Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival (Working Title)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Soushirei, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Working on Chapter 18 at the moment, actually.

Too uncertain to make any promises, but it's being worked on. As for how far I am, basing on the statistics of how long my chapters usually are now, this one's about 18-20% finished.

I have a good feeling about today, though. I might get a lot of it done.

2. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

Originally I thought that was a typo, but then I found it.

Wtf, no kidding. Chapter 17 has indeed been sitting before my nose the whole time and I hadn't the slightest - so apparently I was waiting for nothing, lol. /: Wah, why didn't you give a heads up...>_>And didn't you used to update your sig?

...Well, blaming you for my inability to keep up with the updates isn't going to change sh!t, yes D': I should be slapped. (oryoushouldcreateamailinglist!*shot*)

Anyway, whatta say mah ol' man? Outstanding job as always XD I've probably said this before but I feel the need to stress it again: you have no idea how much I'm falling in love with your Kairi, here. <3333 Mah wittle brave soldier :333 You weren't lying when you said you'd flesh out her character better, and I'm really greatful for that.

....):

8D! I knew it! I knew she'd eventually show herself!

3. Soushirei 運命の欠片

XDD I must be an idiot. I could've sworn you had read the chapter, but when I went back and checked I realized that you didn't post anything about it. o.o

And there is a mailing list.. type of thing, I think. When you subscribe to a thread, I believe there's a setting to tell the forum to email you whenever a new post is made on the thread. Of course if anyone else posts on it that isn't me, you'll get alerted but... lol, if that bothers you then fiiiine, I'll PM you when chapters come out.

And thanks for liking my Kairi, :3. I'm hoping she'll be enjoyable till the very end.

I'm gonna be working on Chapter 18 again today (probably will be the last time that I can work on it until Wednesday since I have a final that day), so hopefully I can at least get the majority of it done.

Thanks again for the awesome support! You're all uber. :3

4. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

YES. PM PLEASE. ;___; I don't want to come across that same slap like I did this afternoon....xD I can't tell you how utterly shocked I was, especially since I remember complaining about it. I think I was gaping a bit.

YOU'RE UBER FOR MAKING SUCH AN EPIC STORY.

5. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Been a while, but I finally got Chapter 18 out for you. Sorry that it took so long, but that's just simply how it is these days. I can't thank you all enough for the continued support and interest, and I hope you all continue to enjoy this fic.
    Off we go then.

-- Chapter Eighteen --
    No proof-reading as usual, so overlook mistakes, thanks. :3

6. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

^LOL no, not much action happened, but it was still just as interesting to know a bit more about our favorite Ventus. :] (plus, I got inspired!) I liked the part with the Keyblade, how he got his name. If I remember correctly, at one point you called baby Ventus "Ventus" instead of addressing him namelessly. <.<;

Btw, I was kinda shocked to hear about the ages...wtf, the Captain's like twice Ari's and Ven's age. I wasn't expecting the age-range to be that far apart; I figured the Captain was only some years older than Ari, and she was probably a year or two older then Ven, lol. I don't believe you ever mentioned their ages in the previous chapters, so it's only now I'm taking notice of it xD; Either way, that doesn't stop it from being the wonderful chapter that it is. <3<3<3 The usual, thanks loads for the update!

And. I figured you wouldn't care if I dumped my doodles in the thread itself D': Just, tell me if I should shove it to an art thread instead. I'm becoming more instant with drawing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AHAHAHA! I lol'd at this part xD;; It was pretty cute; Sora seemed like such a eager 5 year old kid tugging on his elder for a story.

7. Fearless A good and beautiful child

If i was there with them, the first time ventus told me his name after getting his memorys back, i expect the conversation would go something like this:

me: HIYA ROXAS!! =D
    ventus: actually its ventus now.
    me: o.O
    ventus: its true.
    me: well, you may be ventus to everyone else, but you'll always be Roxy to me! =D =D
    ventus:...
    me: =D
    ventus: *smacks me*
    XDDDDDDDD

8. Soushirei 運命の欠片

:3 First off, I love your drawings. The usual awesomeness of your work is always welcome here.

