Kingdom Hearts: Recollect

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by cstar, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstar stay away from my waifu

The creature continued placing as much focus on destroying the machine as possible, especially since the whirring was becoming visibly louder. In a moment of desperation, the creature let out a screech as dark tendrils ripped out from all sides to attempt to push the others as far away as possible. The two that ended up caught were Cerdic and Chrono. But once caught, the creature seemed to just hold the two away as their grip tightened. It lumbered much slower under gravity, and the creature seemed to realize that it was a now or never situation with destroying the extractor. The extractor sparked a bit at the next hit the creature gave.

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

"Chrono! Cerdic!" Daeni yelled, glancing between them and the extractor. She started to run towards them, but stopped when she heard an audible spark from the extractor. "Alder,please help them. I can protect the extractor, you just help them. Please!" she begged, turning back to the extractor and striking relentlessly at the creature. "You won't take me, my friends, or anybody else. This is the end for you!" she yelled out, stabbing at the creature repeatedly with her keyblade.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    There was not much he could do like this, even so Cerdic still struggled against the creature holding him in place, putting his force into struggling and making things difficult on it. "Don't worry about us. there is much more important things to deal with." Cerdic argued. If the machine broke then they would all end up dead at this rate. Perhaps if they could fix what they started though, things wouldn't be nearly as bad for them, or at least Cerdic hoped that would be the case. But if making sure this worked meant leaving himself in harms way, then he would do it, he had no choice but to do it, he was the least important one there and wouldn't let them protect him over what they needed to protect.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Being restrained by the dark creature was everything but ideal for Chrono. In this state there was nothing else that he could do beside attempt to break free from said restraints. Said attempts were feeble at best, but it was all that he could do. "Just focus on the extractor right now." Cerdic and himself could no nothing from their position, nothing to help defend the extractor or repel the monster. Finishing them could be easily done if it really wanted to. The extractor was its prime focus which meant that they were not a priority for the time being.

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Gah!" Alder made a hasty recovery after being pushed away and rushed forward once more to jump at the creature and attempt cutting off its tendrils while using his Maximum Honordrive. "You're not getting any farther!" He struck at the tendrils and looked over at Daeni. "They can handle themselves. We can do this. We just need to keep pushing forward just a little longer!" He called out, moving back towards the Extractor to take a glance at its progress.

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

As the team struck at the creature, either by attacking it's body or by cutting at it's tendrils. The creature let out a cry of pain as it let go of the final two. It backed away in pain as a reflex, and just as it did so, a small alert appeared on the screen of the machine simply saying, "EXTRACTION READY" with text towards the red button saying "start" and text towards a blue button saying "cancel".

7. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Yes!" Alder exclaimed as soon as the Extractor was ready. He dropped out of his fighting stance and rushed over to the control panel, giving one last glance at the creature. "Good riddance you damn monster!" He then smashed his fist against the red start button hoping this would finally put an end to Ria once and for all.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Once the creature released Chrono and Cerdic, Daeni ran to retrieve them. First she dragged Chrono back, but he really just walked since he wasn't as injured...or so she thought. She left him next to Alder and the machine as she ran back and put her arms under Cerdic's armpits and dragged him away. "Sorry if this hurts." she said. "I saw the blow you got back there....looked painful." she said, letting go of Cerdic and helping him sit up. She knelt down to her knees and pulled out a Potion, offerring it to him. "Thank you, but please don't put your life on the line like you've got something to prove. You're doing a great job, otherwise. Just don't go dying on me, okay?" she asked him.

Alder pressed the start button on the extractor and Daeni looked towards the creature, curious as to how this was about to go down.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

As the extractor began it's process, the humming completely stopped. Almost as if the entire machine decided to just shut off and stop cold. But then a higher pitched noise slowly made it's way from being relatively silent to a near-discomforting louder noise. The core began to spin faster and darkness began to be absorbed into it, beginning to rip the creature apart. It let out a noise of pain as it tried to back away from the machine, growing smaller and smaller as more darkness was absorbed out of it. The shape began to look human again, slowly taking on a shadowy looking version of Chrono before color appeared again.

Ria tried summon a portal of darkness but the portal itself began to be sucked over to the other one and he looked over at the group in fear, as if trying to find some way out before he clenched his chest and fell to the ground saying,
    "No... stay!" then gasped out as darkness began to swirl around his body entirely. It began ripping him fully apart from there as he glared towards Chrono specifically, then the others shortly after.

Ria sighed as he faded fully into darkness,
    "I guess I really should have this place cave in sooner."

As the final particles of darkness left Ria, three hearts glowing in a soft light emerged and floated in the spot he once stood. Daeni felt a slightly pressure leave her as another heart floated out of her chest to join the other three. One of the hearts that appeared when Ria faded floated slowly over towards Alder and floated a moment and flickered briefly towards him, before it began to float away out of the cave. The other three flickering and following shortly after.

If anyone followed them out of the cave, the four hearts began to float up towards the sky until there was a flash, and four shooting stars crossed the sky all together in the same direction before disappearing completely.

