Re:Coded Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded: Underappreciated Gem, or Easily Overlooked Filler?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Feb 5, 2013.

?

Re:Coded: Gem or Filler?

1. Gem

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Filler

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Somewhere in the middle

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  4. No opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. A Zebra Chaser

Or something in between?
    Personally, I stand firmly n the 'gem' category. Re:Coded is my favourite game to play, beaten only by KH2 and BBS.
    I also think the story is incredibly underrated, with many people saying you only need to watch the secret ending. I dunno, I've always been a 'journey, not the ending' kind of guy, so I just enjoyed the ride.
    In my opinion it is somehwere around the first or second best written in the entire franchise, with actual character moments and interesting but not overbearing references.
    The gameplay variety was a welcome surprise as well. I expected that many experimental styles to be bland or buggy, but they all turned out surprisingly well... except for the Wonderland bit, but when has that ever been a surprise? Wonderland is never good.
    So yeah, all in all, I think Re:Coded is a great game, and doesn't get the respect it deserves (I mean, it followed Days, anything after that's an improvement, right?)

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

The world "gimmicks" (don't know another term for it so I'm gonna stick with that) were definitely the best part of coded for me. Rpg, side scroller, just all that variety was pretty awesome imo. Then the system sectors were pretty neat for the most part. Overall, I don't consider it a bad game or "filler" that many do but actually a pretty good game. It's definitely not one of my favorites but I admit it is pretty good to play.

3. 61 No. B

I've said somewhere else that it doesn't need to be a game. It could be condensed down into about a 5 minute video by cutting out everything unnecessary.
    If they did that they could just have put it on the end of KH2 or any other game and we wouldn't have to play re:coded.

that said re:coded is still a really fun game and I like it a lot.

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

It's somewhere in between, in my opinion, majority of the story could be put into a cutscene of some sort. It isn't really a gem, but it isn't a filler either. The game was good though.

5. sonicfan23 Traverse Town Homebody

This is true to an extent. I mean, they COULD'VE just made it a 5 minute long cutscene, but I think that it was a great game overall. And at least it gave us something to do while DDD was being made.

6. 61 No. B

That's what I'm saying. It's a fun game, but as far as story goes it doesn't need to exist.

7. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I don't know if it would work as a giant cutscene as Kingdom Hearts 358/2 were made in KH 1.5 because the main difference beteween both games are:
    Recodded is fun to play, but the story is kinda silly
    358/2 has a good, new story, but the gameplay is the worst in the series (and all the missions being all to similiar also doesn't help).

So skip playing 358/2 while not experiencing the gameplay could be fun, expecially if they put recodded in Kh 2.5 as it has a way improved version of 358/2 gameplay.. but watching 5 minutes of the game explaing way we are seeing the same worlds for the 999999º time wouldn't be fun.

We also need the portable games to be available in Ps3 as this is the main reason of the remake.. make all the "handled side games" in the console so most fans would have all the KH experience whithout the need of buying 4 video games.

8. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I LOVED the Stat Matrix. Mixing FFX Sphere grid with the traditional level up system and being able to choose which stat was in the next slot, was my favorite part of the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!! But the Story was pretty good to, at least in my opinion...

9. Labrys King's Apprentice

Eh I wouldn't consider it a filler at all.
    It's a kingdom hearts game meaning that this game has a certain meaning to it. It's important in it's own way.