Announcement: KHV Karaoke Night!

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Calxiyn, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Disclaimer: This was Jayn's idea and her project. Most of these rules and instructions are the ones she wrote. I'm honoured to pick up the project again.

Next Karaoke Night: TBD

WHAT IS THIS?

Karaoke Night is an event which will take place on the Discord. There will be a line up of people singing live in front of other members (who's mics will be put to silent). The whole event will also be recorded and put on the KHV Community YouTube Channel.

Remember that this is different than the old Karaoke Night. You do not need to mix your vocals, you simply just need to sing along with a Karaoke track.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

There will be a certain amount of slots opened for people to sign up. The longest the event will go is up to an hour. If everyone picks say, a four-minute song, we can have up to AROUND 15 singers, but that is at maximum capacity. It will be first come first serve. The song options will be pulled from this voting thread, but most of the Karaoke Nights will have a theme depending on how many different songs are suggested. They will send in their song, and I will possibly mix it. Then on the night of KN, I'll live stream the songs in real time before uploading the video.

You can post here saying which song you would like or what you will be singing, then I'll sign you up. Also include when you are free. I'm aiming for Friday or Saturday nights after 6PM EST PLEASE.

RULES!

• If you sign up and realise you'll be busy, please tell me right away so we can bring in someone else who wants to join.

There will be only one song person UNLESS

1. There is space left by someone who realised they couldn't make it, like, a week before
    2. It's two days or one day before and you would like to do another song
    3. It's they're up next and not here, which in that case I'll do it. Lol.

If you don't show up on the night I will probably fill in for you lol. If 14 of you don't show up I'll sing for an hour. You don't want that

• When a song is claimed, you can't pick the same one as another person
    • Unless stated otherwise, there will be no duets with another person. You can duet with yourself if you want.
    • When you sign up, I can message you the lyrics and the instrumental track if you can't find it.

SLOTS!

Blue = Points Used!

NOTE: I will make the song order AFTER everyone signs up. I don't want all the sad songs to be at the end or the beginning etc, I'll mix you guys up a lil bit. Also I may place you depending on what time you're able. So if you can do 6 on the dot but not 6:30, you'll be first.

Theme: Disney Movies

ACHIEVEMENTS!

I don't have Jayn's list of full achievements, but I do still have the old document. New achievements should be suggested to me via PM. Similar to Jayn's old system, after five achievements are awarded to someone, they will be able to sing any appropriate song they want that has an existing instrumental, whether or not it's on the Voting and Suggestions (or the slot) list. Every five achievements, another freebie.

NOTE: Achievement Points work like CURRENCY. Meaning, if you have 5 achievements and you claim the first award, then you're back to ZERO and you may not have the same achievements over and over. Once you reach 5, you can pick to use it or save it for 10. Another example is once you reach 20, let's say, you can either sing four songs, two duets, or pick the full chorus option, ETC. ASK ME PERSONALLY IF YOU'RE CONFUSED.

5 Achievements - You can sing any song you want on or off of the Suggestions list. It does not matter if all of the slots are taken. Free pass.

10 Achievements - You can sing a duet with anyone you want. Same concept as the above. Any song, doesn't matter how many slots are taken.

20 Achievements - You may sing whatever 3 songs you want off or on the suggestions list. One of those three can be a duet.

30 Achievements - You can pick any song you want for a /FULL CHORUS/, off or on the suggestions list. It may not be on the radio until the next KN, depending on Jayn's schedule.

40 Achievements - You may sing any song you want, with however many people you want.

50 Achievements - You may do ALL of the above, during any Karaoke Night you want (once you do one, you can't do it anymore, onward).

SO I can't write songs like Jayn, I'll figure out something for 50 lol.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16FRpy4VCob-tGFiFKqTr0DI6mk3i8kEsYPqEFiXsWnM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Thinking about maybe doing this, lol. XD I'll definitely want to listen, I'm just not sure about putting myself out there yet. XD

But I have a question about the song choice. By 'Freebie,' do you mean we're free to choose any song that people suggest in the song-suggestion thread, or we're free to choose any song we want for this first one while people are suggesting songs?

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

You can choose any song you want. Period. It doesn't need to be in the suggestion thread.

Next week will be a "theme", but until we get enough suggestions you'll still be able to pick a song within that theme. Say the theme is Disney, you're still going to choose any song you want as long as it's Disney.

On a "normal" Karaoke Night though, when we do get enough song suggestions, people will pick from the thread unless they have 5 achievement points and wanna use them.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Cool, thanks. :) Tomorrow when I have a little more time, I'll try to suggest a few songs in the thread to help get things rolling, and see if I can find a song I'd be comfortable singing live. XD

5. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I shall be singing the cult hit Stand Proud from the anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, please and thanks. Sign me up!

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I AM INTERESTED

gimme a day or two to decide on a song but SIGN ME UP DAWG

EDIT: Give me 'Shake It Out' by Florence and the Machine.

7. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I'll sing my go-to song Concrete Angel by Martina McBride

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I really don't know if I should sign up or not. I'm an awful singer but I'm tempted. If I do I'd sing These boots are made for walking by Nancy Sinatra buttt....I don't know.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

After carefully considering all my options, I'm going to play it safe and sign up with You'll be in my Heart by Phil Collins. XD Even though I feel like it's been done before. I don't care. XD

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Woohoo! We need at least 4 more people by Thursday at the very latest so tell your friends? Haha

11. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

If I can find some headphones, I'd like to join in.

Put me down for Smells Like Nirvana by Weird Al.

12. Shuhbooty moon child

I'll join in! Paramore- Aint it fun

13. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Can I change my song to King by Lauren Aquilina? Thanks Cal.

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Okay so two things:

1. We can either do it this Thursday and people can also do another song if they would like
    2. We can wait till next Friday (I'm going camping which is why I'm delying it this week)

Soooo whoever's already posted that they wanna vote now on your phones

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I actually can't do it on Thursday, so next week would work best for me. I had sudden Thursday plans come up over the past couple of days.

16. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Friday I usually have my library thing but I can always not go, so whatever's good with everyone else.

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Alright, so this Friday, what time does everyone want?

I know Midnight may have some issues with the time, we may need to end up just actually mixing her part and playing it through my speakers depending on when everyone is ready.

I'm aiming for at least 4-5+ EST

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I'm good with 4, for me, lol, the earlier the better. XD

Also, if you're looking to fill slots, I'd like to sing Space Oddity by David Bowie as well. :)

19. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Four would be good. I probably have to leave around 5:30 the latest.

20. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I'm down for whatever. I don't have to work on Friday as of right now, but my schedule could potentially change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.