In the cave, the darkness continued to swirl as it seemed to create a portal to the dark realm. One that was very large and very vibrant with green and purplish colors. In almost an instant, everyone's memories returned to them. Gently, not painfully like many returned memories had caused before. Mora still laid on the floor, comatose. The only thing left to do was to turn off the machine to close the portal and return the darkness to everyone's hearts.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The tendrils that had been holding him may have been severed, but Cerdic was hurt and he couldn't make much of a move to do anything barely even able to keep to his feet. Thankfully he noticed the blinking of the extractor as Alder lurched forward to hit the button, starting the damn thing already. Dazed and watching Cerdic hadn't realized he was collapsing from exhaust and injury until he hit the floor and Daeni was there soon after to drag him away. She set him down shoving a potion at him and scolding him, but Cerdic didn't know why. Pushing the potion back and struggling into a sitting position himself he turned back to her. "It is nothing to prove, just putting everyone before myself like a person should. You know as well as I do that you needed to stay out of it's hands, and the extractor needed to work if we wanted to keep everyone safe. I just swallowed my pride and did what I had to in order to make that happen, even if that meant dying." Cerdic snapped a bit at her, not wanting to be lectured or babied for what he did. Sure he was sore, and barely conscious, but taking the potion, giving into her lectures would imply that she was right, he had been trying to prove something. Perhaps now he was, but all he was trying to prove is that he was not doing this for some selfish reason.

As he dragged himself up away from Daeni, the extractor slowly turning on and getting started, cerdic was able to witness the creature that had been tormenting them, getting destroyed. From there he watched as three hearts were freed, followed by a fourth that had found it's way out of Daeni. He watched them exit the cave but did not follow, he had a feeling he knew where they were going now that they were freed. After they were gone, Cerdic turned back to the others left in the cave. His memories returned to him and Cerdic found himself rather disappointed in them. He had liked to believe himself the hero of the story, but the more that he remembered, the more he realized that he wasn't that at all. If anything he was a tag along, ever the rich kid, seeking adventure only to sit on the side lines. Everything that he had convinced himself of during his time without memories seemed to be wrong, even the relationships he had with some people. What came as the most surprise to him though, was that those yellow eyed birds were not actually evil. He still was a little convinced they were though.

Turning to the other three that had survived this with him, smiling inspite of his battered state, he just looked at them.
    "Lets finish this." He finally told them, looking at the portal, knowing that Chrono or Alder would know what to do now.

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

A feeling of relief washed over Daeni once Ria was finally finished off. Daeni stood up in time to see the three hearts floating a bits away before she felt one leave her. "Don't go Marley." she begged, reaching for the little heart as it joined the others. She gripped her hand and pulled it back, feeling great sadness. Tears came to her eyes, but she wiped them away and smiled. She knew they were gone to where they belonged and she was happy that it was this way. Her keyblade armor finally faded away, if for a moment, and Daeni was able to relax as the memories washed back over her body. Her heart ached, knowing she lost many of her friends, but she knew her bonds with the ones that were left had only grown stronger from the journey.

She opened her eyes to see Cerdic off by the others. She was happy they were able to get things back to some kind of normal. She was thankful they all worked and fought so hard to protect each other. After all, they were all that were left.

She pumped her fists into the air and looked over to see Moira's comatose body. She walked over and stood over the girl, not sure what to do now.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  12. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    With the tendrils that were restraining had vanished, Chrono had felt the relief as well as the freedom to be able to use his limbs. "I'm...fine?" Chrono had said, noticeably confused about why Daeni had made it a point to help him when he most certainly wasn't one who needed help. That honor went to Cerdic, who she did go to assist. Some satisfaction was felt watching the dark creature shrink as it lost its darkness, but the lingering disdain remained when the darkness took a form similar to his. He didn't want to be reminded that all this was connected to him.

Chrono had laid eyes on the portal right as his memories had returned. There was no pain this time around, in fact the missing memories had just fit into place like a puzzle. It had put some things into perspective and answered some of the questions that still lingered about in the former haze that was his head, but overall it didn't make him feel any better. Any room for doubt was gone.

"Just get it over with." Chrono was quick to turn away from the portal and walk towards the cave entrance. Now having all his memories had left him no desire to stick around here. He wanted to be away from it all, especially while some desires still lingered about within.

13. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Alder removed his armor once he saw the end of the creature, letting out a long sigh of relief now that Ria was gone. Every heart it had taken was released and one lingered a while longer than the rest, moving closer to him for a brief moment. "Goodbye Relli..." He whispered in a pained voice just before it floated away with its newfound freedom. The heaviness in his own heart was lifted and so too did the fog in his memories. The guilt he felt over his part in these events too faded and was replaced with a newfound determination to undo the damage that had been done to this world.

Alder made his way over to the extractor and deactivated it, shutting down the machine before it could harm anyone else on Orphic Coast since leaving it on for too long would have killed off its inhabitants. To render the device useless he removed the Core from the machine and took the gloves to carefully start moving it. From what he could recall, a high enough drop would cause the Core to destabilize and explode...and luckily there was a cliffside and ocean nearby to absorb the blast. He wanted to ensure that no one would ever use the Core again and this was the only way to do it.

