KHV Cosplay Club

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Korra, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Are you an active cosplayer, or maybe thinking about cosplaying? Or are you just interested in cosplay itself?
    Either way, this is the place for you! The goal of this group is to provide a place for cosplayers to share their cosplays, tips, ideas, and so forth. You're encouraged to post pictures of your cosplays too, from works in progress to completed.
    And if you are new to it, you're more than welcome to ask questions here too.

While there's no real hierarchy in this, there are a few rules I'd like to lay out.
    1. Be respectful to each other and each other's cosplays. Remember, cosplaying is not limited to anime!
    2. You are welcome and are encouraged to give constructive criticism on people's cosplays, so long as it's done in a respectful manner.
    3. That being said, please don't take a negative comment as a personal attack - constructive criticism exists to help, even if the truth stings a little.
    4. Do NOT post other people's cosplays and claim them as your own.
    5. Anyone is allowed to ask for help, advice, etc., whether they are new to cosplaying or not.
    6. You are also allowed to ask about behavior at cons, share stories about cons, etc.
    7. Have fun!
    More rules may be added over time.

So yeah, to sort of introduce yourself if you want, fill this out.
    Current main character you're cosplaying:
    Characters you've cosplayed:
    Characters you want to cosplay:
    Cosplays you're working on:
    Been to a con before?:

So for me...
    Character you're mainly cosplaying: Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
    Characters you've cosplayed: Holo (Spice & Wolf), Toon Link (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker), Bender (The Breakfast Club), Pokemon Trainer (Pokemon)
    Characters you want to cosplay: Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games), Command Wolf or Sword Wolf (Zoids), Mandalorian (Star Wars), Korra (Avatar: Legend of Korra)
    Cosplays you're working on: Oki (Okami), Katniss Everdeen, Korra
    Been to a con before?: New York ComiCon 2010, AnimeNEXT 2011

2. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Yay for cosplay! 8D I wonder why there wasn't something like this earlier? (:

Here's a little bit about me!
    Current main character you're cosplaying: Alphonse Elric
    Characters you've cosplayed: Haruhi Fujioka, Neri, Hinata Hyuuga, L, Hope Estheim, Satoshi Hiwatari (OC), Ben Tennyson, Roxas, Minnie Mouse, Tinker Bell, Tifa Lockhart
    Characters you want to cosplay: Vio, Fai Flourite, Aidou Hanabusa, Italy, Jill Valentine, Tatl, Tomoyo Hime, Tsubaki, Demyx, Train Heartnet, Ciel Phantomhive, Yuna, Kid Flash, Shirley, Euphemia li Britania
    Cosplays you're working on: Kid Flash, Neri
    Been to a con before?: Several times!! 8D

3. program Twilight Town Denizen

Current main character you're cosplaying: Ari from Okage:Shadow King.
    Characters you've cosplayed: Fangirl, Belphagor from Hitman Reborn, Yuffie KH Version.
    Characters you want to cosplay: Oh God, there are so many.
    Cosplays you're working on: Ari,Belphagor and more to come
    Been to a con before?: 2011 San jose Fanimcon, going 2012 too!

Im working on all cosplays XD Noob to Cosplaying.

4. Uncle_Xigbar Moogle Assistant

Current main character you're cosplaying:
    Characters you've cosplayed: Xigbar (casual, official)
    Characters you want to cosplay: itachi, tamaki suou, sasuke, marluxia, vexen, riku (with one person), sora(with another person), Lucius malfoy**, sirius black*both being during school year*.
    Cosplays you're working on: Xigbar (organization coat), shadow heartless,
    Been to a con before?: Supanova NSW 2011

5. Aura Goddess

Eh. Might as well.

Current main character you're cosplaying: Lolita/Female type Mad Hatter.
    Characters you've cosplayed: Loki(Dogs: Bullets & Carnage), lolita/Mad Hatter kind of thing, Rukia (Bleach).
    Characters you want to cosplay: Lightning(FFXIII), Aerith(FFVII), Some kind of female assassin(Basically Assassin's Creed), Sweetpea(Sucker Punch), Myobi(Alichino), Repunzel(Tangled), Haine(Dogs: Bullets & Carnage), Nill(Dogs: Bullets & Carnage), and I really really really really really REALLY want to do some kind of masquerade cosplay.
    Cosplays you're working on: I'm kind of...trying to save up for that Assassin's Creed cosplay.
    Been to a con before?: Anime Expo 2009, 2010, 2011.