As for the ages thing; yeah, I'll review what was revealed up until this point.

Prior to this chapter, the only reference made about the ages of any of the three Chasers was during one of Ventus' flashbacks while he was in the Room of Awakening. Kairi mentions that "[Atticus isn't] old, he's only twenty-eight!"

Now during this chapter, in the flashback we learn that Ventus was 8 when Atticus was 17. Doing the math, that makes Atticus 9 years older than Ventus. You were also correct in your guess about Ariannas' age. I didn't mention it yet, but since you hit the nail on the head, I might as well say it: Ariannas is two years older than Ventus in my fic. That means in the flashback when Ventus and Ariannas first met, he was 8, she was 10, and again, Atticus was 17.

Fast forwarding this information to the other flashback when Atticus is declared as 28, we now know that:

(According to my fic), the ages of Atticus, Ariannas and Ventus during the events of Birth By Sleep are: 28, 21, and 19. This is important to know because these are the ages they were when they perished, meaning the Ventus we've been seeing up to this point is his 19 year old self. Therefore, to summarize some of the ages here:

Atticus: 28
    Ariannas: 21
    Ventus: 19
    Sora: 17
    Kairi: 17
    Riku: 18
    Leon: 28
    Yuffie: 19
    Cloud: 25 (Advent Children age +2)
    Tifa: 24 (Advent Children age +2)

It's important to note that this doesn't mean that Kairi and Sora were born when Ventus was 2 years old, as this wouldn't make sense since we clearly see that Ventus and Ariannas were already 21 and 19 when Kairi was still a little girl. Essentially, two important things happened:

a) After perishing at the hands of Nocenarus, Atticus, Ariannas and Ventus' time froze (after being brought back, they retained the same physical age as they were during the battle of Birth by Sleep)
    b) I've stated in a previous post, but traveling worlds doesn't necessarily mean time flow is universal in all of them. Traveling from the Land of the Dreamweavers to Hollow Bastion can be seen as traveling many years into the future.

This is why it was possible for Sora and Ventus to both exist at the same time (since Sora is the same age as Kairi, and grew up around the same time flow) even though Sora is supposed to be Ventus' reincarnation.

XD Anyway, it does seem a little shocking that Atticus was 'twice' the age of Ariannas and Ventus during this chapter, but I had their ages during Birth By Sleep already in mind, so I had to alter it accordingly so it would stay uniform for future reference. Perhaps it's simply one's own opinion on age, but Atticus seemed significantly older than Ariannas in my opinion, and I guess I based a lot of that on the maturity I seemed to gather from his facial expressions and the structure of his body and what not. As well, as people progress well into the late teens and into the 20s, the age differences tend to 'blend' in such a way that it's hard to tell people's ages in terms of its magnitude. Consequently, while it seemed like a huge gap back when Atticus was 17 and Ventus 8--and certainly it's easy to see the difference in their physique since 8 is basically a child and Atticus was already looking like a young man--as Ventus aged toward 19 (after hitting puberty and what not lol), that aesthetic age gap closes quite a bit between him and Atticus--who in comparison probably didn't physically age as much as Ventus did. Again, it's all an interpretation anyway, but I hope settling into my age range won't be that hard to get used to.

Thanks again for the support, everyone. :3

9. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I haven't been working on the fic because university is demanding of my time. I'm currently in the midst of my exam period so I won't be working on the fic at all until after the 24th of April.

I apologize for the long haul between chapters; I haven't forgotten about the fic at all!

And thanks for the continued support.

10. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, I tend to sex change my characters a lot it seems--several times in the same sentence! Creativity just leaks out of me.

