'Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road' - New Details Revealed

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    As promised, Square-Enix has revealed more information on the new mobile entry in the Kingdom Hearts series, 'Kingdom Hearts: Dark Road'. It's been revealed that the game will be playable within the Union X app, and won't be a separate download, though players can still play through it without having played Union X. The overall look of the game (such as character and world designs) is very identical to Union X. But unlike Union X, Dark Road will utilize a high speed card-based gameplay that is dependent on the player's reflexes. It appears the game will allow you to play as Xehanort in his early years (and possibly Eraqus too?) as he explores various worlds, and dives deeper into Xehanort's friendship with Eraqus, and what drove him to become a seeker of darkness. Check out screenshots of the upcoming game below:

9rEzN5VYw.png 9rnHN7aHAJ.png

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Lauriam
      Lauriam
      Greeeeeaaaaat a card based mobile game in the art style of Union X.

At least they didn't waste an interesting storyline on it. Now I won't feel bad for not playing it.
    2. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Never thought we'd revisit Chain of Memories card-based game play. I'm not sure how I feel about it, not that I disliked it per se in CoM but it wasn't something I was crazy about either.
    3. Cia
      Cia
      I feel like they're testing the card based gameplay again with this. Although I always thought the KHUX medals were similar to the cards. I wonder why they didn't just stick with medals. Either way I'm interested in the story so I'll have to play this.
    4. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      The original browser version of X also used card-based combat—as did Flick Rush in DDD, so cards have never really left KH, lol. It'll be interesting to see how it plays here.