Audio Laplace’s Videogame song covers/Original Compositions/Etc.

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Laplace, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Welcome, here I shall post all my cover songs (Mostly Daisuke Ishiwatari’s stuff), my own original compositions (Given I get over my paranoia of getting ripped off), and other stuff related to music.

Thanks to Beast of Fire of Dustloop and others for providing the tabs/MIDIs of the songs I covered. And other artists for the other game’s songs I covered.

Disclaimer: I don’t know how to play instruments at all except for some MIDI Keyboard; this was all done with a synthesizer/automation program like FL Studio/Cubase/Ableton Live/etc. All I did was some octave shifting/mixing-up/etc.

Covers:

-Gluttony Fang (Hazama’s Theme)-

My cover (Update 4/11): http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ari130p6p481zm7/Gluttony Fang Cover (Hazama's Theme) V2.mp3

-Plastic Night (Relius’s Theme)-

My cover: https://www.mediafire.com/listen/6r7mhm7qrt94n88/Plastic Night Cover (Relius's Theme).mp3

-Sword of Doom (Mu-12's Theme)-

My cover: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/wdmmxluo13jpnhg/Sword of Doom Cover (Mu-12's Theme).mp3

-Childish Killer/Cross Line (Jin vs Tsubaki's Theme)-

My cover: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/g63jbwib416dmvb/Cross Line Cover (Jin vs Tsubaki Theme).mp3

-Rebellion (Ragna's Theme)-

My cover: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/c6we6kae8nattq4/Rebellion+Cover+(Ragna's+Theme).mp3

As with my graphic topics, critique is welcome as long as it has fundament. But any encouragement word will do.

2. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Again sorry but, Bump.

New cover, this time Mu-12’s theme AKA Sword of Doom AKA the Hoenn version (TRUMPETS) (Also might want to lower your volume maybe just a bit, IDK how but it kinda sounds louder than my other covers). Tried to give it a more orchestral feeling ala “Who Wants to Live Forever?” (Except my cover is not as good as the Queen Song, of course)

I’ve been thinking about retouching Hazama’s cover a bit because:

A - The guitars don’t sound loud enough. Which makes the Solo not sound clear enough. It sounds kinda messy in it's current state.

B – The guitars don’t sound METAL enough. Which makes me sad. I originally wanted the song to have a more Pop-like feeling given its Hazama which we are talking about. But no, my style is Rock/Metal it seems.

Also, I’ve been thinking about making a YouTube or a Soundcloud or something like that for you people to comment better my songs. What do you think?

Finally, what cover would you like to see next? I have Rebellion and Jin vs Tsubaki ready to be uploaded, and Azrael’s theme ready to be tuned up.

3. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Le Bump (Hopefully the last one given someone else posts in here).

Fixed Gluttony Fang, check the first post for the new version. Some of the improvements include:

-A different drum set (Which fits better this song given the Snares and Crashes sound nicer for this song and the Crashes replicate the effect of the original song better)
    -A new synth in place (Some… Pseudo Rock Organ)
    -Different Lead Guitar.
    -Different Amp for the Lead Guitar.
    -A clear/more defined solo thanks to the louder guitars.
    -I Amped the Bass and put the volume on it up (Which I forgot before…)

The original synth stays in place; it’s the closest I could find to whatever Daisuke used for the original Gluttony Fang.

That should be good enough for now until I get another of my “THIS SOUNDS LIKE GARBAGE OR COULD SOUND BETTER” attacks. :l

I am also in the process of cleaning up Plastic Night, but I need to do some mixing up because the main chorus sounds too meshed up right now.

And I’m still awaiting your opinions on the Soundcloud/Youtube idea and what cover you’d like to see next. :l

4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Last Bump, I swear (Somebody please post in here :l)

New cover, this time “Childish Killer/Cross Line” (I swear that’s the most random name ever, who got to name the BlazBlue tracks, anyways?), the theme of Jin vs Tsubaki, I replaced those Engrish-y vocals with something more… Smooth. Also if any of the links doesn’t works just tell me.

Also I’m trying my hardest to fix Relius’s theme, but I can’t because I can’t preview this before I render the song, because the moment I touch the Play button = The CPU rages at me.

Also I wish I could upload my cover of Azrael’s theme, but I can’t, ASW is on a full rampage purging left and right.

So next is Condemnation Wings, Rebellion or given I can fix it, Plastic Night again.

Oh, and I still need to make a Soundcloud. No YouTube for me given it merged almost symbiotically with Google+. :l

5. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Time to bump.

Deleted the original songs part because ASW is on a rampage on YT and I saw my link to Gluttony Fang get deleted.

Also, new cover, Ragna’s theme, also known as Rebellion.

This will probably be the last bump until I get a post that isn’t mine in here given I see no motivation to keep doing this, I started doing this as a way to people to enjoy my music and maybe get some critique so I can improve, but I don't see people enjoying my music or even giving it critique, so yeah. :l

Oh well, sometimes things don't go according as planned.

6. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

REVIVAL, SWEET REVIVAL.

Decided to make a Soundcloud since I might start making original compositions not related to my personal projects and I finally got (Mostly) off my paranoia of being ripped off.

