Kingdom Hearts at Disney World

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Cutsceneaddict, Nov 19, 2012.

?

If PROJECT: Magic Kingdom Hearts happens, would you like to be a part of it?

1. Yes

98.3%
  2. No

1.7%
  1. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

I love this idea. Especially with the kickstart that the KH series has put into the Disney nameplate, I think they really should be embracing the KH universe more, rights and licensing permitting, of course. Although I am sorry to say I will not be able to attend, please let me know if there is any other way I can help support!

2. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

Glad you like the idea so much! :) And I agree. Disney owes Kingdom Hearts for recruiting a lot of fresh fans, myself included.

A lot of fans have expressed their desire to be part of the event, even though they can't physically attend. Several of them are hosting mini parties at their homes with friends and wearing their favorite Kingdom Hearts cosplay/costume or T-shirt in order to celebrate along with us on October 25th. They'll be sending in photos from their own mini-events to the website. Be creative! We'd love to see what you can come up with.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, important update! Magic KIngdom Hearts is now on Tumblr, Deviantart, and Facebook! ****** Please go check them out and "like," "subscribe," or "follow" if you want. We can use as many "likes" and "followers" as we can get. ****** A lot of new attendees are finding out about this event through these social networks. Each page offers its own exclusive content, so consider following each of them and "share" with others. The links to these pages are below:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Magic-Kingdom-Hearts/351463924964961?ref=hl
    Special content focuses on Kingdom Hearts fanart, as well as general updates. You can even send in your favorite piece of fanart to be featured on the page!

Deviantart: http://cutsceneaddict.deviantart.com/
    Special content focuses on photos from our convention appearances, as well as photos from our first trip to Disney while cosplaying--the trip that started the Magic Kingdom Hearts movement. If we ran into you at a con, you may just find a photo of yourself here! General updates are also posted here, along with special wallpapers and other MKH content.

Tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/magickingdomhearts
    Special content includes fun facts from Kingdom Hearts, along with character quotations, videos, and more. General updates are posted as well.

As a sidenote, subscribe to our pages with confidence, knowing that we keep things as clean and friendly as the games themselves are. :)

3. Sara Tea Drinker

YES!!!

*coughs* I mean...

That sounds awesome. Me and my mom are going to Disneyworld (hopefully) at the end of October. I hope it will be up and running by then. I seriously want to go and check it out. Thanks for the info. =3

4. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

So glad you approve :D

This is just a one-night event, happening on October 25th during one of Disney's Halloween nights. You're more than welcome to join us then, though!
    If the event is sucessful, who knows? We may just have to do it again sometime...

Hope to see you there! We're getting close to 50 attendees now!

Be sure to check out our website (click my signature!)

5. Sara Tea Drinker

That's most likely when we'll be flying in. I guess I could go in for a night. My mom would throw a fit on the wasted day, but who cares. Kingdom Hearts at Disneyworld, I really pray that I make it.

6. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

That would be perfect timing! I hope that you can join us :)

...Just don't give your mom any grief, OK? ^^

7. Sara Tea Drinker

She said if we go we'll go a day early. I am now trying to get her to watch me lay Kingdom Hearts. =3 It's not too hard so she understands what's going on. How long do you have to sign up? I still don't know if we're going.

8. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

The event isn't until October, so you have plenty of time to sign up. I would try to sign up at least a few weeks in advance to ensure that you can get your tickets and all :)

9. Sara Tea Drinker

Does it cost any money to get in the event? We're on a tight budget as it is. Sorry for being a pest. Thanks in advance.

10. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

No worries ^^. I don't mind answering your questions. :) It does cost money, as it's the price for a regular Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween event ticket. Last year these tickets cost about $64.00. You can probably find answers to other questions you may have on our FAQ page.

11. Sara Tea Drinker

Can you leave early? I don't see myself staying up until midnight then heading back. :/ And I do want to get a souvenir and probably a lot of pictures. :D

12. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

You are welcome to stay as late as you want and leave as early as you want :) The event is intentionally open-ended, so that individual attendees can basically do whatever they want. If you want to make the most of your ticket, you'll probably want to stay for awhile, but you certainly don't have to be there the whole time.

Hope that was helpful :)

13. Iain Merlin's Housekeeper

YES! KH must be a part of Magic Kingdom!!!

14. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes it should!

Also while I'm still iffy about going (money and all plus actually GETTING there...) if I can't I might send some pictures of me as ether Sora or my hopeful cosplay of Gokai Red from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger playing Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix!

15. Iain Merlin's Housekeeper

Heh well if all else fails that could work.

16. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

If you can't physically make it to the event, please send us a photo of yourself doing your own celbration on October 25th. We have several fans doing this from across the nation and the world :) We'd love to feature your photo on the website, along with the others.

I just want to say thank you all so much for your encouraging support. The event now has over 60 attendees, and our Facebook page has grow to almost 600 followers in a very short time. My team and I are working to put together a mini Podcast that will be featured here on KH-Vids. In it, we'll be discussing some about the project itself, as well as talking about what kinds of Kingdom Hearts stuff we would like to see in Disney World (and what kind of KH presence currently exists at the parks).

We're looking into doing some Livestreams soon, too, where we host a live Q&A and you can get your questions answered about the event, the staff, and Kingdom Hearts in general.

Thank you all so much. We are currently looking for affiliation opportunities, so if you would like to affiliate with us--or spread the word about us to other KH fansites--that would be an enormous help.

You can check out our How You Can Help! page for the best tips and tricks on getting the word out.

Cheers! ^^)/

17. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Can the event also celebrate KH3's announcement?

18. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

Most certainly! I think that, if anything, the announcement of KH3 is going to add a lot of enthusiasm to the event. Perhaps Disney would even be more responsive to us with such a landmark game coming around the corner. :)

19. PureCrysis Moogle Assistant

Would love to see it & that picture of sora is fudging creepy[DOUBLEPOST=1372556311][/DOUBLEPOST]OMG imagine loads of people just walking around in black coats then when everyone is paying attention to us we take down our hoods

20. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

That Sora costume is rather disturbing, isn't it? But you've got to give Disney props for recognizing the series on such an enormous level.

And that thing with the hoods would be very dramatic. O.o