Kingdom Hearts II Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ North America

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by fullmetal_otaku, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I just have to say this.

I really really don't like it when people say "If Square was smart they'd bring it here".

It's not that simple.

You know the entire reason why Final Mixes have always been released in Japan without question is because the games are developed locally, produced locally, and distributed locally. The cost for "local" productions do *not* cost as much money as it would if it was an international release.

Once you start dealing with international productions, your budget goes right through the roof. Final Mix has for the most part, stayed in Japan because they make money over there. The ratio of returns versus money spent to produce the game are far more in favour of profit within national borders than international ones. And because the Final Mix games aren't new games in themselves, but re-made ones of the original with extras, the selling point for the game is by no means on par with a 100% completely new game title.

You all need to stop objectifying your love for the game with what you think SE's 'best course of action' is regarding these Final Mixes.

It's not an easy choice to make. It's a gamble. You need to understand that.

EDIT: Also, of course games are made for the fans, but at the end of the day, Square-Enix is a business. And if that business wants to continue making games for its people and keep making money to continue making said games, they need to survive the market and avoid a shutout by competitors.

2. Timyx Destiny Islands Resident

Okay I've had a number of things on my mind with this but my mind always wandered to one even if it's stupid or my facts are wrong or whatever. Square-Enix is teamed up with Disney right? An Disney is American correct?[If I got that wrong than disregard this "paragraph"] Well then in this case then they should bring it over. If Disney is U.S then the U.S should also see FM+ and Re:Com.

I understand fully about the rest that you guys say about the cost of the production an everything involved with it...yet..I know ALOT of people over here that have heard of FM+ and I know quite a bit in the U.S has heard of it too. Esspecially now with youtube alot more people are seeing Japanese cutscenes an that an in turn they will find out that we "may not" be getting it. Also alot of gaming magazines go in print over here an even they talk about the game so I find it hard to see that not many have really heard of it...

Really..I can't even buy online or anything so i find it almost impossible to own the game then IF I could I can't modify my PS2. So that leaves me outta the game with only the cutscenes here at my disposal- an thouse arent even enough to satisfy any fan of the game. I personally wouldnt mind it being shipped here in Japanese as I like both the english voice cast and Japanese. I would find them sending it out in..no voice..kind of..weird to say the least. Not to mention it would turn me off a little towards the game. An now I forgot the rest of what I had to say..*sigh*..

3. PuffinBoy415 Twilight Town Denizen

It's obvious that the people at SE know what the characters are saying in KH2FM, so that's not necissarily their setback in bringing it to America. The major setback is the codeing for U/C or PAL concoles. As far as manufacturing and being afraid of not having people buy it is out of the question: we are going to eat up every copy! Why? Cuz we didn't get KH1FM and so now we can get 2 in it and all the content.
    The problem is not in FM, it's in RE:CoM. They would need to get entire new voice cast for the English, total over-codeing, and the game is ENTIRELY Japanese! No parts of the game were (as far as I can tell) intended for U/C or PAL concoles! It'll be a lot of work!
    What they could do is release them as seperate games and give us 2FM around winter in time for the holiday rush and get to RE:CoM by maybe next summer.
    The reason the voice actors are so important in the decision of bringing a game over is because if Japan has voice and this game doesn't in some places, it'll seem weird and not go over so well in the casual gamer. For the hard-core KH lovers we could care less just give us translations and voices on the side. But also getting Jesse McArthney, Hale Jole Osmid, and all the happy crew back on this project after a year isn't going to be easy. Even for 1FM they just used old english audio clips from other parts of the game to fill it in. They didn't bring them back. This is what is presuring them and keeping their decision from being public.
    The media and fandom will be demanding an offical comment/release date by their SE party in May. If I'm correct, we'll know when/if it comes out in U/C / PAL by then.

Forgive horrible spelling and all that technical stuff

4. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I agree with you 90%. FM+ won't sell as well as KH2 did, 99.99% sure of that. If something like that had been guaranteed to work, every successful video game would've been doing this "Final Mix" trend ages ago.

Bringing "bonus versions" overseas is a large gamble. It always is.

5. Grey_Fox_79 Destiny Islands Resident

6. Taki King's Apprentice

I went to a suck up phase, so Ill say what my Uncle said to me:

7. darkroxasxiii Moogle Assistant

it can get boring if you have to go to your papers everytime you dont understand something, even though, i'll admit, i used refrences when looking for synth items for ultima in the first game,.....but i have heard several rumors that the whole set (kh2 and re:com) will be released in the US, like Star Ocean 3: Till The End of Time....KH2 Final Mix+ can be the second director's cut game in the US......we'll have to wait until the fall season

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

KH2:FM+ will be released in the USA when Scotland win the World Cup. :p

9. Grey_Fox_79 Destiny Islands Resident

lol im CLEARLY not sucking up im being COMPLETELY sarcastic...i figured u guys would see that lol

10. adventsora Destiny Islands Resident

11. TheRisingSun Merlin's Housekeeper

ahh ****.... now ill never get it.

12. hektk Merlin's Housekeeper

i read on wikipedia that it woud coum here in the u.s in fall of 2007 but thats on wikipedia so it coud just be all rumers :(

13. PuffinBoy415 Twilight Town Denizen

Uh, Wikipedia can be changed by ANYONE. Becasue it says so means about the same as one of us saying it will come here...

14. DogBoyX King's Apprentice

in a Smash Bros brand box Obsession: Death N
    just hope...
    too much content to pass up for NA and Euro release
    *waits*
    **** it. bring on the petition

15. jengajam Merlin's Housekeeper

I saw that you were sarcastic. Who didn't?

Thats the spirit! Now sign these petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/kh2fmus/

http://www.petitiononline.com/KHremake/

16. John S. Banned

Has a patitien ever brought a game over seas?

17. Inasuma "pumpkin"

^ LOL, nope, never.

Petitions fail.

18. The Great Gatz Chaser

Ok we all know Wikipedia suxzorz. But the source was 1up.com. the "release date" is at the bottom of the article.LINK

And more of 1up.com lying. They should make up their minds. Winter or Fall? This year or next? LINK
    What is surprising is that they have a release date and ESRB rating of Rating Pending as if the ESRB was looking at it to decide the rating. That means it would come here but 1up is starting to seem less reliable that Wikipedia. Why do they do this to us?:(

19. Full002 Destiny Islands Resident

There is a good chance it will come out because Nomura talked about the relese and Americans and I belive one of the sentences he said was "I will not let the US Fans down!" So that probably means it will come out. If it doesn't that would totally suck for me because my mom and dad doesn't trust getting stuff internet. And getting my ps2 modded is to muxh of a hassel because if you do you would have to burn all your games and I don't have a dvd burner.

So lets just wait till Fall a.k.a possible relese and see if it comes out if it doesn't yeah we will be pissed off but sooner or later well have to move on with our lives. :D :D :D

20. libregkd -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.