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

As the machine shut down, the portal fell apart and the darkness began to quickly spread out across the world and return to the hearts of which it was stolen. The darkness no longer lingered in space, instead the seemingly perpetual mist of darkness was finally gone. Some birds began to chirp happily outside despite it being the middle of the night, and everything seemed to finally be peaceful. Like the aftermath of a long and windy storm.

Slowly, but cautiously, the black haired girl in the cave was lowered to the floor and she began to stir, sitting upwards and looking around for the others, groggily,
    "Ugh... what happened... did you guys finish it?"

[​IMG]

Mora shifted to try and find the spot she was shot in by Ria. The wound was still there, leaving a scar that might always linger there, but it wasn't sucking away her energy and that made the girl sigh in comfort as she tried to stand up, stumbling a bit because of how weak her body was since her strength was still returning to her.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It was almost a comfort having the part of his heart that was taken from him back, even if that part of his heart was fill with darkness. He supposed that pure light just wasn't for him, he needed a balance in order to survive properly. Staring at where the portal had been, Cerdic heard a voice from behind him and spun around to see Mora struggling to her feet. As she stumbled, Cerdic rushed over and helped steady her. "Woah there, take it easy. No rush anymore. It is done with.... We... we did it. It is gone. That creature is gone. Alder and Chrono... Aevum was able to fix the machine, and get it working. They saved us. I don't think we could have held out much longer against Ria without them." Cerdic turned around and gave both men a slight smile. Sure he was still pissed with Aevum, but now he could see that he was doing everything to make it right again, so it was hard to stay pissed at him forever. "What do you say we get you home?" He asked Mora figuring she would like to see her village again now that everything was fixed.

16. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni moved to try and help balance Mora, but Cerdic had already achieved that. He then suggested taking her home, but Daeni shook her head. "I don't think that'd be a good idea. She has a keyblade now...they attract heartless..." she spoke, extending her hand to summon her keyblade. "It's a weapon that chooses it's wielder. Now, she has one and must choose." Daeni cleared her throat.

"We're by no means masters...at least I don't remember being one." Daeni laughed. "But, Mora, if you want, you can come with us and adventure. See other worlds and stop this kind of stuff from happening anymore...you don't have to, though. It's entirely up to you." she finished and put her hands behind her back.

"Cerdic...thank you." she said, looking at him. "You too, Alder and Chrono. Thank you all for helping figure this whole thing out."

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "So what are you saying. Because I have a keyblade I can't return home. Heartless come and go anyways. There are likely to be far less with Ria gone. But either way heartless exist. If they were to come, wouldn't the town be safer with someone who had the ability to protect it than left on their own." Cerdic tried to argue with Daeni. Yes having a keyblade was a burden but it didn't meant that you had to take the person away from home. You learn to live with it. Perhaps even becoming a local hero with it. One didn't just run away the moment they found out they had a keyblade. She didn't. The master from his world that he quite admired. Why should he encourage Mora to run away?

Cerdic then gave Daeni a warm smile
    . "And thank you for stick by our side. Come on Daeni, Mora, lets meet up with the others, then Mora can decide what she wants to do. But I see no reason that she shouldn't go home if she wanted to." Cerdic continued as he put one hand on Daeni's back to lead her out, while the other hand was around Mora, helping stabilize the girl.

18. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Alder took in a deep breath and carried the Core past the others, glancing over at Mora for a moment while pausing in his steps. He was glad to see the girl alive and well despite everything that had happened to her. "Now to take out the trash." He muttered lowly before continuing on to the cliffside. Heat radiated off of the Core and somehow, it almost made Alder shiver from the power it let off. It was definitely the strangest feeling of hot and cold he had ever felt.

"It'll be good to know that no one can use this ever again." He held out the Core over the edge and gave it a short toss to lob it over where it would crash into the crags and ocean below.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    The moment Chrono had stepped outside of the cave he took himself a seat. After everything that happened you would think he'd be happy to finally have all of his memories back, yet in reality he wasn't happy nor sad about it. He wasn't sure how to feel really. There were no more questions on what he did or didn't do nor any holes to spawn said questions. All he could do was sigh, sigh while gazing off into the distance. "Now what am I supposed to do?"

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

"Our keyblades draw the heartless..." Daeni simply stated to Cerdic. She stood up and grabbed Cerdic's arm. "Don't leave me....please..." she asked him. "After all, we are..well....kinda best friends, right?" she chuckled. "I mean, maybe, my head's still fuzzy on that one. Kinda torn between Marly and you, after all. Marly is gone, though, so I've really just got you to be close friends with. You, Alder, and Chrono are the only people who know the pain and suffering. I don't want to separate any time soon. So let's go back to Mora's town."

She kept a hold of Cerdic's arm as she walked out with Mora and him, just in time to see Alder drop the core off the cliff. Daeni sighed in relief. "Good riddance." she spoke curtly, her eyes glancing over to Chrono. "How do you feel, Aevum?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.