we need to put Stardust down.â€

“Misty could be lying.†You turned to see Wolfie frowning at the rest of the bench.

“What do you mean?â€

“Misty said she froze the body and destroyed it. Why would she ruin the evidence like that? If anything, that only proves there’s more to this story than we’re getting.†You wanted to get up and hug Wolfie. She was standing up for you despite Misty’s claims. You began to feel hopeful for the first time.

“That is true…†RvR said, staring at the rest of the bench. Mike was still playing BBS, his right hand fluttering over the controls. Fayt was adjusting his helmet. Pika was staring at you with a concerned look in his eyes. Misty coughed, causing the entire bench to look at her once more.

“But should we take such a chance? If we let Stardust go now, imagine what she could do to other members. Bodies will pile up in the city. Fearless will look like nothing compared to her. If we don’t put this…this creature down, none of us may live to reconsider ever again.†The bench members turned to each other once more, the whispers so low not even you could hear them. After what seemed to be a minute, RvR stood, facing you as he spoke.

“Stardust, we find you guilty of homicide and attempted murder. Your punishment is immediate PermaBanning by lethal injection.†A syringe was passed to Misty. She smiled softly as she approached you. She bent down before you, whispering so only you could hear.

“You beat me Star. That only proves I need more power; more Rep. It’s a shame. You put up such a good challenge too. Now, maybe you can even be reunited with your dear friends in death.†The injection flowed through your body. The liquid stacked your nerves like a dagger. As the world fell out of your eyes, Misty placed her hand on your chest and breathed in. Your skin remained the same color, causing you to gasp.

“It’s an illsion, courtesy of Jiku.†Misty said as you fell to the ground. When your senses failed you felt a wave comfort wash over you. I’ll get to see them again. We’ll be together…forever.

I'd hit Angry Story Stardust ;D Stardust is terrifying when mad. ._.

@GS: Not everyone will have a power. It would get really confusing to keep up with, and it would probably turn into "LOL KAMEHAMEHA BLOW UP TEH EARTH" real fast :'D

@Jiku: I'm sure they could pull together a Z Squad soon.

@Chev: I wouldn't say Misty's too powerful...

@Sabby: Because the fans want it. B|

9. Stardust Chaser

OMG I DIED >:

Well, at least I got to be awesome before it happened. Seriously, Story!me is BADASS. ...Too bad now I'm a dead badass, but yeah.

...That was amazing, btw.

xD AWESOME CHAPTER. Can't wait for the next!

10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

The lights were the real center of the show, waving through the dark in a crazed movement of wonder. <----Blue pattern confirmed. It's a typo.

I feel like there's not much to say about the technical aspect, you've kept a consistently improved grammar base and stylistically you don't get to the point where anything is repetitive or boring. It's clearly not gonna be an instant classic but it is diverting and novel to read. There are so many other things that are much more serio0us that are so much easier to critique, maybe I'm just not able to look at it properly because of the novelty of seeing characters and say, "Hey, I've seen that one person post." Or whatever the case may be.

So until I have a real critique for you again I'll just sit back and let you do your thing.

Aside: Story me had a lame power.

11. P Banned

Looking good so far.

My only criticism at the moment is that of the court system. While clearly Stardust has to die, it leaves a bad taste in the readers' mouths to have a completely valid objection swept under the rug, without Misty confronted about it. I think the court needs to be improved upon, to make the rest of the staff seem competent. Ideally, there should be a 3:1 ratio of court scenes to non-court, but I'll settle for a little less. :lolface:

As a guess, the KHV-Core thing is going in an Evangelion Instrumentality direction. If it can grant godhood, then at the end of the story, everything will be ideally reset by someone good getting the Core instead of Misty. Also, Misty's motivation is similar to the Instrumentality thing, where the initiator wishes to see departed friends or family again.

12. Misty gimme kiss

olololololol

See Stardust, that is what happens when you mess with me. <:
    Kudos to her for being the only one that actually put up a fight.
    coughcoughchevcough

Me + CtR are totes gonna party it up in heaven at the end.

Excited to read on. ~

13. Chevalier Crystal Princess

This is stupid. How could Stardust own your ass so amazingly, and yet none of us could even get close to making you nervous? I was like, omg, stardust is stronger than all of us. Also, Misty is a complete cray cray in here, she needs to be killed.

