Kingdom Chronicles - A fanfiction

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Cin, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Kingdom Chronicles
    By Travis
    aka Cin

Prologue​

Visper swung the keyblade and knocked back the large beast. He got back to his feet, spinning and striking the beast on the side of the head. The beast lost its balance from the impact and collapsed. Before it could get back to its feet Visper leapt into the air, coming down to stab his massive blade through the creature’s skull.
    Visper now stood victorious atop the back of the dead creature. From it he could see for miles around. The fields of wrath had been destroyed by the battle.
    He surveyed the area, looking for enemies and comrades alike. All he saw was a sea of keyblades, stuck into the ground in all directions. As he jumped off the creature, the body evaporated into the air, leaving him alone in the desolate wasteland.
    He walked forward onto a narrow path that had somehow been created from the blades of his dead brothers and sisters. Visper could only look at the keyblades in shame.
    “They’re all gone…I can’t believe it. We’d brought a force of at least 5000! We outnumbered them 5 to 1 at least…” Visper thought to himself.
    He looked at each of the keyblades and knew each of their names.
    “Star Seeker…Fenrir…Sweet Memory…”
    He came to an open spot, and found only three keyblades there. They sat in the middle of a crossroads, paths identical to what he’d just been walking on went off in the cardinal directions. He stared at the keyblades for a moment, before recollecting their names as well.
    “Kingdom Key…Inverted Key…Way to Dawn…”
    He remembered their owners well. They had been strong wielders and strong friends. It was a shame they were gone now.
    His armor shined brightly as the sun glinted off of it, making a shining glow blanket the keyblades.
    Suddenly he noticed movement to the east. He turned his head swiftly, in case it was an enemy. He sighed, relieved to find another of his comrades walking down the pathway staring up at him.
    He smiled behind his visor. “Glad to see you made it Felania”, there was a small hint of emotion in his voice, though he hid his true happiness very well.
    “Likewise Visp-“
    She stopped mid sentence, looking past Visper to the path opposite her. She looked back to Visper and continued her walk down the path to the crossroads; she had a slower stride now.
    “You two are alive? How could all our captains and generals die and YOU remain alive? That makes no sense.” The third key-weilder strided up to the crossroads to meet her companions.
    “Glad to see you too, Kalmfa.”
    The 3 armored warriors met at the 3 keyblades. Visper began to speak, but Kalmfa cut him off.
    “So it’s just the 3 of us? Glad we killed those chaser bastards, but how can we continue in this small a group? We’re supposed to attack Myrcide, there’s no way we can claim the city with just 3 of us.”
    “We don’t have to, our mission was to open the lock on the gates, and then the army back in Cretur can attack and claim it.” Felania responded.
    “You really think I’m going back there? Draklor would kill us. How are we supposed to just go back and tell him the warriors he trained for the last 100 years are all dead? “Visper snapped.
    “I don’t know but we have to do something. The gate is our mission, and there’s no one standing between it and us now. If we cross the fields of wrath then we’ll hit the wall, then we can unlock the gate. Even if we die, we wouldn’t be needed anymore.” Felania’s voice was calm yet assertive. Truly a brilliant woman.
    “True…” Visper said.
    “Then it’s agreed, we’ll attack the gate and open it. Our mission will be complete and perhaps we’ll make it long enough to die at home.”
    Kalmfa looked down at the 3 keyblades. “Well, it’s just us now. We’re the only ones left who can wield the keyblade. I’m sure our fallen comrades wouldn’t mind us using them for our final mission.”
    Visper looked down now, hesitating, then reaching to grab the blade. He grasped the hilt of Kingdom Key and he was connected. The blade weeped for it’s master. He could hear the cries of anguish within his mind. He quieted the blade before looking back up at his friends.
    Kalmfa and Felania followed suit, picking up the Inverted Key and Way to Dawn. They each let out a sigh of greif before looking northward to their destination.
    They all gasped as the figure approached, the black hood and dark cloak symbolizing his rank as a Chaser. He strided slowly and quietly at first, before quickening his speed. He unsheathed a massive staff; blades protruding from both ends. As he came closer to the crossroads he went into a full on run. His speed was incredible.
    The 3 key-wielders got into fighting positions, each holding 2 blades at once. They all three could hear the battle cries of the keyblades as they prepared for battle. The blades themselves were a morale booster.
    The Chaser finally came into range, and the ever-impulsive Kalmfa lunged at him, attacking with several slashes and swings at light speed. The Chaser’s movement never faltered, he weaved in and out of the attacks, ducking a bit on the last attack. He came up spinning the staff. Kalmfa blocked the attack easily.
    “Heh…is that all you’ve got Chaser scum?” Kalmfa taunted the Chaser, hyping herself up for a long battle. She could tell right now that it would be hard. The Chaser loosened his footing a bit and changed his stance, keeping the staff in the exact same position. He gasped as she saw Felania and Visper’s blades both being blocked by the other end of the blade.
