Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival (Working Title)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Soushirei, Feb 22, 2007.

1. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

i cant wait for the next chapter!!!:D

i dont wanna rush you though Soush cause then it wont be as good as it can be, but its so good as it is - makes me excited!!! lol :p

2. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the pace I'm going at is really unpredictable--slow as of late.

I only have one proposition, which may benefit some, and may inconvience others--depending on your pace of reading:

This doesn't solve the issue of making the releases quicker (as it all depends how much I get done each day), but I could post chapters in parts. Some parts may be longer than others, as these would be posted length-wise at my discretion, but it may appease some of you, perhaps, if you'd be able to read something of the next chapter.

At the same time, I hope it doesn't inconvenience others that may feel a sense of incompletion when reading these 'parts'. While I'll be sure to not end them in the middle of sentences (granted), this may lead to more cliffhangers, etc. At best, I'll try to end them at the end of a scene.

Tell me what you think, it's really up to you guys. My writing speed is really up and down.

3. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

hmmm...id rather wait for the chapters lol but thats just me :p cause then i have more to anticipate and even though i get all excited, its worth it when you get the whole thing :)

4. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    Sorry Soush... but I agree with oX Angel Xo...

As antsy as I am, patiently waiting for the next chapter, it just wouldn't be the same not getting the full chapter.

XD, I would probably get even closer to insanity if you kept leaving off on cliff-hangers.

But still, keep up the fantastic work, and I hope that luck is on your side when it comes to your writing time.

5. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Current word count: 2,015
    Pages: 4

Progress is very slow at the moment. I don't think I've been able to work on it over the past few days. I've been pressured with looking for a summer job and enrollment for my courses in September is becoming difficult.

In fact, today I have to visit my college to straighten out some paperwork because I can't enroll in the courses I want to due to me being in the wrong Faculty. Blah, lots of work to get sorted out before I can settle down and write.

Plus, once I get a summer job, some days may be more limited than others to write.

So, all in all, lately the story's been at a standstill. Once again, I plan to finish this fic, just time won't allow me to progress at the moment.

Thanks for your continued patience and interest.

6. Darktorith Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for the update i just was wondering since its been awhile and hey this is a great story maybe you should send it to Square Enix

7. JellyBeing ALL. THE. BUTTS.

I'd rather read the whole chapters; not sections. If you placed it in sections I'd feel as if you were taking away a certain substance from the reading.

When your life is hectic it gets hard to find time to write... I know. >_<

Anyways I can't wait until you do post the next chapter. :D
    Keep up the good, scratch that, great work!

8. ShadowMancer King's Apprentice

I like your story! it's really interesting. keep on writing! or, typing ;-)

That was a loooooooooong chapter!

9. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah! finally finished:DThe story's awesome. How did you get the idea? Were ya just sitting round one day and randomly decided to make an awesome fanfic? I can't wait until the chapter comes out!

10. Soushirei 運命の欠片

The idea... hmm.

Well, the way my mind seems to work with stories is that I'll have a single event in my head, and I'll formulate the story around it. Usually this 'event' that comes to mind is either right in the middle of the fic, or the ending. In this fic's case, the ending was the first thing I had in my head. XD.

And no, I had the idea since maybe February 2006, during the school year. I didn't actually start working on it until late June 2006, where I would spend the rest of the month formulating an outline for the first ten chapters. The fic is still a lot of work, and it's actually quite stressful when the writing just won't flow--which is often. Overall, I am looking forward to finishing it.

Although I will admit this next chapter is obviously taking me a long time to finish, due to school and summer job-hunting, the progress of this fic is still a lot faster than the last fic I completed. It took me over two years to finish a fic I wrote back in 2000 (and that fic was only 84,000+ words after it was finished). It's nearing the one year mark for the progress of this fic and I'm a little over halfway finished (and the fic has surpassed the 70,000+ word mark already). In that perspective, I'm happy with my accomplishment.

Thanks a lot for your continued interest and patience. I really do appreciate it--and I do know what it's like to wait for something you want to see. I, myself, am waiting anxiously to finish this fic.
    Well, I finished my first year already. I took Chemical Structure, First year Biology, Intro Psychology, Calculus for Biology and Medicine, and Computer Science.

11. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Hmm, nope. Doctor in Medicine is too hard. I'm not that smart. XD

Something in the field of Psychology. Not quite sure if I want to go as far as PhD, but definitely Psychology-related.

Forensic Psychology was one of my interests when it was discussed briefly in one of my Psych lectures. We'll see how that goes though.

Thanks again for the support on the fic, everyone.

12. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Mostly because I only see writing as a hobby. For me to become a great author, I'd probably have to study all sorts of literature (i.e. probably study English at University for several years and pretty much earn a degree). However, I don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars for something that I simply do for fun.

If I became a full-time author, I'd pretty much have to write to sustain my way of living, and that would greatly affect the quality of my work if I'm forced to write to 'stay alive', instead of writing whenever I please.

And besides, fan-fiction is the most enjoyable for me, but it definitely won't get me anywhere in terms of being published. ;p I'm much too lazy to write original fiction. I tried once; the outline took too long.

Thanks for the compliment, though. ^^

13. Darktorith Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey i was wondering if u r going to put Donald and/or Goofy back in the story? they were there in the begining but left and havent come back so whats with that?

14. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, Donald and Goofy will have very little cameos from here on till the end.

To be honest, they just wouldn't fit the character dynamic I've set up with future events, so they've been taking a back seat since Sora and co. left Disney Castle.

I've mentioned them every now and then, mostly in narrative (like when Goofy and Donald visited Sora when he was unconscious in an earlier chapter) and I think that's as far as I'll go with them.

15. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I really don't know, that's the truth. It all depends on how my writing mood is. There are times I've forced myself to write and only accomplished about 500 words, and would stop because it'd just be a mess. Other times, I'll write non-stop and be onto something and finish an entire chapter.

Things don't go that way very often, however.

As for finishing the fic, I really don't know. It's all a big mystery.

16. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I'll be frank, not much has been written since my last update. I will make an effort to work on it tomorrow, however.

My chapters usually are around 5,000+ words, 5,500 more specifically. So more than half of what I've written is still required until I finish.

This is an average, though.

17. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Omgz, Chapter 13 is here. 9,000+ words abouts. Sorry that it took TWO months to write. Chances are you won't get another chapter soon, so hopefully you'll enjoy this one.

-- Chapter Thirteen --
    Yeah, didn't edit/proofread this chapter either. Kinda just wanted to post it and get it out of the way.

Thanks for the continued support; this fic isn't dead! It just has one very inadequate writer working on it.

18. TAFKAA8 Banned

Nice chapter. No complaints other than the wait. Just didn't expect you to kill off or at least make it seem like you did anyone this early.

19. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    ...NOOOOO!!! CID!!! WHY!?!?!?! DDDDDX

Definatly worth the wait! But... curse you and your cliffhangers! XD

There was one thing I noticed though... just to help you with your editing...

... you missed the "get" between the "just" and "wish". That's all I noticed though...

AMAZING WORK NONE THE LESS!!! Can't WAIT to read the next chapter... even though it seems like I'm going to have to... XD

20. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Argh! XDD I'm incredibly ******ed with noticing the most obvious of syntax errors. I've already proof-read the chapter about twice tonight, and still didn't catch that error you found until having read your post. Blah blah blah.

As for Cid... <.<;;;

I know. ; ; I hope Chapter 14 won't take as long as this one did. We shall see.

Thanks for your continued support, everyone! D: