Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ThePenitentMan1 Moogle Assistant

Gledson's English patch may not be perfect, but it's far from unplayable. You can, as I have, play through the entire game from the first Dive To The Heart cutscene all the way to the end credits on Gledson's patch. It's just that you need CrazyCatz00's patch—which is otherwise vastly inferior to Gledson's—or the original Japanese iso for the few minor areas where Gledson's patch falls short.

Maybe if music modding becomes possible for the HD ReMIXes, I might be interested in switching. Until then, though, I'd vastly prefer emulating the PS2 version, where the music is already exactly as I want.

2. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

I know Gledson's patch is playable. I beat it, using a Japanese ISO to get the Ansem report. But for those who don't want to have to deal with it, the ps3 versions of 1.5 and 2.5 are fully playable on pc is all I was saying. I didn't realize, though, that 1.5 changed the music? was a lot of it changed or only some?

3. ThePenitentMan1 Moogle Assistant

It's cool. :)

As for the music, the sequenced MIDI music from the PS2 version was replaced in both HD ReMIXes with live re-recordings. In KH1 and KH2, the vast majority of the music was redone, while the others only had a few redone tracks.

2.5's KH2 isn't bad at all (<Insert obligatory mention of He's A Pirate here>), but I don't really like what they did with 1.5's KH1. The performances and orchestrations mostly sound sort-of half-assed; Villains Of A Sort sounds less menacing, Hand In Hand sounds less heroic, and Dearly Beloved's obviously flubbed trill is infuriating. The programming isn't much better; they didn't correct the loop for Night On Bald Mountain to accommodate the DDD version, and the music-programming masterpiece that is the original Dive To The Heart Destati devolves into an absolute mess in the HD ReMIX.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  4. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'll have to replay through on ps3/my pc. last time I played KH1 was this patch so I didn't realize.

5. ThePenitentMan1 Moogle Assistant

Most people either don't care about the change, or actually do like it. At least that's how it was during 1.5's initial release. I personally don't like the change, which is the main reason I started emulating the PS2 version in the first place.

6. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Because I enjoy keeping tabs on this and have no earthly idea of where to actually look for Gledson's stuff (unless he's just... gone), I was wondering if anyone had heard of any new developments.

7. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

The last version of the patch released is on the previous page. It is complete and awesome, with the exception of you don't get the Ansem report when you beat Kurt Ziza. I believe there is one other bug, regarding an ability but I do not recall it and it doesn't interfere with completing the game or getting 100% collection. The fix for the Kurt Ziza bug right now is to change to a Japanese original ISO file for that fight and save after, and switch back. I, myself didn't find out about the issue until i had almost beaten the game so I had to use the Japanese ISO and a cheat to fight Kurt again so I could get the report.

As for a real fix, Gledson seemingly hasn't been around in a while and Sora and others who worked on this seemed to have moved on to other things so. it is what it is. If you emulate for PC play the PS3 emulator has gotten to the point where KH 1.5 and 2.5 work very well. Otherwise, maybe some day someone will finish the fix for those who want it for their PS2, or who just prefer the PS2 version.

8. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I didn't realize it was that complete. So the bug with Ursela is gone?

Very cool.

9. Xemnova Moogle Assistant

I've recently played through entirely and can say for sure it is that complete. The only issue I've had so far was the ansem report from Kurt Zisa, which thanks to this thread and another I was able to boss warp and nab it.

Aside from that the only other notable thing is I can't seem to get the red armor in my journal entry no matter what I do, which would be okay if it weren't for the fact I'm on normal mode and trying to get both secret movies, and that is the only thing stopping me from the journal completion I need for that. I'm hoping if I complete the Phil cup enough times it'll spare me and give me the entry...

10. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I did a quick search for you on that and another user on Gamefaqs had a similar problem.

The components of Red Armor are in the Phil Cup. The "whole" Red Armor is in the Hades cup. I suggest trying the Hades Cup (they said it's seed 38, "37 originally") if you haven't.

That other user said that beating it in the Phil Cup "a second time" was what gave them the entry; still I recommend doing the Hades Cup too since it's the whole Heartless.

EDIT:
    Boss warp to fix it? What'd you do exactly? I'm curious.

11. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Something interesting i've noticed is that the addresses in the game do not get moved around in Gledson's patch the way they do in the other. This means all codes work with gledson's patch, including the Critical Mix mod, which I never would have expected to work.

12. Xemnova Moogle Assistant

I've done both the hades and Phil cup on both the patches and unpatched iso, the only thing about the hades one is I quit after I do that fight, maybe I have to go until I win or lose, which would be tedious. Guess I'll try it out.

