Law vs Justice

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Xaldin, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryoujin T. Guest

This is pretty confusing. Justice is really an perception of what people think is "fair". People that I know prefer justice because they believe that it's more fair and it favors them. However, law is "written in stone". Law doesn't really care about emotions of the criminal or victim. It's "if you do this crime, then you get this punishment." In Xaldin's case of the criminal killing that one person's family and that person avenging the family, the person feels justice, although he has done wrong. The "avenger" has is sentenced to some kind of punishment because he has done wrong, despite the fact that he was avenging his own family.

I prefer law, even if it goes against me. It's more stated and no matter WHAT situation a person is in, they should not commit a crime of any kind.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

hmmmm.....actually, that's not such a bad view. ur rite, justice IS just a perception but if the government can't make a sufficient punishment, and u can't. who can?

3. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

back to what i said law is just bits of paper unless there is enforement and proper punishment. like the smoke-free zone that i live in. a house beside the council building inside the zone had smoke coming out of its chimney and my mum phoned them and they said 'we dont have enough staff to investigate'. same with the dog crap signs. a fine for something that noone has probly ever been caught for because they would need someone on every street corner watching for dogs going to the toilet

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well....i guess they might not deserve to die, but they DEFINITELY deserve more than wat they're getting today tho

5. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

exactly what im saying. death penalty wrong, but atm we are nowhere near tough enough on any kind of criminal, except for those that really dont deserve punishment eg pensioners not paying theyre council tax in protest getting sent to jail. THAT ISNT JUSTICE.

6. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Quoted for the truth.
    I think sentences for everything are WAY too light:eek:

7. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I'll take justice any day.

8. dandanrevolutionextreme Banned

there is a HUGE gap between law and justice, HUGE!!!!

law, is what the public(who was not involved in the entire scene) THINK is right.

justice, is what satisfies he people who were involved in the scene, without over indulging them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.