I love how we're all dying and the rest of staff are like plot-stupefied.

Willing suspension of disbelief in great measures here, Pika.

14. Aura Goddess

Oh hey, I finally got around to reading it. XD

I have to say, this is my favorite chapter so far. Lovely action and it seemed slightly more darker than the other chapters. Stardust did seem stronger than everyone else, which kind of surprised me. If RvR ever gets his turn in fighting, I'm expecting him to be all badass and stuff. ._.

Anyway...nice chapter. Can't wait for the next one. 8D

15. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I've finally read this. I'm fine with being a background character, it's quite amusing to see that my insane obsession with Kamen Rider appears to take priority over the court business.

Anyway, it's an interesting read. There is a lot of anyone can die vibes all over the place. I'll try and keep up with reading this. Quality entertainment.

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Six: Roxas vs Riku vs Misty

Note from Plums: Sorry this took a while. Had a lot of things happening IRL the past few weeks. Anyway, not too sure how I feel about this one. It's been a while. So I'll just let you read now. :'D

“This is unreal."

Your voice scattered through the white room without direction. It overtook the whir of the machines embedded into the metal walls. As your echo of your voice died down, you lowered your head onto the computer desk before you. The spacebar cuddled into the fold of your forehead; you furrowed your brows in annoyance. At least it’s not as bad as what’s happening to the city. The thought made you stomp the pearl encrusted floor. It’s been a month since the executions of Fearless and Stardust. The Crimson Corps Police Squad—at least, the former Crimson Corps Police Squad—had proven Fearless was responsible for the deaths of Plums, Nouveau, Chevalier, Jiku and Forsaken. She was promptly brought to justice by Stardust, one of the last CCPS members left. Eventually, Stardust killed her fellow CCPS member Sabby, and even attempted to kill your partner, Misty. Following Stardust’s death, you believed that the homicides would end; that the city could finally return to an era of peace.

Even without looking at the monitor, the flashing red number haunted you:. 50. Fifty members had been slain in the last month alone. It was roughly a quarter of the entire active population of KHV. You could only recall some of the names off the top of your head. Rat, NOISE, Pencilman, Zeonark, Spaze; there were too many. The phones rang constantly, members begging for you to “solve this case”, to “kill the ***** that did this”. Tombstones were being placed into the graveyard at least nine times a week. Stacks of complaints were piled into the Suggestion Building down the street. You were losing control at a constant rate. You wanted to huddle up in the corner for the rest of time, but you were an Admin—one of the most powerful members. If you fell apart, the city would too. You rose out of the chair, your thoughts a swirling typhoon of terror. You were out of the door before you knew it, the sunlight pecking at your cheeks.

“I need a drive.”

~~~

The air conditioning was a gentle landslide. It fell upon your body like stones. The summery heat seemed to fade away to nothing more than a memory. It was the reason why you liked the truck so much. Every time you had a problem, you just hopped in the truck and drove them away. In here, you weren’t an Admin of the city, you weren’t a member, you weren’t even RvR; it was as though you were another person altogether. In this persona, you weren’t responsible for solving the city’s crises. All you had to do was sell ice cream to the remaining members of KHV. In the distance, you could see faint, shadowy lines twirl in the air. You pressed on the brakes, the truck stopping in the middle of the road. Dust had leapt into the air, covering your glasses like glue. You were wiping them off on the Hello Kitty skirt of a Christhor bobble head (ever since his return, he began to sell Hello Kitty embroidered bobble head clones of the members) as a growl erupted on your left. Squinting, you could make out a girl whose black hair was wrapped in a bandana bejeweled with green dinosaurs. She wore a purple blouse, with jeans whose rips spelled the words “Eggy the Panda.”

“Jayn, come on, wait up.” You could see the outlines of a boy run up beside her. He was wearing a red bandana over his face. A toy Digivice rested inside the pocket protector of his shirt. His hair was like the bottom of a mop, the murky brown strands covered his forehead.

“It’s not may fault you were taking forever looking at yourself in that mirror in your purse, Bueno.”

“It’s not a purse! It’s a man bag. You of all people should know that.”

“Did you just call me a man?”

“I actually didn’t. However, I am about to call you a slitch. …Slitch.”

“I swear if I wasn’t so nice…”

“You’re saying you were nice in the first place?” Jayn gave Bueno a quick glare, and then turned her attention to you. Her expression softened when her eyes came over your face. Oh gigabytes, I haven’t shaved since the Fearless trial. You wanted to stroke the hair growing on your face, but shot down the thought as Jayn began to speak.

“We would like to order two large fudge-covered banana splits, please.”

“That will be Five Munny.” The yellow diamonds drop into your hands like rain. You turn your back to the pair, reaching into the freezer behind the driver’s seat. The cold breeze runs up your arm as you grab two frosts covered cardboard boxes. You face the pair once again, holding out the boxes to them. Jayn takes the boxes into her right arm as she grabs Bueno’s sleeve with her left hand.

“Come on! We’re going to miss the D.C. Universe Convention!”

“Well, maybe if someone could order ice cream faster,” Bueno laughed. You saw them run off into the distance, shards of the boxes’ frost melting into the ground. Just like it’s their time to go, I should probably head out myself. Don’t want to leave the Admin HQ empty. As RvR adjusted his seat, he shuddered. Especially if it means leaving Misty in charge.