Basically, I booted up the original Japanese iso with a pnach file that included a cheat code to warp to the Kurt zisa boss fight. This let me re-enter the fight after I had done it, and being on the original unpatched iso the game awarded me the report and ability afterwards. After I saved and continued playing the game with the patched iso, I had made a third save in case that cheat broke my save but it didn't seem to affect anything afterwards aside from Aladdin being in his house again.

Only reason I did that is I saw rkimbal45 in this thread and the cheat code thread talking about doing it after having already completed that fight just like I had.

13. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Ahhh. Okay. Thanks! I'll have to remember this.

14. Nerd42 Moogle Assistant

I thought I'd jump in here to say why I think it would be really nice to have a truly complete and definitive English patch for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on the PS2 even though the PS3 version is playable on PC, and that would be:

1. You need a really good computer to be able to play the PS3 emulated version. Not everybody's got that.

2. Even with a really good computer, you can do something with the PS2 version that you can't with the PS3 version and that is VorpX. VorpX is a software that allows you to use a VR headset to get stereoscopic 3D graphical effects in games that weren't designed for them, basically enabling you to play non-VR games in VR, including PCSX2. But that probably won't work with the PS3 emulator, or if it did then it wouldn't be at a playable framerate.

3. I'm hoping that there will be cheap single board computers that can emulate the PS2 in a few years, and having Kingdom Hearts Final Mix in English on there would be nice. Cheap single board computers that can emulate the PS3 are probably at least a decade away or even two.

So seeing these patches get fully completed would be really nice.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  15. Uber Moogle Assistant

The links in this thread are a bit of a mess. Here's the link to pretty much everything:
    And I'll mirror it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iw8jOx55pwvVgW3XBYI05eOiXNH8CjuX

Is there a clear, plain English guide as to how these patches are supposed to be used? As I have read, Gledson's rev2 English patch is the latest and most complete.
    Do I use the Gledson Rev2 .kh1patch file just by itself with the ISOMaker and KH.ISO? Or do I also include all the files in "KH1 FM Patcher" which I believe to be Crazycat's patch. To further add to confusion, there's a rar file within the KH1 FM Patcher called KH1FM Fully English Patch rev1. Do I extract this and replace all the files in the root? Or do I extract it in "import" and replace there?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  16. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

You just use the gledsons'. No other patches are needed. Gledsons' patch, an unpatched Japanese kh iso and the patching program. That should be it. Don't apply other patches unless you want some whacky results.

17. Lichtverbunden Moogle Assistant

Hi sora6645. First off Thank you for the existing German patch for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix.

Sadly, it isn‘t playable at a certain point due to subtitle issues. In the first Disney Castle scene where Donald is waking up Goofy, Goofy is about saying something when the game stops. I tried patching the ISO with only german voices and that worked, so it is the subtitles which are the issue.

Could you look into it if you have time to spare? Or could you tell me which files are responsible for the speech bubbles, so I could use these at least in German?

It is so irritating to hear the German voices with the English subtitles.

Sure I could play the English version. But I grew up with the German version of the game and also watched every anime in German. The game feels a hundred time more special to me in German than in English. Why I want to play the Final Mix edition in German on PCSX2 is due to the newly released mod Critical Mix which is only available on the Final Mix edition of the game. It is so promising because a lot of things are changed there. I would love to play the game in that new way.

Thank you for even having made this patch, so I can play it partially in German.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  18. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

I'm seeing gledson's patch causes the cutscene skipping feature of KHFM to break in the vast majority of fights. It stlil works on maleficent and xemnas. Does anybody know what causes this?

EDIT: It's caused by the translation being done with .ard files from the english version being copied over to final mix, instead of the final mix .ard files being translated.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  19. betakiller Moogle Assistant

Hello.

Does somebody know how to contact the creator of the translation? I am a member of team which makes fan-translation of KH1 into my language, and we have some technical issues. I would be very grateful.

20. Phones21 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey, hi, I am new at this, since I only found this forum and this subjects desesperate to make the ansem report 11 to appear in my emulated kh 1 final mix. Followed every paged, and every comment on this mattered, looked for tutorials to make the cheats actives and blabla, but I am still not making the boss warp code of kurt zisa work. So I am here, commenting to you that made it work, to, please, really from the bottom of my heart please, to describe every step of it. I know the pnach file works because the Hp bar, the combo master, and the 60fps works, but I do not see how to re enter Kurt Zisa boss fight. Maybe it's not well written in the file or idk what else to do inside the game to make it active, so please let me know. Sorry for the long comment. I will pass a photo later on how does it looks. Please if you can, do the same.