1x1: Kingdom of Ruin

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Aelin, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Harry grabbed the arrow, Sasha's eyes went wide. Despite him asking for her to keep her voice down, as the arrow was swiftly yanked from her shoulder she couldn't stifle a loud cry of pain, or the three bolts of lightning that struck down not far from their location and the rain that poured harder for a moment. Once it was done she let out a small whimper as he wrapped her shoulder the best he could. "W-we need to get out, then get help." Someone anyone would do, but they would need to clean the wounds to deal with everything properly.

2. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry knew that Sasha's wound needs cleaning but they did not have the time to do that now. "Sasha so you know which way is north?" Harry put away the sword and was ready to start running when Sasha was.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    No she didn't, and her how storm made it hard to tell direction. Sasha was not fully educated but she did know east and west in the castle, she used that to at least guess the general direction of north, but as soon as they were away from the castle she wouldn't as easily be able to figure it out. Instead of running north however she ran directly east, the way they were facing, just to get into the cover of the town. Once they found some darker allies to hide in, she then turned them to what she thought was north. "Any idea where we can go?" She whispered as she slowed down to creep between the streets and not draw attention to them.

4. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry was a little slower than before but he managed to keep up with Sasha. "I once heard from my father that there was place of worship to the north of the castle. I figured if we went there the people would help us and treat your wound properly. Plus they may have maps and suppies to spare for us to take. It is not a long term plan but it is a step in the right direction."

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Okay good." It was unlikely the raiders had done anything much further spread than the castle yet. She had no doubts that it wouldn't be safe long, but it was a start. She just hoped that she would be able to lead Harry there as they continued through the city, eventually cresting into more open farmland, before the woods beyond making the boarder of the town. They would be out in the open, but they had no choice. At least by now they had been on the move enough that the storm had calmed down and the unusual weather almost cleared. She had no doubts it would come back though if they were in danger again.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry was very upset about what had happened to the castle but he did his best to hide it and stay strong because he was the only royal left. He ran at Sasha's side but as they continued on it became more obvious he was in pain from his left leg.
    "Sasha, the weather is calm again but it was stormy not too long ago. What happened to it?" Harry hoped Sasha could explain what he had experienced back at the castle.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I.. am not really sure your majesty. As I told you before I think the storm came from me, but I don't quite understand my own magic. I was forbidden from learning. I think that it has something to do with my emotions. When I was more worked up it was reacting more." Sasha pointed out hoping that it made sense. She didn't honestly know if it made sense herself, she didn't understand any of this, but it was just what she could feel in her blood, the magic and reaction to it all.

8. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry took a moment to think about what Sasha had said and the moment the storm appeared. "The storm was created when your emotions went out of control. I can understand why you were not allowed to pratice using your magic. Sasha do you fear your own power?" Harry didn't quite know how he felt about Sasha's powers but hoped Sasha's answer could help him figure it out.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I was raised to." Sasha reached up and ripped up the rest of her sleeve on the side that had been injured. She tried to avoid the makeshift bandage, but get enough of her sleeve off her arm to show Harry some of her markings. A storm tattoo adorned her upper arm as Sasha showed him sighing. "When I was a young girl and my powers were barely showing, His grace caught word of it and ordered these markings as a warning of what I am. The magic is a rare but powerful one, not suited for a servant girl. so I was forbidden to use it, but marked so I couldn't hide what I am. When you grown up knowing that, it is hard not to fear your own powers, not when showing them could mean a lot of trouble for you and your entire family."

10. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry felt troubled by Sasha's words and it was clear something was effecting him by the look on his face. His mind was lost in thought and his speed slowed down as he began to lose focus on what they were doing.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Harry suddenly fell silent and Sasha looked at him nervously. "I apologize. Did I upset you, your majesty?" She asked, fearing it had something to do with her words and not liking it. She was just being honest with him, and didn't think anything of it until he stopped talking.

12. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry was in a trance until Sasha called out to him. "No you did not upset me. My father always said that all people in the kingdom are the same, equal yet he had you marked like that. I just can not understand him anymore." Harry had clearly started to doubt his father and how he was raised.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "The ability to manipulate something as wild and unpredictable as weather is a dangerous gift no matter who has it. He just wanted to make sure that if I grew up not as... docile... as he hoped that the danger would be limited by giving people knowledge of what they were getting into" Sasha defended the king. She always trusted and supported his decisions, she trusted that he would know best, much better than her at the very least.

14. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry realised Sasha had placed a lot of trust in his father. He was troubled by the doubts he now had but knew it was best that he kept them to himself. "Sasha, would you want to learn to control your powers?" Harry wanted to get the subject away from his father and the castle because he was starting to lose his control over his own emotions.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    An option in her life? She could say with confidence that she never really had many of those. Sasha bit her lip and glanced around nervously. Everything she learned growing up was around treating her powers like they didn't exist, but after what happened back there, out of control powers seemed.... well dangerous. She had called lightning down around them. What if she had hit someone innocent? "Well... I... it might be good to know how to control them so I don't hurt someone." She admitted seeming a little nervous to even say that much.

16. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

When Harry heard Sasha's answer he was not surprised. The fear Sasha had was burned into her and it would take time for the burns to heal. "Sasha perhaps we need some kind of warning word. If you start to lose control of your emotions then say the word and I will take cover." Harry hoped his suggestion helped Sasha feel safer from herself.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    She shouldn't need some sort of warning word, she didn't need one. She knew how to control her emotions. The only time she was unable too was when they were in too much danger for the warning word to even help. "No, I think it is fine. I am usually good at controlling my emotions. All the danger had me scared is all. I won't let it happen again your majesty." Sasha bowed her head a bit, submissive to the end. "But if your majesty wishes it, I will try it."She assured him.

18. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry thought for a moment and realised the idea for a warning word was something his father used when he was growing up. Having lost faith in his father entirely, Harry decided to forget his suggestion. "If you are sure then it is not necessary. I have faith in you since it was you who saved me from a gruesome fate. If I recall what my father said correctly then we should be coming up to the place of worship very soon." Harry's leg was starting hurt even more and he was getting very tired.

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Good, she would never say it out loud, but her shoulder hurt to the point it was almost numbing the effect it had. Sasha worried if it could be getting infected already or if she was just being paranoid, but if they were almost there, then she was relieved. Part of her wanted to offer to help Harry too since she hadn't failed to notice a slight limp since the fall, but she couldn't drain her own energy anymore. They had to make it to this temple, rest a day or two, then she had no doubts that they would have to be on the move once more.

20. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Harry suddenly stopped and looked at a mountain shaped like a fist on the left. "We are too far west. The mountain shaped like a fist is west of the place of worship. But it means we are only about ten minutes away from it. Follow me" Harry turned to the right and started to lead Sasha towards their destination.