~~~​

Ever since Misty was appointed Admin, you couldn’t help but to feel as though something were lost in Headquarters. You were seated before the computer desk once again. The sky was bruised, the moon hanging onto it like a Band-Aid. You had returned a few hours ago. When you walked through the door, Misty was coming out of the spare bathroom. Most of her injuries had healed within days of her fight with Stardust. The only reminder of this incident was the white cast that clasped her left shoulder. She had looked at you, smiled, and then returned to her room. That’s the problem with her. All she does is seclude herself away. It was a thought that always stuck in your mind. When Repliku was still an Admin, you two would always throw nightly dances together. You would both wear nothing but a pair of underwear and tie, then dance to It’s Raining Men, laughing at yourselves all the while.
    With the advent of Misty, the dances were wiped away, all the fun dying away as quickly as it had come. Your gaze turned towards her room, a single light shining underneath the metallic door. You always wondered what she did in there. The only computers in the HQ were in the Main Hall, so it couldn’t be about designing a new layout for the city. Maybe she was writing a history of the city for future members? Or maybe she was cleaning? You shook your head in submission. Whatever it is she’s doing, it’s probably best to let her do it herself. You wanted to believe that, but you found yourself walking towards her door. With a gentle rapping, the door opened. You were about to ask to help her as the bodies fell upon you. You were buried under them, clawing at the floor until you forced yourself from beneath their clutches. You looked on, horrified, as you spotted the faces of Jayn and Bueno, the screaming expression a scar on their face. You saw other members you knew as well: Reptar, Rat, Zeonark, Zter, Spaze; the faces seemed to go on forever. You fell to your knees, tears smacking the floor, as you heard footsteps enter the room.

“I always knew you and Repliku were pansies, but I never thought I’d see the day where you’d cry.” Misty’s voice was mocking. She stood wrapped in a shawl, her red hair falling to her mid-back. She was clutching a large duffle bag in her right hand, her arm trembling under the weight. You never noticed until now, but she looked more mature than she had even a few months ago.

“Misty, w-what are these bodies doing in your room?” You rose to your feet. “It must be another accomplice of Fearless. We’ll track them down and I’ll—“

“It was me.” Your jaw fell open, the appalled look in your eyes causing her to laugh.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying it’s obvious and always has been obvious. Fearless couldn’t have murdered anyone; she was far too obsessed with card games to do much anything else. As for Stardust, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If only you all just waited a few more seconds. Then perhaps these fifty could’ve had a bit more time.” Misty gestured to the bodies on the ground. You could feel the vomit rising in your throat at the mere thought of the carnage.

“Why did you do this?”

“Same thing I told Stardust before she died. The KHV Core is such a precious thing to me. I figure I might as well make a decent effort to obtain it.”

“If you think for a single minute I’m letting you near the Core, you must be an even bigger ‘cray-cray’ than I could’ve dreamed.”

“Oho. So you do know about the Core.”

“Which Admin hasn’t heard of the Core? It’s the single most important item for the city. It’s the most powerful object in existence. If the Core was taken away, the very fabric of KHV would be disrupted. All we know would fall and nothing would exist.”