    “He…he blocked them and attacked me at once? That’s…crazy!” She loosened her grip on the keyblade in surprise, only to watch the Chaser wrench his staff from the web of keyblades. He pulled back and lunged, slicing through Kalfma’s torso. He was already on the other side of her when the blood spurted out. He leapt and changed direction in the air, landing to face the remaining enemies. Kalfma didn’t feel the pain till several seconds later. She was in awe. Blood dripped from her stomach as she stood limply. She fell to the ground, and evaporated into the air.
    Visper and Felania mourned for Kalfma, but couldn’t for long. The Chaser jumped into the air, landing between them, spinning the staff in an attempt to take them both out at once. The duo both jumped back, one to the east and one to the west. They’d been separated now, and the Chaser swung towards Felania.
    She jumped over the attack, only to be struck in the head by the hilt as the Chaser back flipped over her and hit her with it.
    He put his hands around her shoulders, gripping the staff as she fell into it. The hilt was pressing against her neck and he held her tight up against his body.
    She dropped her blades and reached up to her neck in an attempt to stop him from choking her. Visper saw the opportunity as a time to attack rather then wait for him to kill her. He lunged forward with his keyblades, swinging and spinning madly, trying to attack the Chaser and save Felania in any way possible.
    The chaser tossed the staff into the air, holding his right hand up to Felania’s throat. A hidden knife sprung forward and back, slitting her throat in the blink of an eye. The chaser leapt back into the safety of the air. Visper ran up to Felania as her body fell. He kept a grasp on his keyblades, but still went to catch her before she hit the ground. She evaporated into the air before she hit his hands.
    “Up here!” The Chaser spoke for the first time to taunt Visper. Visper held up his blades and blocked as the Chaser caught his still falling staff and slashed downward. The staff and blades collided and sparks flew as the battle of muscle began. Visper pushed forward as the Chaser held strong. The black hood of the Chaser hid most of his face, but the bit you could see was an insane smile. The Chaser laughed a bit before sliding his foot between Visper’s.
    Visper could feel the Chaser’s foot go behind his, and as the Chaser pulled back, Visper lost his footing and fell to the ground.
    The Chaser slashed downward again, trying to take out Visper who had fallen to his back on the ground. Visper rolled backward, getting to his feet and back into his stance as quickly as possible.
    He looked around for the Chaser but couldn’t see him. He heard a noise above him though, and looked up to see the Chaser’s cloak flap in the air as he struck downward. He stayed in the view of the sun and Visper was blinded. The Chaser’s staff struck Visper’s mask, and he could hear it break.
    A steaming piece of the mask flew off onto the dusty ground. The Chaser now stood, waiting for Visper to recuperate.
    Visper could feel the air now. It was cold, and there was an extreme dark feeling coming from the Chaser.
    “How do you feel now weilder? So close to death? It must be such a terrifying experience. Knowing you will die and fighting for you life. Running around like a little rat. Your friends were not much of a fight…please tell me you will make this battle more exciting?” The Chaser laughed a bit at his own words
    Visper grunted in anger. “You arrogant *******, you laugh at me for trying my hardest? I fail to see how this could be funny to anyone!”
    “Go on little rat, cry about it all you want. You’ve lost this war.”
    “I will not lose to a Chaser.”
    “I don’t think you have a choice in the matter…”
    The Chaser’s staff was enveloped in darkness and disappeared.
    “You’ve’ destroyed the key-weilders. How is that good!? We’re only trying to bring the world into proper order. A world without god or-”
    “Ha…you really think you’re the last one? You people have started a chain reaction that will never be stopped. Your little keyblades will always search out the one with the strongest heart. And keyblades can’t be destroyed, they will live on forever in the universe, searching out strong-hearted beings. Everywhere they go they’ll take destruction with them, trying to ‘bring an end to evil’, or ‘make others see the truth’.”
    Visper lunged, and The Chaser easily side-stepped the attack. Visper leapt into the air in rage, attempting to attack from above like the Chaser had done.
    The Chaser simply raised his hand, and the Kingdom Key appeared in it. He blocked Visper’s attack, and Visper jumped back in surprise. The Chaser held the keyblade up now, pointing the tip at Visper.
    “But, how-“
    A beam of light erupted from the tip of the Kingdom Key. The rest of Visper’s helmet was broken off, and you could now see his whole face. He fell to his knees and looked up to the Chaser. His spiky brown hair falling down in all directions. His blue eyes were deep with sorrow and fear as the Chaser approached.
    The Chaser stopped and looked down at the now pitiful key-weilder. The dust was blown across the fields of wrath, and the Chaser’s cloak flapping in the wind. Visper couldn’t find anything to say, and so he didn’t, the howling air said it all.
    “But why…?” was all he could manage.
    “Because, my god demanded it.”
    The Chaser held Kingdom Key up to Visper’s forehead, and the last thing Visper saw was a blinding blue light, and the last thing he heard was the insane laughter of the Chaser and wail of Kingdom Key as yet another one of it’s masters died.

