Kingdom Hearts II Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix Is Looking Awesome

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Wish I could get both 1.5 HD Remix and 2.5 HD Remix (when it's out in the US), but alas, I can't.

Anyway, I think I still prefer the original Desire for All That Is Lost:

29:12:

Wish the guy would have had better sound quality, but oh, well.

2. Explode Who?!

I don't think it's the recording. From what I remember, they played up the audio distortion in Timeless River to make it feel more like something from the 1920's.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, I watched the battle with Demyx after and its sound was fine.

4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

This is going to be awesome! Just 3 more weeks!

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I only have 3 more weeks to finish 1.5. Whoops

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

Which I actually prefer. A lot.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I didn't even know there was distortion in the original Kingdom Hearts II.

8. Explode Who?!

Yep. Sounds were all muffled. I think they added sound pops/crackling in 2.5. It kind of bothers my ears, but it's a nice touch. I'll have to see how it is when I'm actually playing.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Maybe I'm deaf. o_O

Watching this already HD video and setting YouTube's quality setting to 720p, it doesn't sound muffled to me (22:52):

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That doesn't sound muffled? I remember first playing Timeless river and wondering if my game had messed up because the audio was different

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Just two more weeks!! KH 2.5 HD ReMix is just around the corner!!

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

And... here's an English video. Skip to 19:54 for the battle:

Also, a question, @iwantedtoexplode: Alongside playing up the audio distortion, as you mentioned in your first reply here, did they also add some variable for the voices? If you pay attention, there are some times where Pete won't say "Get out of my way!" when using his pound attack or you, Donald, and Goofy won't yell or grunt when getting hit. And so on. Is that part of the "playing up"?

13. Explode Who?!

I noticed that also. It might be a variable, but more than likely it's a bug. There are weird audio issues throughout the game. For one thing, they localized audio to the camera in a very extreme way, where sound fades off very quickly if it's far away from the camera. If you look at the fight with Zexion, his laugh at the start of the fight gets quiet when it cuts to a shot of Sora, then gets louder again. In the fight with Jafar, I couldn't hear some of his lines, since that fight has a big scale. There may also be problems with overlapping audio coming from the same source. When Xigbar does his ultimate attack, you only hear about half the number of shots that you originally did. And originally Saix grunted with every berserk attack, but he only does every other one now. I've also yet to hear him say "All shall be lost to you", which is odd.

I don't mind the localized audio, because I think it helps with surround sound, but it should have been double the distance threshold, so you can still hear things that are far away.

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yup, definitely seems to be a bug in 2.5 HD Remix, regardless of the language, obviously. I just watched the Shan-Yu fight in Japanese and noticed the same thing.

Skip to 1:18 here and listen to Goofy when he gets slashed repeatedly. He grunts when he gets hit, but he doesn't yell when he gets hit with the knock-back attack that immediately follows (or it at least appears that way -- he might have started yelling, but then stopped):

However, skip to 1:28 here and listen to Goofy when he gets slashed repeatedly. He does yell:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  15. Amaury Legendary Hero

I really hope they fix that voice bug. From watching videos, it's really annoying. Primary example with Demyx at 22:20 here:

Really noticeable with Goofy in this video.

16. Antidote Façade

It's hard to concentrate with that guy talking over everything- is it Goofy using one of his attacks but remaining silent?

It's strange because I don't actually notice these things until someone points them out, especially in battles. I'm more aware of audio glitches in cutscenes. I'm betting Square won't fix this though lol.

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

When he keeps getting hit, he stays silent, whereas in the original he doesn't.