“Very impressive. I didn’t think you knew that much."

“That’s strange. I recall being the one you told you about the Core in the first place. And why obtaining such a power is strictly forbidden.”

“Oh don’t even try to give me some speech about morality. I know what happened to CtR. She tried to get the Core, but she didn’t have anywhere close to the amount of Rep needed to pass through. And she was one of the best.”

“Misty, the Core is something far beyond comprehension. I don’t even know much about it, and I practically run the city. If you try to get at it, then I’m afraid that this is your final farewell.”

“You think you can stop me, RvR?”

“Yes.” You pulled a microchip from your pants pocket. You slapped it onto your chest. It began to shine a bright yellow as a blue and black suit of binary code spread across your body. A helmet formed over your, a blue visor stretching out just above your eyes.

“Do you really believe a couple of coding lines will save you?” Misty laughed. She gave a sharp look to the ground as the floor beneath you exploded into a flurry of metal and water. You flipped in the air, punching the ceiling. As you removed your fist, a small area of binary code marked the ceiling. It began to spread as a blue rocket launcher formed overhead. Two rockets burst from the launcher. Misty merely smiled, then raised a finger to the projectiles. Water was a scarf, tightly wrapping around the rockets. They froze before they could even reach Misty. You dropped to the ground, smacking it with your hands. A surge of electricity rose from the computer screens. It flew at Misty, who nodded her head. A pillar of peaches fell through the roof, blocking the electric storm. The peaches fell to the ground, charged with electricity. You took a step back as Misty smiled. The peaches began to swarm at your feet, the electricity crackling around your dancing feet. You stepped on one and screamed in pain. You could feel yourself fall to the floor, the electricity rebounding inside your body as though a bouncy ball.

Misty stood before you. She dropped the duffel bag to the floor. You could hear a low grunt emit from the bag. As she opened it, you felt terror come over you. A boy dressed in a Pikachu costume sat up, rubbing the side of his head. Misty smirked, grabbing the boy’s head by his temples. She applied pressure to the boy’s head, causing him to scream in agony. Green light pulsed from the boy’s skull into Misty. You could only watch on, horrified, as the light turned to gray. Misty released the boy, flinging him across the room. With a thrust of her hand, a bolt of electricity flew at him. He exploded into a pile of Umineko pictures.

“It’s a shame P had to go that way. Always did like that kid.” Misty mumbled, staring at you. She thrust her arm once again, the bolt flying into you. Your lungs seemed to burn, the shrill squeal escaping your throat echoing throughout the room.

“And, I guess I should thank you for getting me this far, RvR. You teaching me this Reputation Absorption was so useful.” Another bolt of electricity surged through you. Saliva was pouring out of your mouth. You could feel your pants filling with a wet substance. You glared at the red-head. Upon Misty’s first month as an Admin, you had taken her to a secluded forest.

“Today I’m going to teach you something only the Admins learn.” You had pointed to a large oak tree. Two spam bots were tied to the oak tree, eyes buzzing around madly at the leaves. You walked over to the one on the left, looking back at Misty. When she nodded, you placed your fingers on his head and breathed in. His skin turned a sandy-ash color as he fell unconscious. When you looked back towards Misty, she was astonished.

“Now you try.” You watched as Misty walked over to the other spam bot. This one was hissing, having noticed its friend’s attack. Misty gulped, turning back to you. You smiled as she put her fingers on the spam bot’s head. After his skin changed color, you whistled for Misty to come back.

“So, how did it feel?” You were smiling.

“It felt so…strange. What was that?”

“A technique called ‘Reputation Absorption’. It allows you to forcibly suck the Rep out of other members, and add it to your own. And as a bonus, if they have any special abilities, you gain them too.”

“So I can use this on any member?” Misty’s eyes seemed to sparkle with greed.

“Theoretically; yes. But it’s absolutely forbidden to do so. If anything, we only ever use it on spam bots or members we’re about to PermaBan. And even then, we only do it in special cases.”

“Do any of the other staff know about this?”

"It’s only the Admins. Deathspank figured that this would be a skill only the truly disciplined members could use maturely.”