EDIT: Just a little update for those who already didn't know or haven't been keeping up on the blog, the fic has gone live on fanfiction.net and the first arc (Chapter 1 to 10) has finished. The second arc (Chapter 11 onward) will begin being posted starting next Friday. I review each chapter before posting it on FF.net and consequently, every now and then I've had to insert/remove new lines/dialogue/paragraphs into chapters to better consolidate the story. That being said, the chapters posted on FF.net are the revised/revamped final versions. These occasions are few in number so far so there isn't any dire need to read them all over again to understand the little bits and pieces that were changed/added. However, if you do want to read them again to see what has been changed, feel free to visit the FF.net link of the fic here:

Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival
    Don't be shy to leave a review if you take the time to read. ;3

My finals are done so I will start get back to working on the fic again so hopefully Chapter 19 will be out to you soon. Thanks again for all the continued support!

StupidAquarius, if you get to read this, I hope the commission you accepted from me is going well. ;D

11. Soushirei 運命の欠片

It's been a while, I know. School's school, right?

Anyway, my original intention was to wrap up Act II in one chapter, but after pre-planning for so long, I've come to realize there's just too much content to cover, so it will have to be split into three chapters; the final chapter spanning two separate releases with a buffer just before it. That buffer is the new chapter I'll be releasing today.

Note: Those who are new to this story (since I'm sure there were new members who've joined since I first posted this fic and haven't been able to see it since it was BURIED in the depths of the Creativity Corner), I've posted every available chapter thus far (including the one I'm posting today) on Fanfiction.net in their final edit forms. What this means is that if you do decide to read the fic based on the chapters posted in this thread, bear in mind that some changes have been made to certain details of the plot, and the overall grammar/spelling/punctuation has been improved. So if you want to read the most revised version, FF.net is the way to go

The link can be found here. Please review if you can. ^_^

Anyway, here's Chapter 20.

12. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Wowness. I've been reading through this story the past few days, and I must say...this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. No joke. Absolutely amazing. I can only dream of being as good as you someday (I write a fanfic on here, but it's nothing compared to yours!)

Keep up the good worok!

13. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Thanks, Kairi_girl_92.

It's great to see that some people are still reading my work. I know the gaps between chapters have been extremely long in many cases, so I appreciate the continued support.

And good luck with your writing as well; practice makes perfect as they say.

14. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Geez, mate, finally! I have waited a long time for this. It's torture for us fans.

In terms of CnC, I fail in that department. I liked how you add more depth to Ventus and his relationship to Ariannas. It's great to see someone write a character who isnt flawless and perfect in everything. I also liked the little detail of a Class A portal and how you made magic more sophisticated and complex than it appears to be. Btw, thank you for once again breaking the norm of 'lovey-dovey' in fanfiction, particularly in that scene with Sora and Kairi. Too often a fanfic always states how the two fall in love and start a relationship instantly.

Kudos, Soushirei, keep it up!

15. Soushirei 運命の欠片

A/N: Happy Friday, everyone! Huzzah! We are approaching the end of Act II, yes? As I said before, this is part 1 of the final scene of Act II. I was actually debating on extending this chapter a little further, but after thinking long and hard about the overall structure of the chapter, I decided that it was best to let the last scene of this chapter get the final say, and not get overshadowed by the next event that I had in mind. I thought it was particularly important, and I hope you all agree. So off we go!

P.S. If you have any sad music. Now is the time to play it.

Chapter 21a

16. Forever Love Life Without Limits

I got an email about this update on ff.net and read it then. It was really good, really emotional and powerful. I enjoyed it a lot. Great job, man. Hope to see another update soon. =)

17. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

WOW! I thought for sure that Kairi was a gonner. I would have hated you so much if you had her die.

*sobsob* I can't believe Ari turned bad...I feel so bad for Ventus.

This story is amazing, keep it up!

18. meteora319 Moogle Assistant

Chapter 19

Where is it? I looked for it and i didn't see it and when is Chapter 21b? Many people may have left but i am still here to read i have been here since the prologue!

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I don't think he's gonna be updating it. If you want you could sent him a PM(private message) asking for it. Though, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think this is over.

20. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o