Kingdom Hearts I - Texture Hacking

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by ReindorkGames, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ReindorkGames Moogle Assistant

Hi, I'm Jenn. I joined this website for the purpose of seeing if I could texture hack Sora and then others in a ISO of Kingdom Hearts (Either regular or final mix). I know there is more modding support for Kindom Hearts II and if I have to switch games so be it, but I'd like to try doing the first.

I tried figuring it out on my own, got the closest with Texmod but still didn't have much luck. I really want to see if I can do this though, that's why I'm asking for any help or advice. I'm not to worried about the editing part, I just need to know a good program to extract the textures and put them back in.

I'm unsure if this is the right forum for this type of question, but I hope I guessed correctly. I'd be ever so grateful for any advice where I can get it. I'm trying to texture Sora as my Kingdom Hearts fan character if this works out.

[​IMG]

I realized I don't need to extract any textures if I use the ones from here. https://www.models-resource.com/playstation_2/kingdomhearts/model/1302/

But there is still the issue of knowing the right file names for the texture and how to pack it in an ISO. 8/

Just for example of what I mean for TexMod botching up. I downloaded Disgustor's KHII Sora Texture as a test and the result is thus embarrassingly. It seems to be loading textures at somewhat random all over not just Sora, but the map too... CrazyCatz00 had some editing tools but when I opened up a Kingdom Hearts ISO it was all bin files? And I'm pretty sure you need mdl and image files to change textures- Ah... It's so confusing haha.

upload_2017-10-28_16-26-24.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2017
  2. ReindorkGames Moogle Assistant

[Update 10/29]

I figured out how to use CrazyCatz00's tools, made some space heartless as a test.

[​IMG]

I tried texturing Sora for cutscenes (Because I also got the KHII skins working on his in-game model), but the textures I edited caused no results. I know there are many multiples of the textures throughout the file, so perhaps I did not find / modify the right high-quality one... Still, I'm glad progress was made. c8

By the way: If anyone can suggest a good viewer for MDLS files, I'd be appreciative.

[Update 10/30]

And so the reskin begins.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[10/30]

It's done.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  3. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

https://mega.nz/#!1axWBbxb!G-uEQ2wgUhze1ABv_hII4HFZNennitsSUnUxHwztPUY here is a link to the Noesis that can veiew MDLS(KH1) MDLX(KH2 and FM) and bbs(.pmo) it should work but let me know if it doesnt work. i been using this for years and it works perfectly!