Chapter 1: The Monster without a Name​

He hid his face well under that hood. Staying in the shadows, away from the people, making sure no one knew exactly who he was. If they did, they’d probably run him out of town. The man came upon the outer wall leading outside the town, when a guard of the city stopped him.
    “What’s your name boy? And what busy do you have leavin’ the village?”
    In the little village of Ceru, there’s a story told at night to the children, to keep them in bed. A story of darkness, murder, evil spirits, and a truly horrible person. The previous night, it had been whispered in every household, for everyone who had been alive at the time, could feel the story’s darkness creeping upon them once more. All through the town, as the lights blinked out, screams of false alarms rang out as children saw their shadows. Although they had all drifted off to sleep, there was one home still re-telling the story. The home of the Elder Kor was lit by every candle he could find. The only sounds to be heard in the town were Kor’s voice, and the frightful whimpers of the 12 or so people who had taken refuge in his home.

“The undying hopes for light, the vanquishing of the great evil, the songs of battle and the ones of victory, you will not hear them this night. For tonight you will all hear a story with no happy endings. No great vanquishing, no hope…no light. You may look around at the circle of graves, surrounding the village. You may wonder why there are so many, why they came here, who they were. Well, Ceru did not always have the graveyard circling the village. In fact, every single gravestone had been planted in 1 night, by 1 evil being.
    The young warrior Concrucio wielding naught but a shovel, had bludgeoned nearly all who were alive in the village at the time to the brink of oblivion. Keeping them conscious so that they may cry in vain and know the terror of being buried alive. 27 people were buried and killed that terrible eve, 28 if you include Concrucio himself.
    You see, for many years, Concrucio had been truly possessed by many evil spirits. Some say he killed 1 person for every wraith within him. Ever since his birth, he was never a lucky child. His parents died only 8 years into his life, and from then on he lived alone. He still continued his life at school, and pretended to be happy is all we can guess. He graduated as an ace warrior, strong and fast, he was a great asset to the village. His friend, Bonri was also a great warrior. Together they were a team that could not be stopped. As the years went by, they both guarded the village, but Bonri later said that during hose years Concrucio changed a lot. In his appearance, in his attitude, in everything. He became darker, fouler, and snappy. It is thought that around this time the spirits began invading his body.
    Bonri slowly moved further apart from Concrucio, Falling in love and marrying a beautiful woman, who would later be pregnant with Bonri’s son.
    Anyway, on Octobris the 3rd, exactly 16 years ago, the moon was full and a heavy mist fell over the village. Concrucio adorned his hood and grabbed a shovel, soon leaving his home, or so his neighbors heard.
    As he buried the last of the 27 victims that night, the mist grew thicker, and the village awoke. The clanging of blades and the flashes of still sent chills up the spines of all those in the village. It was utter confusion as spouses, siblings, and sons and daughters found their kin missing. A few of the braver men left their homes to investigate the apparently intense battle. They each let out gasps of horror as they saw the graves surrounding the village; each had the name of a missing person, written in their own blood on the stones.
    Even the men cried that night, but tears were shed little, as yet another terrible surprise reared its head. A cry of pain was heard through the town, the mist cleared and the moon shown through to the very middle of the town square, where Bonri and Concrucio stood. Bonri’s blade was lodged deep in Concrucio’s heart, the blood dripped to the ground and he toppled over, cursing Bonri.
    All those outside their homes saw the spirits leave Concrucio’s body, disappearing briefly before blasting straight through the village and into the open door of Bonri’s home. His pregnant wife was nearly killed as the spirits sifted in and out of her body, until finally resting in her womb.
    Although Bonri was their hero, the villages shunned him for the demon that sat in the stomach of his wife. Bonri and his wife were soon run out of the town, making a home in the woods outside the circle of graves. Their son, Bonriu was born shortly after, and for 8 years they lived contently. But Bonri and his wife both died the very same night, on their son’s birthday, to some unknown illness. Some believe that Bonriu is the reincarnation of Concrucio, others say he is simply possessed by the evil spirits his father had tried to destroy, and others say he is insane. No matter what he is, Bonriu still lives in that home in the woods, just outside the circle of graves. Remember to lock your doors, lock your windows, and keep the guard dog off it’s leash, or Bonriu is sure to come for you.”

Yes, he hid his face well under that hood. Staying in the shadows, away from the people, making sure no one knew exactly who he was. If they did, they’d probably run him out of town. Bonriu came upon the outer wall leading to the woods outside the town, when a guard of the village came up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder, and asking him to turn around.
    “What’s your name boy? And what busy do you have leavin’ the village?”, Bonriu was careful with his answer, trying to sound normal yet not threatening.
    “I have no name…and my business is my own.”
    “Eh, sorry boy. Didn’t mean to impose on yer or anythin’, but I got to know why you’re leaving Ceru.”
    “You won’t need any info on me, I won’t be coming back anytime soon.”. Bonriu pushed the guard out of the way before opening the enourmous double doors of the village and wandering out into the circle of graves.

2. C This silence is mine

Wow awesome fanfiction although it missed something I don't know what.

3. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

I beleive what it was missing was proffesionalism...XD

Anyway, thanks for replying. I'll probobly have the 2nd chapter up tomorrow...:)

4. Roxas OG

That was good!
    I am awaiting the next chapter. Is Bonriu a wielder or something?

5. Cin Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

I don't know Roxas, you'll need to find out tomorrow when I post the next chapter...XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.