Birth by Sleep Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Speed Run

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by redhairedking, Jul 31, 2011.

1. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

Hello everyone! I am considering attempting a speed run of KH:BBS. I plan to start with Ven's story and do the whole run on beginner mode. I just wanted to make this thread to see if there are any other speed runners on kh-vids. Has anyone else attempted this? What strategies have you been working on? I think that commands like Fire Dash could possibly speed things up a little bit, I'm not positive though.

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Well i don't normally do this, i always play it on standard and "slow pace" of beating the game in 3 days... but it's fun to challenge yourself to if you enjoy it. I did that with Days on Critical, was hard, but sharpened my skills.

Stuff like fire dash will, and the thunder one as well, also megaflare kicks some serious unversed butt. just use high level magic to help you on your quest.

3. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

So I've been working on speed run routes. I think I can do Ven in under 3 hours. My only problem at this point is recording. Is anyone on here familiar with recording footage from a PSP 1001? I've tried to get remotejoy working but it always freezes when the screen turns white when booting a game. Any help is appreciated.

4. RenimLucario Moogle Assistant

I might take a crack at this, see how fast I can do a full run of Vens story, in Final mix, only fighting required bosses, I can tell Ventias is gonna be pain instantly.

5. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

I've considered this, but probably with Aqua. She seems to me the easiest.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It is quite challenging from what I've heard, I don't want to try it as I want to enjoy and savour my games for what they are, I enjoy leveling up and killing unversed when I can. What exactly does a speed run entail? Do you have a certain time limit or just see how fast you can beat the game in?