Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Porting Thread (HD assets in PCSX2: A Discussion)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Jadentheman, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

We are in need with someone with a CFW PS3. So if anyone has one and is interested in a project PM me or Sora6645

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I wonder if we could start a donation thing yet. Im to sure if we are far enough to start that yet. but it certainly could help with the PS3 issue.

3. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Just got some more people. Things are going to get big in due time

;)

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

My YouTube channel got deleted so Im reposting the HD audio port video to show again as proof of concept in a new video.

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I imported the reaction command texture. I can reposition it above the command menu. Also got rid of all lines besides icon face lines. Scaled the lockon icons and the "Lock on" plate up top.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

crap double post. Auto merge do your stuff. and great cant embed images...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  6. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Do you have a way of mapping macro inputs in game?
    If so, a quick and dirty way to do reaction commands would be to macro Triangle to Up X or Down Down Down X

7. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

With the five slots right? Sounds good, but it idk how to move the fifth slot on it's own. When you try to move the fourth slot, the fifth one follows it

8. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Nah just with the standard 4 slots, since the reaction command just takes the place of slot 4 (since we don't need that slot for summoning).

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

OK heres the scaled HUD codes for Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix.

Things that are scaled:
    Command Menu/Item Menu/Magic/Party/Summon
    Command Menu Icons
    Little Speech bubbles that have "!" "?" and "!?" in them
    Lock On Icons
    Lock On Plate/[The word "LOCK ON!"]
    ALSO NO LINES!

Things I cannot seem to scale is the round HP and MP bars. If i try to scale them then move the X coordinates so much it becomes scrambled. I haven't not found another way and a texture hack will not work either. Also the first slots WILL NOT UPDATE for some reason. Need help with that.

There are still a few little icons that are rarely seen that need to be scaled so i will update them sometime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Hey, is this still a thing or has it been dropped, I think it would be easier to port translate something, all you really need to do is port Xemnas in, the port the new Keyblades, then mod it so that reaction commands can be used. Music and texture changes really don't matter, you also might need to resize the game.

11. CursedKeyblade1 Destiny Islands Resident

Oh and while at it, let's just had a cherry on top. That's almost impossible to do, you have no idea how hard that'd be.

12. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Which one would be impossible, and by the way, Sqaure had to redevelop the game from the ground up, they had to not only redo already done work, but they had to add reaction commands, which was done by modding, and resizing the whole game, among other things.

13. CursedKeyblade1 Destiny Islands Resident

Okay, well you must be a major KH noob and know nothing about computers. I would like to in a way call bullshit they rebuilt the game no port could be so perfectly built. 1. We don't have the tools. 2. Nor the resources. 3. 1.5 HD has multiple versions, you can import textures that are custom, but not music. Then you have to deal with crashes and graphical glitches and remaking every single model in the entire game. Not only that patching this game is an absolute nightmare.

14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

1 Sqaure did not rebuild this game from the ground up ! . I know for a fact becuase i looked at 1.5 files inside the game . They had the oringal ps2 files in there . So they lied to us about that.

15. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

didn't know that. Why would they lie? It's not like anyone really cares if they rebuilt it in the first place.[DOUBLEPOST=1421515973][/DOUBLEPOST]
    alright, you don't have to be rude.

16. Roxas1123 Moogle Assistant

They didn't lie. They said they lost the original assets, meaning they no longer had source material, such as source code and whatnot. They improvised, which is why moving Summon to the fourth Command slot was hard even for them, as well as adding in Reaction Commands.

17. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Somewhat, they indeed reversed some of KH1FM explaining PS2 files in the ISO but they also used some of the source code files hidden in Jap KH1 also and maybe their beta code (since that had a 4th slot for summon in the trailer) and rebuilt all of it into 1.5 with the extra features.

My only question was why couldn't they run the original music well that was due to time constraints and maybe also PS3 hardware. I remember Falk from NeoGAF gave a short discussion on that.
    Regardless if PS4/One ports happen (rumored KH 2.9 stuff) then I can see that function being added back in. Also hope for KH 2.9 to be a reality for both consoles because that further increases PC odds of getting it (they usually port the One version to PC due to DX and especially when it's more connected than ever)

18. root670 Destiny Islands Resident

There's source code on the original JP KH disc? Where is this located? I've taken a look at the files using crazycat's extractor but it looked fairly similar to the contents of the US version.

19. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Majik found it in ASM hacking a while ago. Its not all of the Source Code. He didnt get the real files. he just got the file loaction of the Source. It was for the World Map. I have it somewhere. He sent it to me on skype a while ago.
    Edit root i sent the text file in a pm man. go download it when you can. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  20. calibras Moogle Assistant

Out of curiosity, is this still being worked on?