KHV's Generation

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Cookiie, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So Andrew (Beau) came up with this idea for a project that I think is going to awesome. It's an audio project, 'KHV's Generation,' based off of South Korean girl group, Girls' Generation. What this family will be doing is covering Girls' Generation songs, like a chorus. You don't have to be an amazing singer. You don't even have to have a high quality mic. If you like singing, I would say "Go for it!"

When you sign up, you will also choose a member that you want to be/sing as. There will be no auditions or casting for positions, so members will be chosen on a first come first serve basis. You are free to sign up for which ever members are left. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the songs to see which member you would like to sing as. c:

Again, you don't have to be an outstanding singer, but the girls do have positions (lead vocals, main vocals, vocalists) so some members sing more lines and more difficult parts. In the end, it is entirely up to you which member you would like to be.

We also need volunteers for mixers/animating. We're going to be singing songs that need to be mixed (obviously) and we need an animator to help us with the videos that we will put up on our very own Youtube account. You're help is greatly appreciated and we love you <33

This thread will be used for sign up, as well as, general discussion about what songs we'll sing next as well as anything interesting c:

YOUTUBE

[​IMG]

"So what the heck is Girls' Generation?"

Girls' Generation, as I mentioned earlier, is a South Korean girl group consisting of 9 members. The group debuted in the summer of 2007 and since then have earned the title of "The Nation's Singers" and "The Nation's Girl Group." Not only that but they have branched out of their own country, promoting in Japan and even hosting their own Asian tour. In 2011, they released an English and Korean album simultaneously titled, "The Boys," their first English album.

Members of Girls' Generation (Still Available):

Taeyeon (main vocalist 1)
    Jessica (main vocalist 2)
    Sunny (lead vocalist)
    Tiffany (lead vocalist)
    Hyoyeon (vocalist)*
    Yuri (vocalist)*
    Sooyoung (vocalist)*
    Yoona (vocalist)*
    Seohyun (lead vocalist)

*These members are the dancers of the group (are pretty freaking awesome at what they do). You don't have to be an amazing dancer for these.

[​IMG]

You don't have to be a fan of Girls' Generation to join. Maybe you'll become a fan after joining, but if you love singing, join c:

First come, First serve. Since there are only nine girls, this is really limited (I'M SORRY GUISE. WE'RE NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN). Look to see if the member you want is taken, if she is then go ahead and choose a different one. That being said, if you REALLY want a particular member PM me and I'll create a waiting list c:

You don't have to be an amazing singer or have an amazing mic. If you like a member, and you think you want to sing as that member go for it. No one is judging you. (If they are come tell me and I will beat them u- I mean talk to them for you c; )

Please stick with deadlines. It's unfair to others if you delay the release dates. :/

If something urgent comes up, or if you think you will be inactive for awhile, please notify Andrew or I about it.PM, Tumblr, Skype, anything. If you're going to be away for a long time (ex. a 2 month hiatus) tell us whether you want to have someone already in the group cover your lines, or if you want to drop out completely (find someone else not in the group to take your place).

Form:

For Singers:
    For Mixers/Animators:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Username: Cookiie
    Member You're Applying for: Jessica
    Favourite Colour: #82CFFD
    Contact info (anywhere outside of KHV?): Tumblr ; Twitter ; Skype: oneandonly_judycookiiesung
    Anything else?: Let's goooo~

[​IMG]

Username: Beau
    Member You're Applying for: Yoona
    Favourite Colour: lighter shades of blue and purple
    Contact info (anywhere outside of KHV?): tumblr, twitter, skype (tesori.the.artist), facebook (only important stuff), cell phone (only SUPER important stuff)
    Anything else?: super excited for this project! <3

[​IMG]
    Username: The Hero of Time
    Member You're Applying for: Tiffany
    Favourite Colour: lime and silver
    Contact info (anywhere outside of KHV?): Skype. (theherooftime108)
    Anything else?: Let's do eet!!

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

May I join? Andrew got me hooked to them last night.

Username: The Hero of Time
    Member You're Applying for: Tiffany
    Favourite Colour: lime and silver
    Contact info (anywhere outside of KHV?): Skype. (theherooftime108)
    Anything else?: Let's do eet!!

3. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

Of course you can join! Thank you so much! We look forward to performing with you~ c:

(also you're welcome teehee)

4. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

@HoT: Meant to say this earlier, but WELCOME <33 and thank you for joining KHVG

OKAY SO instead of waiting for all nine member spots to fill up, the plan is to start a something like a sub-unit. Something like TTS, but not official. This way we can start singing, and sort of promote our group/family at the same time! WOO!

But for now we should start by suggesting songs for this sub-unit. Any SNSD song will do as long as it is not one of their promotional singles (i.e. no Genie, Gee, Run Devil Run) because we'll save those for when we have a full group c:

SUGGESTIONS GOOOOO~

My Suggestion:

So I'd just like to suggest this song. I think it's really pretty, and it can be easily split into parts c:

5. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

I really like your suggestion Cookiie!

And I'm suggesting~

6. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

I can find instrumentals for both of these, so that's a good sign~

Just back with another suggestion. Etude ~

We also need to figure out how we decide which song we're going to do. I was thinking that we could rank the songs from 1 to however many suggestions. 1 being the song you would like to do the most. If all of us have a different first choice, then we can look at the second and see which song got the most votes for 2nd. Any thoughts on this?

We might do all of them in the future though, and once we get more members, we might even do some of these again c:.

7. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

One. My J [ in the song, everyone gets one line except Jessica who gets two so it's easy to break that up... plus, i am seriously in love with this song ;-; ]
    Two. Day by Day
    Three. Etude [ never heard that song until today o: ]

8. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

After much deliberation . . .

1. My J: I think it's sweet, peppy and a great debut for our subunit
    2. Etude: Another peppy song, but I think this will sound better once we have more members
    3. Day by Day: As much as I love this song, it's too ballad-y imo (even though I suggested it...)

9. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

Since I'm assuming this isn't limited to females only...
    Username: SynK
    Member You're Applying for: Taeyeon ()
    Favourite Colour: #65adce
    Contact info (anywhere outside of KHV?): ♫TwitterE-MailSkype『Spy-Kibs』
    Anything else?: # W E E B S L A N G