“I…guess Deathspank was…wr-wrong.” You were barely able to speak under the force of the electricity. Misty was smiling, her hand still outstretched. After what seemed to be minutes of torture, Misty returned her hand back to her side. The electricity surging within you slowed until it was almost gone. Upon realizing that you were lying in a puddle of bodily fluid, you tried to get up. After rising about five inches, your body caved and returned you to the puddle. You tried once again, managing to get on your knees. You were almost standing when Misty laid her fingers on your head. Electricity poured into your skull as you hollered. You eyes were filling with a dense blackness, only able to see a faint outline of your surroundings. When she removed her fingers, Misty reached for her belt to grab her lightsaber. You raised your foot to her only weak point; her shoulder. She cried with pain as you ran over to the computers. You began to hit buttons at random, sirens and beeps filling the Main Hall. You could hear Misty’s footsteps as you hit a fat orange button. A DVD popped out of the computer into your hands.

“What is that” she frowned, her eyes pounding with hate.

“Just a…gift for…F-Fayt and Wolfie. I’m…s-sure they’d enjoy seeing….the truth.” You smacked the ground with your heel. Misty lunged forward as you fell down the hole. Shadows crawled all around you as the hole closed up and Misty was left in the Admin HQ just as she was; alone and plotting.

~~~​

You began to hear voices in the distance. They grew louder as you crashed through the wall, the DVD clutched tightly to your chest. You were in a room that looked like a wolf’s den; bones of wild animals lay strewn on the ceiling in portraits. A bear skin rug lay on the floor. You could hear Wolfie and Fayt leap to your side.

“RvR, what happened!?”

“My god, Fayt call the hospital!” Your arm, trembling with death, raised the DVD to Wolfie. She took it with a confused look on her face as you fell unconscious.

~~~​

“I always knew that Jedi scum was bad news. But to resort to Sith tactics? That’s a new low.” Wolfie and Fayt sat seated around your hospital bed. You could see Antiweapon and Erkz pass through the revolving doors. iwantedtoexplode was at your side, monitoring the IV’s passing through your body. Earlier, he had told you that the damage was so great, you were lucky to be alive. However, you may never be able to walk and/or speak again. It was a harsh truth, but something you had to live with. A machine sat on the bed stand. As you typed, a robotic voice churned in the air.

“Wolfie, Misty has gotten to dangerous. I…I don’t think we can stop her.”

“Even if we do gather all the members…?” Her face was riddled with an unspeakable fury.

“At best, we need to flee and regroup with our sister sites. Maybe then we can finish her off.” Wolfie rose out of her seat, staring out of the window. The sun was rising higher in to orange tinted sky as she spoke.

“No.”

“What?” You typed furiously.

“Wolfie, none of us can take her down. We’re nowhere near strong enough.”

“Maybe so, but I’m not just gonna sit around and let that whore destroy the city. All these years, Misty and I have been rivals, but always friendly towards each other. Now that she’s threatening to sever it all, let it be. I’ll take her down just like I’ve done any bot or rogue user. RvR, Fayt. It’s time this gets settled. Misty, you’re mine.”

GS, how dare you predict the future ;~;
    Also, will try to make a list of all people that died eventually. Misty works too fast for me to keep up as well as I'd like. >_>

17. Stardust Chaser

Yaaay a new chapter! 8D

o: RvR survived! ...Albeit, uh, crippled. But hey, now the truth is known amongst the remaining staff, so that's good at least. I think.

Story!Misty is so ruthless (I feel like I make a comment on this every chapter. In fact I probably do. BUT IT NEEDS TO BE SAI--*shot*).

Anyhoo, I wonder what Wolfie's plan is. Update soon!

18. P Banned

Gaap !RVR. Who woulda thunk it?

Oh, and I appear to have died. How unsettling. Or at least, it would be, if there were a corpse. I want an unsettling corpse. ._.

19. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Was I killed by the evil Misty? And what did I predict again? I forgot >>

It looks like it's time for the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny. Wolfie vs. Misty, that's an epic battle right there.

I thought the same thing xD

20. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

This was hilariously close to an episode of Kamen Rider, but it was really entertaining, quite thrilling and sets up well for the next chapter. RvR is a badass. I also like the idea of a KHV Core and Rep Absorption. Mind if I use some of them as attacks in my game?