Kingdom Hearts: The Movie

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Rho, Nov 19, 2009.

?

Which one?

1. KH Anime on Disney Channel

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. KH Anime on Disney XD

48 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. KH Live Action on Disney Channel

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. KH Live Action on Disney XD

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

If Kingdom Hearts ever becomes a movie, it would probably only be successful as a CGI film, and NOT a live action movie. I don't think that most movie-goers would buy a live-action anime-kid-with-spiky-hair meets Donald Duck and Sephiroth, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'd still go see it in theaters, but I doubt the majority of movie-goers would share my opinnion xD

That being said, CGI would be perfect for a KH film, and Square has more than proven their abilities with Advent Children already (at least, in their animation department; storywise might be a bit of a different issue). I think that a new in-between story would be a good idea, as fans wouldn't be able to say that "the game did it better." This would also ensure that the movie was not simply a re-telling of one of the many Kingdom Hearts stories and that it would have appeal to all kinds of fans looking for something new. It would be a good excuse for Square to dig deeper into the characters and bring out some "untold plotpoints."

Even then, I wouldn't mind seeing a direct adaptaion of one of the games, much as 358/2 Days has just been done. I'm super excited to see it in English. ^^

Would I want to see a Kingdom Hearts movie? Sure. I wouldn't mind. I'd actually really enjoy a "movie-like" take on the franchise. But if it meant damaging or harming the series' reputation, I'd have to say "no."

2. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

If they could do something like Advent Child for Kingdom hearts then I would watch this a million times. But it needs to be something everyone can enjoy. Maybe not follow Sora, you could do something like the heartless entering the worlds. Maleficent invading Hollow Bastion, a fight between those inhabitants of that world, finding out what happens with Lea and Isa or maybe have some more backstory to DiZ and his experiments, and at the very end when the world is taken by darkness have Kairi wake up on the shores of Destiny Island

3. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

FINALLY someone who dislikes Sora! Everywhere I go people are Sora fans! But thanks for liking my idea

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

CGI needs to be added in the poll because that's the kind I want.

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree. I'm fine with either an Anime or CGI. But hopefully it won't have a horrible plot like Advent Children.

6. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

No ... A tv show or anime, sure but a movie, not in a thousand years because again too much fracturing and frankly to repetitive and this is comming form the guy who watched the original pokemon show watching Team rocket getting blown up was fun the first time them got old on the 3rd launch.

7. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

A live-action movie? Hardly.
    I'd bet in an animation anime-like for one of Disney channels (the normal or XD, I don't mind).
    Maybe even a mix-animation, with Sora and KH OC being anime-like, and Disney character, well, you know...

They did that Sitch! anime by mad house, no? They could just follow the recipe.

8. Sp3lling3rr0rs Merlin's Housekeeper

I agree ^^
    Jesse McCartney has talent, but in acting? It's OK. I think an anime would also be better because then my little cousin would think it's another movie with the Disney Princesses in it. Plus, with live action, they would probably making into a very different story line, with different details like in Maleficent.
    I think it's more realistic to expect a KH anime movie than a live action.
    Also, only Haley Joel Osment can pull off Sora's voice. As a fan, I wouldn't like it if they changed Sora's voice just because an actor was able to look like him.

But hey, if anyone has the guts to try, it's Disney.

9. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I think an anime would be great, considering a lot of people have already tried doing so. If you look up Kingdom hearts anime on youtube, you'll find tons of fans trying their takes on the animation. However, a CGI movie like Advent Children would be pretty cool too.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

10. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Agreed, anime movie would be best, though I would prefer it if they did what they did with Persona 4 and make it into a mini-series, rather than a single movie, or a trio of movies like they did with Persona 3