Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way

Discussion in 'Music' started by kingdom_hearts_soras_girl, Feb 11, 2011.

1. kingdom_hearts_soras_girl Destiny Islands Resident

This song is amazing in my opinion. Does anyone feel the same?? If you haven't heard the song, here's the video~

[video=youtube;Z4a8QtvOkBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a8QtvOkBQ[/video]

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think the lyrics are great, although it may lack in the actual music. Nonetheless I really like it and I cannot wait until it gets overhyped on the radio.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I never thought I'd say this about Lady Gaga, but I actually kind of liked it. I mean, for once, someone on the mainstream decides to make a song that's inspirational and not filled with negativity (sex, drugs, etc.). Songs like this do exist, by bands from this generation, but people tend to ignore them. But when someone with a big name like Lady Gaga, or even Katty Perry with her song Firework does something like this, it's a big deal. This has changed my view on her, not in a music (since she sings about stuff that's just wrong), but as an actual person.

4. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I think she's trying too hard to be a 'gay icon'. The song is alright but it might grow on me like most of her stuff. I'm just hoping this "LOOK AT ME I'M GAY" stuff doesn't spread to the entire album.

5. Darkandroid Gets it Together

It's kinda boring. This isn't really my sort of music but I did at least sort of like her previous songs. Nothing stands out about this, musically it's just uninteresting.

6. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

It's a good dance tune.

Being gay I found the lyrics a little patronizing but I've let it slide for all those insecure closet kids.
    It's quite strong she made a song about unity and it's club friendly. That means she hitting the message to the masses. It's a grower for sure though.

About her singing about sex/drugs is wrong... No offense, but pop music has thrived on love and sex for a long time (so has commercial rock) and for a long time it still will. But she's going for a more love and unity angle from this album from what little we know.
    We've heard two songs (Born this way and you&I, her piano rock ballad she does on tour) and also two remixes of songs she's used for her stylists professional runway features for Thierry Mugler which she walked on herself this Wednesday (they're called Scheiße; a berlin sounded club banger and Government Hooker; another quirky sound thats more likely about Marilyn Monroe than her screwing senators).

I'm a big fan but ignoring every ounce of hype people are giving it, hype only hurts stuff.

7. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

It was a pretty interesting song.
    Just got old after replaying it over and over and over again :lolface:.

8. program Twilight Town Denizen

You should've seen the Saturday Night Live performance, toward the end she shoved a ball up her shirt, got carried to a 'birth chair' and spread her legs open. Then they spread something sod-like around her. It was freaking creepy.

[video=youtube;2E8MhqiyLTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E8MhqiyLTA[/video]