I know there's more stuff I want to cosplay as. I barely started cosplaying last year so I'm a newbie to it and I suck. <<;;;

6. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Aw, ℇʟιкα, I'm sure you don't suck. :glomp: Everyone takes cosplay at their own pace. Some get really good really quick, others take time to develop their style. Just give yourself some time and really give your cosplays love. You don't have to make a cosplay by hand for it to be "good." I only make alterations to one I buy online (Neri is the only one I've attempted to do mostly on my own -- just bought a dress and am fixing it up the way I want it). I think for someone to "not suck" at cosplay, they NEED TO HAVE FUN. It's my number one rule for cosplay. (:

7. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Current main character you're cosplaying: Undertaker - Kuroshitsuji
    Characters you've cosplayed:
    N/A
    Characters you want to cosplay:
    Kraft Lawrence, Spice and Wolf; Male version of the one in my sig; God Tier John Egbert, Homestuck; Hope Esthiem, Final Fantasy XIII; Sin from Final Fantasy X (loljk).
    Cosplays you're working on:
    N/A
    Been to a con before?:
    Yes ^^

I'm a noob at cosplay lol ... I don't have an income ...

8. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Aw awesome, welcome guys. Didn't know some of you were cosplayers. xD

Anyway...I'm working on my Katniss cosplay right now, more specifically, the knife. Based on the description in the book (which wasn't much), I found these two designs to be the most accurate - the description being a “long, sharp blade, serrated near the handle”.
    A character threw it at her, and it doesn’t say if it’s serrated on both sides or just on one side. The top one is a LHR Combat Knife, and the bottom is a Gerber Mark II.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

9. program Twilight Town Denizen

I think Gerber Mark II would be more to it, seeing how they are in an apocalyptic time and the top looks too thick & nice to be in such times.

I'm working on my Ari, but I don't know if I should put a big Stan cut out behind me, or just get someone else to cosplay as him for me XD Maybe a plushie him would work.

10. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I personally like the top knife better but I think the bottom works better for Katniss. The darkness of the blade works really nice for the mood/theme.

When I don't have another person cosplay the character who is paired with my cosplay, I like to carry a plushie with me. It's easier (and cuter!) than a cardboard cutout.

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

True, but the Capitol tended to give the people in the arena nice weapons. Like the silver bow Katniss got from Glimmer.

Honestly I might end up making a model of both, then just going with whatever looks good at the end. I am leaning towards the top one though, only because Katniss sawed through a tree branch with her knife, and I don't know if that could be accomplished with the bottom one. xD

And yeah, I've seen a lot of people carry plushies when they don't have a partner. Plus you never know, someone might be cosplaying your character's partner at the con.

12. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

I like the idea of making both knifes. That way you can change between them if you want to.

I was Haruhi Fujioka at the last con that I went to and I had a tough time deciding what I was going to do about the other members of the Host Club since I had no other cosplayers in my group. I ended up being pulled into a couple of Ouran groups that didn't have a Haruhi. XD At one point a the formal dance, two Tamakis were fighting over me!
    I guess what you do with a solo cosplay depends on what kind of a cosplayer you are.

13. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I guess I'll pop in here too.

Current main character you're cosplaying: Reno (FF VII)
    Characters you've cosplayed: Axel (KHII), Reno (FF VII), Riley (Pokemon D/P/Pt), Beetlejuice
    Characters you want to cosplay: Professor Layton (Professor Layton), Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler), N Harmonia (Pokemon B/W)
    Cosplays you're working on: N Harmonia (Pokemon B/W), Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
    Been to a con before?: Yep, several. Most notably Anime Boston (2006, 2007,2008,2010,and 2011) and Connecticon (2005). One day I'd love to go down to Otakon.

14. program Twilight Town Denizen

True, true.
    To amazon and Ebay!
    Has anyone bought a cosplay at a store before? other then an Halloween store?

15. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

If I buy, I like to buy at www.cosplaymagic.com or www.cosplayhouse.com. They're both really good sites that give you quality stuff -- but be ready to lose some money.

16. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

A big problem with me when I'm looking for cosplay stuff is shiping, because from Hong Kong is where most of it's from, so it's hard to get a decent shipping cost.

17. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Cosplaymagic has free shipping to some countries for order of $50 or more.

18. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I know they do, but it's not just shipping, it's import duty to the Uk from things outside of the EU for me, living in Scotland, that's the problem. Some companies have ways around it, but others don't so you get his with a £50 import tax on top of what you already payed ;_;

19. Aura Goddess

I actually buy my stuff from this guy(or chick. To be honest, I don't know.) on ebay. Their quality is REALLY good and I've already bought two of my cosplays from them. I plan to continue buying from them. And they're at a pretty good price. Well, decent. The person makes outfits, shoes, wigs, almost everything. They're awesome.

20. program Twilight Town Denizen

Quite the rich one now are we? XD
    I sometimes go to DD's and make my costume homemade, though its pretty tedious work.