*Inb4 you can't listen to it because I have the worst luck ever*

7. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Anybody up for some Symphonic Metal that is probably more Symphonic than Metal?

Looking back at my old original pieces and then this, I clearly improved a lot in such a short span of time, which is good.

Anyways, slowly fighting that paranoia away.

8. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

This one is an experiment.

I took some light cues from Slayer’s theme from GGXX and turned it into a completely different, yet similar thing.

The tempo is definitely slower compared to the original Slayer theme, but that’s because THAT SAX needs time to build-up and I wanted to give it a different feel overall.

Too bad I’m not Daisuke Ishiwatari to make a theme worthy for The Dandy Man himself.

9. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Birthday present for Jayn and for somebody of my family, yes I know I'm awfully late for the former, but I needed to gain more composition knowledge and abilities in order to tackle a song like this. And even then the solo is... Alright.

10. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qu545544ctu0cc1/Stairway To Heaven Cover V2.mp3

Alright, since somebody wondered so kindly how my voice sounds like and I answered with the possibility of me redoing this song I might as well get over with, but I tell you, it's not going to be pretty...

Did this on one take, not like it matters much, but yeah.

Also, sorry for the popping/white noise, I think I might have accidentally messed up the EQ or forgot to add in Compression.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  11. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Orchestral and piano-based composition, no electric guitars this time.

Like I said, only inspired by Queen's "The March Of The Black Queen" in theory only. And it's mostly an experiment (I need to try out new stuff, after all).

Personally I like how this turned out. c:

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If I knew a lot more about composition and stuff, I'd be able to tell you more than "tHIS IS ALL SO COOL KEEP DOING YOUR THING WOW GOOD JOB." But I don't.

tHIS IS ALL SO COOL KEEP DOING YOUR THING WOW GOOD JOB

^^;

13. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Haha, that makes two of us, I personally up to today still commit mistakes a person of my degree shouldn't (Specially with percussion), I literally thank my progression on musical composition to my MIDI Keyboard and my average Keyboardist abilities, on top of learning a lot of theory on chords and stuff (I haven't learned any theory on harmony yet, I do that all by ear)

Still, I really appreciate it. c:

14. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Another experiement, took cues from Bedman's theme and decided to create a completely different yet similar thing.

Personally I'm not too convinced on this one given the sounds start to blur when the strings kick in after the solo but that piano solo saved it.

That and I battled too much with this song, I just want to move onto something else. <_<

15. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/pitiybp4ed3goka/Original Composition - My Dear Friend.mp3

GUYS I BROKE THE WITCH'S SPELL, I COMPOSED A SONG WHICH I COULD SING.

This one is my Friend's Day/Día Del Amigo (A friendship-themed celebration here on July 20, but I'm giving presents early) present for @Jayn who I have a lot of respect for.

I already gave @Ars Nova his present and I MIGHT work on some small presents for the people I know but that's for July 20.

Dear Friend
    You bring me warmth
    Dear Friend
    You are so kind
    Dear Friend
    I want to say
    Dear Friend
    You’re in my mind

(Verse 2)
    Can you get it?
    Kindness repays with kindness
    Your friendship feels just like sunrays
    Can you feel it?
    Warmness inside warmness
    Hold my hand please
    So I can just say

(Chorus)
    My Dear Friend
    My Dear Friend
    I just want…
    My Dear Friend
    My Dear Friend
    To see your smile

Dear Friend
    You bring to me light
    Dear Friend
    When I’m alone you…
    Dear Friend
    Remind me I'm not
    Dear Friend
    You warm up my life

(Verse 2)

(Chorus)

(Solo)

(Chorus)

Whoever laughs at me for singing this kind of "innocent" music instead of Metal or something you see me usually do gets a Houtenjin in the face. <:

16. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7lupxpiek5s2hgl/Original+Composition+-+Noisserped+The+Demon.mp3

I... Did it again, and this time it wasn't a complete casuality.

BUT, the problem is, it's a bit off-key according to a friend who has a good musical ear (Unlike me :l).

So I NEED you all to reply and help me improve this song before I upload it to Soundcloud.

Tried to give the vocals an Ozzy Osbourne-like feeling.

Read Noisserped backwards and you'll already get the theme of the song, but don't worry, the song is about fighting it.

Noisserped, demon of deception
    Master of the illusion
    Rules over an army of slaves
    With his corrupted hex

And he shall attempt to rule over you
    He shall make you one of them too
    Don’t follow him, no matter the thought

Millions have fallen off by his hands
    Forced to suicide inside his claws
    Has deceived people into loneliness
    And others into cold-heartedness

No matter what you must fight
    You must do what is right
    Not with brawn, but with might

(Solo)

Look, nobody said it’s an easy task
    Love, work for him they are all masks
    But one must stay strong oneself
    Not for others, but for yourself

It’s important to never give in
    And you shall be set free
    So keep on fighting
    Keep on fighting

17. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

WE ARE DONE HERE.

Thanks A LOT to @Ars Nova for giving me constant support on this, no matter my negativism with my voice.

18. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

19. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

bb I'm gomen you never get comments here orz

I'ma just say what I say in Skype: Your stuff gets better and better with each new track. DON'T STOP JUST GO.